You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Apr 16-18 2016)

tlw content

agbonlahor.jpg

The main event of the weekend was at Carrow road where Norwich took on Sunderland in the very definition of the old “six pointer”. Victory for Norwich would have gone a long towards securing their survival, but they got whalloped 3-0. They’re a point ahead of Sunderland now but the Mackems have a game in hand and a much better goal difference.

Newcastle are a point further back but have played the same number of games as Norwich. If I had to stick my neck out I’d say Sunderland will sneak out of it because they’ve done it before and that obviously helps. They’ve also got something neither Newcastle or Norwich have - a reliable goalscorer. Defoe is like Gilfi Sigurdsson, it feels like he scores every week.

Both clubs have been charged by the FA for a dust up on the touchline early in this game. I loved it, it was great. I was pissing myself when it happened as Fat Sam was trying to take on half the Norwich team and subs, it was ace. Usually I’d be the first one to slaughter Allardyce for any indiscretion, but I’d have defo done the same thing in his shoes. The impressive thing was it wasn’t an Alan Pardew “red mist” thing. Allardyce didn’t lose his cool, he just seemed to be enjoying himself and wanted to throw his not inconsiderable weight around.

Andre Wisdom has had a terrible season and doesn’t look to have any kind of a future with us. And yet we’ve seen the Klopp effect on so many other players, so you just never know. It does look like his career has gone backwards the last two years though, which is a shame as he looked boss as a teenager. He gave away a poor penalty for a late challenge on Borini, which set the Mackems on the way to three points.

No surprise that Fabio buried the pen, as it’s one of the few things he’s good at. Actually that’s unfair, because he’s fucking great at most things in April and May, it’s the rest of the year when he plays like a turd sandwich. He’s one a one man mission to save Sunderland again, he’s playing like a man possessed at the moment.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

• Upvote 2

I envy Spurs fans. Not because they're challenging for the title, but because Everton Fan TV isn't a patch on the Arsenal one. Imagine the fun we'd have if the Blues had something like that.

Just showed her the original "...course we will mate...we're fucked" one and even she's pissing herself.

Not in the same perfect bite-sized chunks, but assuming you've seen this from the other day?

[/size]

Much longer at fifteen minutes but it has some right gems in there.