You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

Still waiting on my money from my ex from the house. I floated the idea of me taking a %of the rent payments she is getting from the house until I'm paid up and now her mum is causing all kinds of problems to drag it out. I'm on me arse and they know full well I'm in the shit and they are just prolonging it constantly. Seeing a solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. Going to make it hell for them from now on. Absolute cunts, can't understand why people can be such dicks to someone who was in their family for 4 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

Still waiting on my money from my ex from the house. I floated the idea of me taking a %of the rent payments she is getting from the house until I'm paid up and now her mum is causing all kinds of problems to drag it out. I'm on me arse and they know full well I'm in the shit and they are just prolonging it constantly. Seeing a solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. Going to make it hell for them from now on. Absolute cunts, can't understand why people can be such dicks to someone who was in their family for 4 years.

Set fire to them mate. You know it makes sense.

• Upvote 2

Me neither. I feel for you, Stig, I really do. You need to be able to get on with the rest of your life

• Upvote 1

It's a bit of a strange one- when you come from a big family ( as I do)-people always think it must be like the Waltons ( The Tv family- not the Wirral Sextuplets)

Believe me, it's anything but. 

There will be siblings that you love more,and get on better with- just like you will be mates who aren't blood relations.

There are plenty of mates I would choose above/ before my relations.

e0bd6bdfb66ea36155493d419b283761.jpg

Genuinely sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up, fella.

It's a cunt Stig.  Find out your options from your solicitor and get what's due to you.  Don't let them keep you down. 

Keep track of them over the next few years, Stig. I'm fully intending to do a nationwide Moaty before I go full retard. Your ex in-laws have made it on to the Hampshire leg of the tour.

• Upvote 6

Maintaing eye contact when I met melons was probably one of my greatest achievements; the natural inclination to have your gaze drift downwards to the ampleness... honestly, was just checking if my pint needed s refill....

I want pics! Never had the pleasure of seeing what Melons looks like.

Fuck. Had the wife go off on one. She starts all the "don't know if I want to be married any more" stuff - out of the blue.

Didn't react too much as I didn't want to stir things. Shitting it now. Don't know if she was serious or just being nasty. Can't sleep or eat. At the end of the day I could probably get over her - as you do - but couldn't handle not seeing the kids every day. Also I gave up my job and security a couple of years ago when we moved, to further her career. Working for a lot less pay and no seniority, no pension plan now. So I couldn't even properly support myself if we split. Again, all out of the blue. Hopefully she was just overreacting. If not, then I'm fucked.

• Upvote 2

Fuck. Had the wife go off on one. She starts all the "don't know if I want to be married any more" stuff - out of the blue.

Didn't react too much as I didn't want to stir things. Shitting it now. Don't know if she was serious or just being nasty. Can't sleep or eat. At the end of the day I could probably get over her - as you do - but couldn't handle not seeing the kids every day. Also I gave up my job and security a couple of years ago when we moved, to further her career. Working for a lot less pay and no seniority, no pension plan now. So I couldn't even properly support myself if we split. Again, all out of the blue. Hopefully she was just overreacting. If not, then I'm fucked.

Hope you work things out. Maybe you just need to clear the air and find the root cause of whats pissing her off.
  • Upvote 1

Been there mate.

Gave up career, steady tenured work, decent pension and option of 25 years of service and out with full pension and no penalty.

Not to be a prick but women rarely go off on one out of the blue, this is something she may have been thinking of for awhile. Also the furthering of her career-my ex-wife only has a career because of me, I looked after the kids, I took jobs that worked around her schedule, I dealt with the kids activities, etc. Then was basically binned after the eldest graduated high school...but I knew the risks going in.

Your job as well, if its the same work schedule as mine....that will be a factor.

It could be an over reaction but there may be some underlying issues there with her.

As a side note, my ex has a new BF, he has met my kids. His name is Charles but my eldest daughter let slip that he cannot stand being called Charlie. My son calls him Charlie...apparently it really agitates him...no idea why. Caused a bit of an incident at a BBQ.

He is moving back with his mother, I am sending him back to Nunavut for various reasons, basicslly he fucked up here in the south and needs to sort his shite out. My ex's boyfirend is visiting for a couple of weeks and my son will be there. He told me today I ain't calling him Dad, even if there is a fire, and if he doesn't respond to Charlie than it will suck to be him.

• Upvote 3

• 9 months later...

So....

Me stepddad - who was always a bit of an arse to me - died a couple of weeks back now. Felt sorry for him and was there to support him and my family in the final days. However, in a final act of typical selfishness he'd left nothing behind to pay for the funeral so I've had to do it - including going into my overdraft - just as me and the Mrs were at the end of remortgaging and paying some debts off. Hopefully I'll be able to claim some back from the dole, but hey ho. 

Had about three days off sorting everything, running around to get death certificates, submit new benefit claims, arrange appointments for her with the CAB etc ect, arranged the funeral etc. I had a sleepless night wondering how I'd pay for the fucking thing but thankfully some shit came together and I could cobble the funds together. 

Anyway. 

He never got on with his family, especially his sisters who are c*nts. Me mum was telling me only recently how he didn't want them to know if he ever died, and how they'd been horrible to my sister etc. And I firmly believed if they found out there'd be mayhem. 

So guess what my mum and sister have gone and done? Just guess? 

runningman_killan.jpg

That's right beautiful you guessed correct, they've told his sisters!

They've since been trying to arrange with the hospital to view the body behind my mum's back and are fully expected to go to the undertaker's on the bounce next.

My mum assures me they haven't been told where and when the funeral is - which means that within a maximum of, say, 48 hours, my sister will tell them - probably via Facebook. I've just text my mum to tell her to make sure they aren't told because I can't take any more shit after all this aggro.

It feels like I spend my life cleaning up their shit, I mean really basic stuff, she can't even change her GP without me physically going down there and collecting the forms and helping her fill them in. Then she'll moan, repeatedly, about how she doesn't like her doctor. 'Have you changed your doctor yet?' 'No I'll have to'. I thinks she's doing it for attention.

I spend my life cleaning up their shit and they spend their lives deliberately making more of it, no opportunity is wasted to create fucking mayhem. Me Mrs can't stand the pair of them anymore, she suspects they're just on an endless emotional blackmail and manipulation streak, and she's probably right. What can you do though when it's your family? It's a form of bondage isn't it?

The only way it'll ever end is when they die or I do, sounds melodramatic but it's true. 

• Upvote 3

Well done Section. What I've found hardest about growing up is your own family are right cunts sometimes and standing by them, biting your tongue and doing the right thing regardless is fucking hard.

You may not getting any gratification from anyone else or any self pride but at least you know you've done the right thing.

• Upvote 1

My mum has just rocked up in a YMCA after finally burning every last bridge available to her. She's 49 years old and is now living in a shelter that's meant primarily for teenagers. I find it quite satisfying really seeing as she turfed me out for some bloke when I was 14 and I ended up in those kind of places myself as soon as I turned 16.

I could fill ten pages of this forum with the unforgivable shit she's said and done over the years but I won't because I'd just end up making myself angry. I've given her chance after chance, reprieve after reprieve and even taken her into my own home before now but she's thrown it back in my face every time. I washed my hands of her a while back after being let down, embarrassed and ashamed again and she hasn't seen or made any effort to see my kids for two years.

Both of my little sisters were forced to leave home as kids as well. The eldest one has got a 15 month old daughter who my ma had never even set eyes upon until last week. Ironically she's only seen her because it was my sister that took it upon herself to ring the police after it became clear that nobody had seen my ma for days. She's got absolutely nobody left to turn to other than my sister who's a bigger person than I am as she's now reaching out and helping her out with clothes, furniture, etc, despite having suffered her just as much as I have.

I actually got a 'happy birthday' text from her this morning but I'm pretty sure it was prompted. I want nothing to do with her until she can prove over a period of time that she's no longer the same selfish, nasty, vindictive, old pisshead that I've known all my life.

All together now... "It's fun to stay at the..."

• Upvote 4

So....

Me stepddad - who was always a bit of an arse to me - died a couple of weeks back now. Felt sorry for him and was there to support him and my family in the final days. However, in a final act of typical selfishness he'd left nothing behind to pay for the funeral so I've had to do it - including going into my overdraft - just as me and the Mrs were at the end of remortgaging and paying some debts off. Hopefully I'll be able to claim some back from the dole, but hey ho. 

Had about three days off sorting everything, running around to get death certificates, submit new benefit claims, arrange appointments for her with the CAB etc ect, arranged the funeral etc. I had a sleepless night wondering how I'd pay for the fucking thing but thankfully some shit came together and I could cobble the funds together. 

Anyway. 

He never got on with his family, especially his sisters who are c*nts. Me mum was telling me only recently how he didn't want them to know if he ever died, and how they'd been horrible to my sister etc. And I firmly believed if they found out there'd be mayhem. 

So guess what my mum and sister have gone and done? Just guess? 

runningman_killan.jpg

That's right beautiful you guessed correct, they've told his sisters!

They've since been trying to arrange with the hospital to view the body behind my mum's back and are fully expected to go to the undertaker's on the bounce next.

My mum assures me they haven't been told where and when the funeral is - which means that within a maximum of, say, 48 hours, my sister will tell them - probably via Facebook. I've just text my mum to tell her to make sure they aren't told because I can't take any more shit after all this aggro.

It feels like I spend my life cleaning up their shit, I mean really basic stuff, she can't even change her GP without me physically going down there and collecting the forms and helping her fill them in. Then she'll moan, repeatedly, about how she doesn't like her doctor. 'Have you changed your doctor yet?' 'No I'll have to'. I thinks she's doing it for attention.

I spend my life cleaning up their shit and they spend their lives deliberately making more of it, no opportunity is wasted to create fucking mayhem. Me Mrs can't stand the pair of them anymore, she suspects they're just on an endless emotional blackmail and manipulation streak, and she's probably right. What can you do though when it's your family? It's a form of bondage isn't it?

The only way it'll ever end is when they die or I do, sounds melodramatic but it's true. 

What does this have to do with Graeme Souness?

My mum has just rocked up in a YMCA after finally burning every last bridge available to her. She's 49 years old and is now living in a shelter that's meant primarily for teenagers. I find it quite satisfying really seeing as she turfed me out for some bloke when I was 14 and I ended up in those kind of places myself as soon as I turned 16.

I could fill ten pages of this forum with the unforgivable shit she's said and done over the years but I won't because I'd just end up making myself angry. I've given her chance after chance, reprieve after reprieve and even taken her into my own home before now but she's thrown it back in my face every time. I washed my hands of her a while back after being let down, embarrassed and ashamed again and she hasn't seen or made any effort to see my kids for two years.

Both of my little sisters were forced to leave home as kids as well. The eldest one has got a 15 month old daughter who my ma had never even set eyes upon until last week. Ironically she's only seen her because it was my sister that took it upon herself to ring the police after it became clear that nobody had seen my ma for days. She's got absolutely nobody left to turn to other than my sister who's a bigger person than I am as she's now reaching out and helping her out with clothes, furniture, etc, despite having suffered her just as much as I have.

I actually got a 'happy birthday' text from her this morning but I'm pretty sure it was prompted. I want nothing to do with her until she can prove over a period of time that she's no longer the same selfish, nasty, vindictive, old pisshead that I've known all my life.

All together now... "It's fun to stay at the..."

Unfortunately mate, people generally don't change.

You sound like you've been treated horribly by the one person in the world who is meant to be there for you. I'd sack her off and put your efforts into the people who have/are there for you.

Keep track of them over the next few years, Stig. I'm fully intending to do a nationwide Moaty before I go full retard. Your ex in-laws have made it on to the Hampshire leg of the tour.

Make sure you give me a nudge when you start. There are huge swathes of the North East I'd like dealt with and I've a couple of targets in Hampshire from when I lived down there as well.

I'd do it myself but with 2 murder investigations behind me already I don't want to push my luck too much unless I absolutely have to. 

• Upvote 2

Make sure you give me a nudge when you start. There are huge swathes of the North East I'd like dealt with and I've a couple of targets in Hampshire from when I lived down there as well.

I'd do it myself but with 2 murder investigations behind me already I don't want to push my luck too much unless I absolutely have to. 

strangers-on-a-train.gif

Families can be right cunts. My old man was a black hole sized cunt. Sent my mum on a long vacation to see her brothers and sold the house while she was gone. He fucked off and has only ever contacted my older brother until recently. I decked him when I was 19 during my summer holiday at the end of first year at Uni. Walked away and only came back to see my mum once a fortnight away from the house. Begged her to fuck him off and come and stay with me once I had finished Uni and started work and could afford to rent my own place. Being Indian she felt obliged to stick with him. She rocks up at my place having been totally humiliated when she gets "home" from her vacation and finds out it's not home anymore. 

And now that he needs help and is old and weak he's begging me and my wife to take him in. Fucking hell. My mum doesn't have a pot to piss in but I've looked after her and even taught her to drive and made sure she's never wanted for anything. She's also had some grandchildren in her life which has been great for her while the old cunt has had his money and solitude and nothing else. And now complains that we have been treating him really badly and should look after him and boot my mum out of our home. What a bastard.

• Upvote 7

Families can be right cunts. My old man was a black hole sized cunt. Sent my mum on a long vacation to see her brothers and sold the house while she was gone. He fucked off and has only ever contacted my older brother until recently. I decked him when I was 19 during my summer holiday at the end of first year at Uni. Walked away and only came back to see my mum once a fortnight away from the house. Begged her to fuck him off and come and stay with me once I had finished Uni and started work and could afford to rent my own place. Being Indian she felt obliged to stick with him. She rocks up at my place having been totally humiliated when she gets "home" from her vacation and finds out it's not home anymore.

And now that he needs help and is old and weak he's begging me and my wife to take him in. Fucking hell. My mum doesn't have a pot to piss in but I've looked after her and even taught her to drive and made sure she's never wanted for anything. She's also had some grandchildren in her life which has been great for her while the old cunt has had his money and solitude and nothing else. And now complains that we have been treating him really badly and should look after him and boot my mum out of our home. What a bastard.

Fucking hell. youve been incredible.

• Upvote 1

He tried to divorce her about 8 years ago when he thought we had bought her a house. Ha! She was living rent free in a house we owned and driving a car that I owned. He was fuming when he found out and had already coughed up solicitors fees. Serves him right.

• Upvote 4