You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea. Requires thought. 8 players minimum.

Bjornebye

Ha ha.

Gets my championship player out the way and gives me the option to go with a back 4 or 3 depending on others stealing my picks.

This is exactly the same as my Maldini over Baresi logic.  Then I gambled too long on Carlos Alberto being available...

I think arguably the best Championship player is still available

Better than Parker at his peak?  Because that's the angle I'll be arguing.

There are still some very good players in there, a couple who will make a name for themselves next year as well.

Better than Parker at his peak?  Because that's the angle I'll be arguing.

There are still some very good players in there, a couple who will make a name for themselves next year as well.

Well, it's arguable I suppose vs Parker. I'd forgotten about Parker when I came up with the idea that this player was the best

Pretty happy so far

---------------------------GK

Clyne----------CB---------------CB--------------LB

---------------Souness----------Lerby

Johnstone------------Zico-----------Cruyff

--------------------------Eto'o

Haven't even got a formation decided yet.

I'm torn between a narrow 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2.  Got some class players in mind but fuck... Kenny's partner is a hell of a difficult choice (was hoping I could nab Rush or Van Basten on the sly).

My plan was to leave it a bit more flexible but once i had the chance to nab Zico and already have Cruyff i need to go 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with Zico in the midfield and then getting Johnstone after it pushed me to the formation i have set up. 

Guest Alex_K

Shit,need a few

Was planning on Riise

You managed to get Eto'o & Clyne out from underneath me -- so only fair I got JAR!

This should be tight at the end of things -- some v close teams

I know what way I want to set up, just a case of which players... There's some absolute corkers left in that management category and only one person hasn't picked one

The guy I have in mind goes very well with your side, this could be Carlos Alberto all over again.

Actually reckon Dim and Col have the edge so far, but some tough calls left for both.

You managed to get Eto'o & Clyne out from underneath me -- so only fair I got JAR!

This should be tight at the end of things -- some v close teams

I was between three African Strikers and once Weah went it was down to Drogba or Eto'o. Id have been happy with either

Guest Alex_K

I was between three African Strikers and once Weah went it was down to Drogba or Eto'o. Id have been happy with either

Same -- Eto'o was my first choice, but was going to pull the trigger on any of them once they started moving.

I'm opting for pace & power -- Garrincha & Barnes down the wings, Drogba & Gullit through the center, Pirlo  & Rijkaard mopping up ..