You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

I'm not unhappy with the transfer setup and I know that Michael Edwards is the de facto Director of Football but we'd be idiots if we didn't at least try to go after Monchi. He's already said he wants to leave Sevilla and they've said that he has a 5m Euro buy-out in his contract.

Klopp and Monchi would be something else.

I'm pretty sure we can find someone to not buy players for a lot less than 5m Euros.

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

Jurgen Klopp says he has no plans to buy a left-back this summer. #lfc (James Pearce)

Alberto Moreno is Milner’s deputy and Klopp doesn’t believe that’s an area of the squad that needs strengthening. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp: “If you wanted to see a positive at Plymouth it was at left-back because Alberto was good. He made no mistakes and that was with no rhythm coming into the game."

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

Jurgen Klopp says he has no plans to buy a left-back this summer. #lfc (James Pearce)

Alberto Moreno is Milner’s deputy and Klopp doesn’t believe that’s an area of the squad that needs strengthening. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp: “If you wanted to see a positive at Plymouth it was at left-back because Alberto was good. He made no mistakes and that was with no rhythm coming into the game."

Can't argue with that to be fair, there is no better acid test for the quality of a left back than a game against the mighty giants of Plymouth. They even conceded approximately 75% of possession to us so a real tough game for a left back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't argue with that to be fair, there is no better acid test for the quality of a left back than a game against the mighty giants of Plymouth. They even conceded approximately 75% of possession to us so a real tough game for a left back.

Looks like someone's got their eyes on Jurgen's job.

Who, exactly, would you like them to sign? There simply does not exist a player in world football that would make us title favourites, especially one that would be available to us this month. The bookies are giving us approximately a 15% chance of the title right now. At absolute best, any addition would add a couple of percentage points onto that number.

It's one thing if Klopp is crying out for a player and they're telling him we can't afford it. It's completely a different thing if he and the scouts have looked around and said "no, there's really no one available that makes us a lot better."

Do you actually believe this crap?

You think there is not one available target out there than would be an improvement on:

1. Origi

2. Moreno

3. Lucas

4. Can

5. Sturridge (given he is so incredibly out of favor that he doesn't even get a full game at fucking Plymouth)

???

What the fuck are we paying our scouts if they cannot find a player that can improve this current squad. Yikes.

Looks like someone's got their eyes on Jurgen's job.

No, just rolling my eyes at the bullshit we get handed to us every fucking window.

I know Jurgen is just playing the diplomat and saying the most non controversial thing, but if anybody for a second thinks it's not bullshit they are out of their mind.

You think there is not one available target out there than would be an improvement on:

1. Origi

2. Moreno

3. Lucas

4. Can

5. Sturridge (given he is so incredibly out of favor that he doesn't even get a full game at fucking Plymouth)

???

What the fuck are we paying our scouts if they cannot find a player that can improve this current squad. Yikes.

Why is that the scouts' fault? They're only paid to look at players and give their opinion. If Klopp doesn't want to spend the money or if he likes his squad, that's on him. He's the decision-maker here, not the scouts.

Why is that the scouts' fault? They're only paid to look at players and give their opinion. If Klopp doesn't want to spend the money or if he likes his squad, that's on him. He's the decision-maker here, not the scouts.

I agree. The remark about scouts was a flippant one and in relation to the insinuation that the players just aren't "out there"

1. Origi

2. Moreno

3. Lucas

4. Can

???

The names you've listed are world class, or potentially world class players!

January 2017 transfer window can go in summer.

Well if you are gonna be like that then the summer transfer window can be shipped out in January 2018.

Is everyone too thick to realise that the only way we are winning the league is by bringing John Flanagan back?

Think about it....

Well if you are gonna be like that then the summer transfer window can be shipped out in January 2018.

Is everyone too thick to realise that the only way we are winning the league is by bringing John Flanagan back?

Think about it....

We won't win the league until Marković returns, he's our only hope.

Its not about finding just better players but players that fit in with Klopps squad mentality,price,age and wages. Id rather we did sign somebody but we have players coming back and Mane will be backer in a few weeks. The squad is thin but if Klopp is happy and wants to wait for the players he wants,so be it