You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Mate, as a Labour Party member all I can say is he is allowed and we fucking wish he would focus on that.

From what I have seen, it's you lot, ie the Corbyn side of the party that constantly bang on about the stuff I mentioned. Oh, and constantly abusing anyone that doesn't vote your way as thick flagshaggers as well as other shite. Great way to attract voters.

*I mean in general terms not you necessarily*

• Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's doesn't address the issue of what the Leader is able to do (bearing in mind that the EHRC Report found against the previous Leader for having overstepped his purview in trying to speed up the response to anti-Semitism complaints).

The 'speeding up' part is the response from Corbyn and his team to the investigator, not their findings. I'd have to look up the exact wording (I can't remember the entire fucking document, like). They also found they interfered for other things, like whether or not to investigate it and hand out punishments. There were 23 counts. 

19 minutes ago, A Red said:

Speaking as a non Jewish person, one who selfishly votes for what suits him best at the time, I don't really give a fuck about whether the labour party is better on antisemitism now. I'm not overly arsed about Palestine, I don't fear fascists taking over the country and I don't really need lecturing on racism.

Please Labour, stop banging on about this stuff, tell me how my life will be better and make it easy for me to vote for yo

Most of the public feel the same. As does Jeremy Corbyn. As does almost everyone bar a very small clique at the top of the Labour Party.

19 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think this is Starmers aim if only he is allowed.

He is allowed, he's instead chosen to ban the previous leader of the party and the person in who's cabinet he served. Of course its going to divert attention away from the real issues people are concerned about. It's a load of hogwash but it was his call. 

34 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's something we can agree on.

The prevailing narrative is that Labour was a bed of roses until 2015, then it became institutionally anti-Semitic, but now Starmer has purged the Lefties, it's a lovely welcoming place for Jews again. Every step of that narrative is demonstrably false; worse, promoting that narrative does nothing to tackle anti-Semitism.

Well, that narrative has nothing to do with me and what I said, I'm only going to back up what I said. Can you not see how you agreeing as soon as I say it wasn't a good system before Corbyn might feed my idea that you get pissed off at criticism because it's Corbyn. To add further to that, you don't mention how badly it was handled under Corbyn, how his team failed badly in response to this, how they didn't implement recommendations - that part wasn't in what you cited from the report on this particular subject - you chose to only reference the part where there was some improvement. What they said in the two paragraphs prior to the one I posted above regarding Chakrabarti's recommendations was 'Our investigation has identified serious failings in leadership and an inadequate process for handling antisemitism complaints across the Labour Party, and we have identified multiple failures in the systems it uses to resolve them. We have concluded that there were unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination for which the Labour Party is responsible. While there have been some recent improvements in how the Labour Party deals with antisemitism complaints, our analysis points to a culture within the Party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent antisemitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it.' If what you present is 'the report found it improved under Corbyn'. Well... sorry if I find that a little cherrypickery. This isn't the media framing it, this isn't me framing it, this is the report's own summary. Yes, it goes into further detail. You quoted SOME of it previously, though left out some important things. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

'If what you present is 'the report found it improved under Corbyn'. 

Well, there's your problem!

I have never said that.

I have been pointing out that it's nuts to assign any blame or credit to the Leader's Office for things that are outside the Leader's purview.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

From what I have seen, it's you lot, ie the Corbyn side of the party that constantly bang on about the stuff I mentioned. Oh, and constantly abusing anyone that doesn't vote your way as thick flagshaggers as well as other shite. Great way to attract voters.

*I mean in general terms not you necessarily*

Yeah we know who you really meant. We feel that finger when its pointed, we understand the meaning of hot breath on the neck

Anyway back on topic, you say it's Corbyn and co stoking the flames well what about this then? 

Starmer at a boxing gym this morning. Stunts like this going to bring back unity? I think not.

20230216_155824.jpg

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah we know who you really meant. We feel that finger when its pointed, we understand the feel of hot breath on the neck, and not in a good way. 

Anyway back on topic, you say it's Corbyn and co stoking the flames well what about this then? 

Starmer at a boxing gym this morning. Stunts like this going to bring back unity? I think not.

20230216_155824.jpg

You're not suggesting that was actually a picture of Corbyn on the punch-bag are you? 

We can ignore this though.... it's the pesky Corbynite's who are the name callers

corbyn-british-soldiers-shooting.jpg?qua

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You're not suggesting that was actually a picture of Corbyn on the punch-bag are you? 

We can ignore this though.... it's the pesky Corbynite's who are the name callers

corbyn-british-soldiers-shooting.jpg?qua

No. It was just my silly joke.

The one you posted was real.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah we know who you really meant. We feel that finger when its pointed, we understand the meaning of hot breath on the neck

20230216_155824.jpg

Someone has just photoshopped that, as I'm sure you are aware. Looks like it was a 12 year old.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Jesus wept. 

Yes, that's what I thought. I know you didn't think it's real, I think you're stupid not blind; I was taking the piss out of Stig for thinking you might have thought it was real. You're such an insufferable cunt that I can't even do that without you being a prick. 

Just now, House of Dirk said:

So, can we close this thread when Corbyn doesnt run as candidate (for whatever reason) at the next election ?

Will that be enough for people to accept that he is finally gone ?

This is TLW. Threads aren't closed. What are you, some sort of RAWK Nazi? BOOOOOOOOOOO

I do agree. It should be shot into space. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, that's what I thought. I know you didn't think it's real, I think you're stupid not blind; I was taking the piss out of Stig for thinking you might have thought it was real. You're such an insufferable cunt that I can't even do that without you being a prick. 

I only looked at the Corbyn image, quickly realised it was super-imposed and had to double check! I didn't notice the giant cunts in the background. How much did you pay for your ticket?