You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

46 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Lost my mum this morning at half 4, no more pain mam!

Aah Mate, sorry to hear this. My Mrs lost her mum on new years day 2020.

She had Alzheimers, was in a care home and it's true what they say that you lose them twice.

Really sorry for your loss, but what you say is spot on.

Still horrible though.

Take care of yourself and yours brother.

40 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Aah Mate, sorry to hear this. My Mrs lost her mum on new years day 2020.

She had Alzheimers, was in a care home and it's true what they say that you lose them twice.

Really sorry for your loss, but what you say is spot on.

Still horrible though.

Take care of yourself and yours brother.

So sorry for your loss CS. Lost my mum to the same illness. So sad to see a vibrant lady become a lost soul. My dad was cut to pieces by it. 

On 18/11/2022 at 15:33, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks mate, it all seems to have happened at once over the last couple of years. Mum's dementia has been the hardest thing to get over as she's in her late 70s but she's still 10 years younger than dad, so we thought if anybody was going to start to fail it would be dad.

The last 9 months she's just fell off a cliff. She's an absolute shadow of the person she used to be. She's just a husk now, she has no clue who any of us are. She can just about still communicate, but she can't function in any other way. The care home, as much as it pains us to admit it, is the best place for her!

fucking hell mate..you are going through it

everyone on here is here for you.

Not been around these parts much of late, but been logging in over the past few days to see how folk are getting on.

I was raised by my grandmother, so always thought of her as mum. Sadly she passed when I was in my twenties, what feels like a lifetime ago now!

But, one thing that always struck me was that there’s an additional boost to victories, and a new depth to the lows, which is the absence felt. The victories you celebrate alone knowing their blood runs through you and they helped shape you and that all of it was because of the lessons and words, even half forgotten, that made you you. We are nothing more than the successes from the pasts echoes and it’s a wonderful feeling knowing the depth of pride they’d feel. The lows hurt as they’re not there with a word of kindness, or a kick up the arse with ‘stop being a soft cunt’ filling the ears. It doesn’t get any easier, it only gets less loud.

Anyhows, I have nothing but the best wishes for you and yours.

If I can be of any help just ask.

Peace, love and happiness,

Andrew

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

it is one of the worst things you can go through. Me dad had it and for a few years he was sound and then he just fell of a cliff. He got took into walton and cos covid was one we obviously couldnt go and see him (whilst Johnson was having his weekly piss ups obvs). He then got took into a care home and again we couldnt see him, but we were just getting told he was sound.Then after a few weeks I got a phone call that he had a bad night and wasnt gonna last long. Me and our kid went too see him dressed like something out of ghostbusters. Even the funeral was socially distanced and we couldnt even have a wake.

The only blessing one is wasnt dragged out,I can imagine that being even worse.

Hang in there cs.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

I've mentioned my fucking sister on this thread before , we have absolutely no contact whatsoever which suits me and my son just fine 

But she can't help herself by bitching about me and my lad about whatever takes her fancy to my brother,  now she's found out our depot is closing and is putting her 2 pence worth in by telling him that if I had any sense I'd take a job in the depot in Runcorn now I understand to most on here it's not much but I'm honestly at the end of my tether with her and tonight I've threatened her with a solicitor's letter if it carries on , Any thoughts would be welcome. 

• Upvote 1