You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Last I heard Warnock does not play for the club anymore. Did Karius say anything in that article saying how great he was or what great form he is in. Thought not. So do not know where the we and learning comes from.

Last I heard Warnock does not play for the club anymore. Did Karius say anything in that article saying how great he was or what great form he is in. Thought not. So do not know where the we and learning comes from.

Already covered this before your post.

The 'we' is really about all associated LFC media (all the stuff that people associate with us) - which the echo are, just wish they'd stop these kind of articles.

Happy that there hasn’t been many calls to bench Karius after his mistake on the weekend. I was worried that would be the case.

He did more things good than bad. And the alternative doesn't even pear thinking about.

What do people want a keeper that stays on his line like Mignolet or one that comes out quickly as Karius does. If Karius had of stayed back and Zaha scores people would be saying why did he not come out. I actually thought it was foot up on the keeper by Zaha given how close they were to each other. I hope the next time we are the attacking side the ref gives us the pen because I have a feeling we would not get the decision there. How many times in the PL do you see every keeper getting the benefit in those situations Jesus a few years ago we had Carroll doing a fore arm smash on Mignolet and the ref says he thinks Mignolet dropped the ball.

Disagree with this. We’ve been told before (and said for ourselves) that had Garcia’s ghost goal not have been given, the ref would have given a pen and sent off Cech.

Same scenario here.

Karius was in a no win situation as you say, where coming was the right decision if he gets there, but the wrong one if he doesn’t, and staying was the wrong decision if Zaha scores, but the right one if he doesn’t.

With all that said, once he doesn’t get anything on the ball, it’s a pen. Whether he meant to take him out is irrelevant, he clattered him. It’s a pen.

• Upvote 3

I don't think it was a massive mistake.

He had to come out imo. The issue was more with Henderson not even trying to win the first header and Trent being caught on his heels again

It wasn't massive because we won.  All keepers get caught out at some time or other coming when they should have stayed and vice versa. The best ones do it rarely, 

If he does it again tomorrow he can fuck right off !

• Downvote 1

Happy that there hasn’t been many calls to bench Karius after his mistake on the weekend. I was worried that would be the case.

I don’t really see a mistake. Zaha coming in. Karius goes out to stop it. His close presence prompts a weak and wide shot from Zaha. So far so good. He puts on the brakes. Zaha goes into him and goes over. It happens. Penalty given. Not the harshest decision, but I would much rather see a proactive goalkeeper.

On another occasion in the match Karius came out and his close presence led to a save, as the shot hit his chest.

He’s a goalkeeper that plays on the front foot, in keeping with how Klopp wants the team to play. I don’t mind seeing this proactive approach. He’s been good for a little while now, to the point that I’d be surprised if he is replaced in the summer. I think we will let Mignolet go and sign a keeper, but not a new no.1. We’ll see about that soon enough though I suppose!

• Upvote 2

Aye, if we are keeping Karius as a #1 it might make sense to replace Achtungbaby in the coaching department with a wise old head like Cassilas or Pepe Reina to school him and Danny Ward.

Reina is still first choice at Napoli and Casillas looks far better than his younger GK at Porto. Not sure either will be hanging up the gloves just yet.

I was a critic of the lad on here but he has certainly improved & I think we should wait until the end of the season to make a decision on whether he should be upgraded. I would still like Alisson but if he is only going to make a marginal difference it may be better using the cash on more urgent requirements. If Karius keeps improving we might just get Tony Warner back as cover.

He has shown increased confidence and ability while playing behind van Dijke. Sure looks to be displaying the potential when he was talked about as the next Neuer a few years ago. Considering he had bugger all to do in the derby that was a fine save to turn that one round the post. If Pickford had of done that the commentators would have been creaming themselves.

I always thought he'd be our main keeper before the season was over mainly because Klopp is the type of manager to give the man the rope and see if he climbs it or hangs himself with it. I didn't however think he'd turn it around to this extent so fast. He looks more comfortable every game and hopefully that continues as so far he's become a solution to a problem we've had since Reina lost faith here. In theory this should allow us to spend money in other areas to improve the first team and subsequently the squad.

Like others have said, he clearly benefits from Van Dijk being in our defense, as does the entire back four for that matter. I do however also feel that as he's been coming good lately our defenders are benefiting from him as well in that they trust him to clean up most of the messes they didn't get to.

• Upvote 1