You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I think he is capable of doing exceptionally well, even with what we have. This is what FSG want, someone who can deliver miracles.

It's about winning in spite of them. Americans want money first, winning is a bonus.

Most clubs in America exist for marketing and merchandise as there is only one cup to play for them which most know they will never get near.

• Downvote 1

From the presser:

Klopp: "Between Oct 2015 and now there should never have been one moment when anyone doubted the relationship between myself and FSG."

Klopp on transfer alternatives: "If we bring in players, we bring them in because I like them, because I want them."

Klopp: "Life goes on and the club is bigger than all of us. All we do is to strengthen the club for our supporters—maybe that's surprising!"

• Upvote 1

I think he is capable of doing exceptionally well, even with what we have. This is what FSG want, someone who can deliver miracles.

It's about winning in spite of them. Americans want money first, winning is a bonus.

Most clubs in America exist for marketing and merchandise as there is only one cup to play for them which most know they will never get near.

the most obvious trait of yank money men and yanks in general is that they think everyone else are dickheads. Tom Hicks with a Liverpool mug springs to mind, or Donald Trump talking about how much he loves coal.
  • Downvote 1

the most obvious trait of yank money men and yanks in general is that they think everyone else are dickheads. Tom Hicks with a Liverpool mug springs to mind, or Donald Trump talking about how much he loves coal.

These are incompetent and not very good, far cry from those poisonous cunts. 

And yanks in general includes, Dylan, Roth, Chuck D, Always Sunny, Danny Devito, Bill Hicks, fucking tons and tons of great people - whom are so far removed from Trump it isn't even a passing thought. 

It is a bit like saying we are all a 'bit like' Gove and Johnson to prove point about Baseball.

He has played a couple of preseason friendlies. I'd hold off for a while yet.

Of course and fucking hell i am far from some sort of overly optimistic sort....but i just get a feeling with this lad that given the chances he could (key word is could) be very handy.

This could be one of the worst summer transfer seasons ever. Already worried about our strength in depth, lack of incoming players and now our best player wants to leave.

On the flip side we are playing good football and should smash Watford tomorrow.  

This could be one of the worst summer transfer seasons ever. Already worried about our strength in depth, lack of incoming players and now our best player wants to leave.

On the flip side we are playing good football and should smash Watford tomorrow.  

2 or 3 early defeats this season and the shit will hit the fan

It's a reasonable position. By the looks of it he's taking a gamble by not considering second options in either of two key positions. He seems an honest man so I've no reason to think that he's pissed off with the club.

Totally agree. I'm mystified why such a smart individual seemingly is happy going into a new season with hardly any new signings. It seems like if he's not getting the exact players he wants (Keita & VVD) he would rather sign noone else... Which is an absolute mystery to me - as if its only those players that can make us better. It almost sounds like the action of a madman.

Lets see if this is it - or if Klopp ends up getting the players he wants. If he keeps being the Normal One, or if its the start of the Mad One.

It's a reasonable position. By the looks of it he's taking a gamble by not considering second options in either of two key positions. He seems an honest man so I've no reason to think that he's pissed off with the club.

How many people do you know that criticise their employer, while being paid 7m by that employer?

He's not gandhi, he's a football manager who will act in his own rational self-interest. If that means working within parameters, then so be it.

• Upvote 1

Might as well get rid of the transfer committee if we are only going to be interested in 3 of Klopp's favourites every window.

Surely this has to be a double-bluff as our best recent purchase ( Mane ) was 2nd choice at best.

The more I think about it, the more I can only conclude the scouts bring bucket loads of players, but the only ones klopp and them agree on is VVD and Keita. There's no 2nd choice, because klopp thinks they're shit.

How many people do you know that criticise their employer, while being paid 7m by that employer?

He's not gandhi, he's a football manager who will act in his own rational self-interest. If that means working within parameters, then so be it.

The problem with this is that Klopp is already a very wealthy man and if it went even more tits up than it is at present he would get a hefty leaving fee and walk into an equally well paid job elsewhere