You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

For those expecting more of Wijnaldum because of his price remember that £25m gets you a Fellini, a Hererra or a Bolasi so whilst we could spend better it's not a ludicrous ratio of quality to price. I think he'll do a bit of a Lallana and add goals to his game.

And he did pull the ball down and put the cross in for one of Bobby's goals (who many were asking to be dropped before the game).

Ive never seen why people rave over Can. Not quick enough, wants too many touches, loses possession cheaply and gives away fouls.

This is what's going to happen. In the summer FSG will sell Coutinho to Barcelona for 60-70m. He'll leave because he's sick of playing for a side that finishes nowhere and never wins anything, and who can blame him?

The fans will do FSG's bidding by turning on him because he'll hand in a transfer request and FSG will get off the hook (yet again!) after selling our most valuable player virtually every season.

You want to know a player that'll instantly improve us? Dimitri Payet. There's a player, in his prime, that'll give us 3 seasons of top class performances. Not interested though because he's 29. Yet we refuse to pay £2.5m for Delle Alli. There in lies the dichotomy. We don't spend what's needed on young or old. 

I feel sorry for our scouts because if we had ambitious owners Klopp could have Diego Costa, Alexis Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Salah and Alli in his squad. But from years of penny pinching Lucas fucking Leiva is still here playing at centre back. It's a fucking joke.

Dont think there will be that many fans who wont call out FSG when Coutinho is inevitably sold. Thats their plan working to perfection. Nobody will miss that.

They are people farming pure and simple.

I hope the farm foreman doesn't get fucked off with it all, and move to that bigger acreage over the hill.

For those expecting more of Wijnaldum because of his price remember that £25m gets you a Fellini, a Hererra or a Bolasi so whilst we could spend better it's not a ludicrous ratio of quality to price. I think he'll do a bit of a Lallana and add goals to his game.

Wijnaldum Can and Henderson. What an unholy trinity of mediocrity.

Klopp is thrashing all these guys hard to make up for a lack of a stabilising, world class DM, and so when they are out of juice, they dont have any inate skills to fall back on.

We really only need one of those in the squad.

I'd keep Can, but he would never play as a half arsed DM ever again. Because he isnt one. He would be the player playing directly behind a centre forward for me with Coutinho and Firmno either side. You could then just stick Lallana eihter side because he has a free roll anyway.

Can is having a mare at the minute but i think thats because hes being used wrongly.

He has an upside that Henderson will never possess.

Wijnaldum Can and Henderson. What an unholy trinity of mediocrity.

Klopp is thrashing all these guys hard to make up for a lack of a stabilising, world class DM, and so when they are out of juice, they dont have any inate skills to fall back on.

We really only need one of those in the squad.

I'd keep Can, but he would never play as a half arsed DM ever again. Because he isnt one. He would be the player playing directly behind a centre forward for me with Coutinho and Firmno either side. You could then just stick Lallana eihter side because he has a free roll anyway.

Can is having a mare at the minute but i think thats because hes being used wrongly.

Absolute abortion of a midfield. If we don't buy a midfielder who can play football this summer I'll lose it. 

Wijnaldum was lucky as fuck to pull that little manoeuvre off. Would probably work about one time out of ten and then he was even luckier to get away with the handball that happened in there as well.

The fact he's our second best midfielder beggars fucking belief really.

Deserved it. Fantastic skill.

Can as a number 10?  Fucking hell.  Can you imagine the operations he would need to try to give him the speed of thought required?  Too risky.  No surgeon in the world would take the job on.

And if the upside you refer to is his hair, then I can sort of buy into that, but if we're talking football-related stuff, they're about as good as each other.

This is what's going to happen. In the summer FSG will sell Coutinho to Barcelona for 60-70m. He'll leave because he's sick of playing for a side that finishes nowhere and never wins anything, and who can blame him?

The fans will do FSG's bidding by turning on him because he'll hand in a transfer request and FSG will get off the hook (yet again!) after selling our most valuable player virtually every season.

You want to know a player that'll instantly improve us? Dimitri Payet. There's a player, in his prime, that'll give us 3 seasons of top class performances. Not interested though because he's 29. Yet we refuse to pay £2.5m for Delle Alli. There in lies the dichotomy. We don't spend what's needed on young or old.

I feel sorry for our scouts because if we had ambitious owners Klopp could have Diego Costa, Alexis Sanchez, Mkhitaryan, Salah and Alli in his squad. But from years of penny pinching Lucas fucking Leiva is still here playing at centre back. It's a fucking joke.

Absolutely. If Lucas was at any other team in the top six he would have been moved on years ago. Plus the fact that we have a striker who is permanently injured and sulks when he doesn't play when is fucking arsed to declare himself fit.

Absolutely sick of the way the club is run and they had the fucking cheek to raise the price of tickets to 77 quid then later moan about people refusing to pay for them and use it as an excuse not to build another few thousand seats.

Fucking hell I'm turning into Nightcat.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big fan of Can and have defended him on here loads of times but let's not beat about the bush, he's been absolutely terrible since he's come back in the side. However, he's young and to me he's still a long way down the list of problems. We've got two mediocre goalkeepers, one good centre back and two average ones, a midfielder at left back, one of the shithouseist captains of all time, no decent striker and very poor squad depth. Sturridge is done, Origi still flatters to deceive, our best "striker" is inconsistent. Lallana seems to be the only player who played today who is capable of playing close to his best most games but even at his very best he's not a match winner. Our three best players haven't played together for a long time. Sorry about the rambling and there's no conclusion here, just throwing some points out there

Guest Pistonbroke

he'll be sold and that will pay for one of fancy bars in the new stand

I reckon we are waiting until the summer as the money we get will be used to inflate the pittance those twats pull out of their own pocket. 

I'm a big fan of Can and have defended him on here loads of times but let's not beat about the bush, he's been absolutely terrible since he's come back in the side. However, he's young and to me he's still a long way down the list of problems. We've got two mediocre goalkeepers, one good centre back and two average ones, a midfielder at left back, one of the shithouseist captains of all time, no decent striker and very poor squad depth. Sturridge is done, Origi still flatters to deceive, our best "striker" is inconsistent. Lallana seems to be the only player who played today who is capable of playing close to his best most games but even at his very best he's not a match winner. Our three best players haven't played together for a long time. Sorry about the rambling and there's no conclusion here, just throwing some points out there

I'd agree with Lallana but Milner is there aswell for me. Rare he doesnt show up and give his all, especially given he'd probably rather not play LB.

• Upvote 1

He's 23. Is he going to get any better? I can't see it at all. Can't understand why Klopp hasn't tried Ejaria in midfield ahead of Can. Much more skillful and mobile.

The fact is for the long term Can is not good enough to be on our bench as back up for the first team. Also i personally feel we need a huge upgrade on Henderson.

Can't understand why Klopp hasn't tried Ejaria in midfield ahead of Can. Much more skillful and mobile.

Stewart is shite and Grujic is having a difficult season, but is still extremely young.

He's 23. Is he going to get any better? I can't see it at all. Can't understand why Klopp hasn't tried Ejaria in midfield ahead of Can. Much more skillful and mobile.

The fact is for the long term Can is not good enough to be on our bench as back up for the first team. Also i personally feel we need a huge upgrade on Henderson.

Can't understand why Klopp hasn't tried Ejaria in midfield ahead of Can. Much more skillful and mobile.

Stewart is shite and Grujic is having a difficult season, but is still extremely young.

Love to know what's gone on with Grujic, he surely can't be that bad to barely warrant a place on the bench.

Guest Pistonbroke

Love to know what's gone on with Grujic, he surely can't be that bad to barely warrant a place on the bench.

He's had lengthy injuries. 

Klopp wants new fans. Never mind all this talk of new fancy dan players. It's the fans who are to blame for home results.

it must come as a shock to him though after managing in a ground that is jumping all the time to come here and sit in silence...a real culture shock.

i remember mentioning it when he joined us...he comes from a different culture and of course it is even worse when he probably bought into all the bullshit about our special atmosphere

With all due respect, those are all buzzwords that mean nothing. Milner and Sturridge have won stuff and I don't see the intangible difference that this is supposed to be making. Also, Klopp won titles with young sides who's players had hardly won anything.

Of course, teams who win things sometimes haven't won things before, but mostly, it's the teams who have won things before who win.

"Winning mentality" is something that might not have been on that coaching course you went on, but surely there's been an article in Four Four Two about it?

It's also called experience.  It's how, for example, in 2009 the best team in the league finished second to a team who were frankly quite poor in their play, but had a winning mentality.  They had been there and done that.  In a title run-in, experience and winning mentality are crucial elements.

Klopp isn't a boss manager!

No that's right.  Great point, well made.  Your round, mate, same again.  See you during the week...