You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Maybe he knows better than us? Just saying.

I love Klopp, best thing to happen to the club since Istanbul but I'm sorry this window has been a massive let down, such was the significance placed on finishing top 4. I want the best for LFC and our squad for Watford looks complete underwhelming and the games are coming thick and fast there after.

Maybe he knows better than us? Just saying.

To be fair that line has been trotted out for years and more often than not proven to be completely incorrect.

Not that we know better.

Jut that managers are very capable of being stubborn to the point of borderline stupidity. We've already seen it in years gone by.

Viktor Fagerstrom @ViktorFagerLFC

Klopp wants quality rather than quantity. It's his decision not to pursue alternative options to either Keita & Van Dijk. (@JamesPearceEcho)

August 10th does seem an appropriate time to start the "who is responsible for this disastrous transfer window?" discussion.

I know Klopp is handy with the press and on camera, but off the record briefings are a different game and he's playing against the best in the world.

Guest Alex_K

Cant remember ever having been so underwhelmed by the start of a new season. A real gut-punch that after all that stress watching our patched-up 11 scrape into the CL positions by their finger nails against a United focused on Cups & Arsenal in revolt, this is how we've gone about readying the squad to go again.

A massive anticlimax after being filled with hope for a much stronger team to head into a busy season. Looks like we've settled for mediocrity and a bank account full of cash instead of a trophy cabinet full of silverware once again.

I dread to think what happens if we get any more injuries, such a short sighted approach.

• Upvote 2

Maybe the whole team is juicing. Would explain the borderline insane optimism we can go a whole season with 4 competitions without an inevitable injury crisis and/or the usual xmas/january burnout.

Delusional

It was the perfect opportunity to gain ground as well, after qualifying for the Champions League, feels like it was all a waste of effort and bitten fingernails now.

Why do we do this shooting ourselves in the foot routine over and over, get some ambition or fuck off and sell to someone who has. We used to exist to win trophies, now we exist to fund yachts.

This Coutinho thing hasn't helped either, been a massive distraction taking focus away from the lack of incoming transfers. Guaranteed they'll spin keeping him as a statement of how they're doing a great job, when in reality it's a minimum requirement.

• Upvote 3

Maybe the whole team is juicing. Would explain the borderline insane optimism we can go a whole season with 4 competitions without an inevitable injury crisis and/or the usual xmas/january burnout.

Delusional

he's going to blow off the league cup early, after playing Chelsea in January he made a comment after the match about asking Conte how Chelsea were so fresh and Conte replied that it was because they went out of the LC so early. I know we will also have CL but that will only be an extra 6 games.

The manager takes responsibility for results. If we don't sign good enough players to get the results we need to meet goals, then he is accountable.

Is he accountable for lack of signings if there's no money to spend?

• Upvote 1

Is he accountable for lack of signings if there's no money to spend?

I repped that by mistake.

There is money! That is just a false, pile of untruth - and lets Klopp off with his ego! If FSG had their way - we would have bought Keane, Ox, and the lad from Shalke. But not signing anyone other than Keita and VVD is Klopps decision - and if it fucks up, he should take his criticism for that. 

• Upvote 1

I repped that by mistake.

There is money! That is just a false, pile of untruth - and lets Klopp off with his ego! If FSG had their way - we would have bought Keane, Ox, and the lad from Shalke. But not signing anyone other than Keita and VVD is Klopps decision - and if it fucks up, he should take his criticism for that. 

Which one of FSG told you this personally?

• Upvote 1