You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (h)

Hand Shandy

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Sterling playing? They'll get him on Flanagan immediately.

I have to say it: Klopp is losing me. I just don't understand the point of these team selections anymore and his refusal to either play kids - look at the mancs, ffs - or even have them near the bench.

The same question: Where are the goals in this side? Though I'm happy to see Origi out there at least.

Is Sterling playing? They'll get him on Flanagan immediately.

I have to say it: Klopp is losing me. I just don't understand the point of these team selections anymore and his refusal to either play kids - look at the mancs, ffs - or even have them near the bench.

The same question: Where are the goals in this side? Though I'm happy to see Origi out there at least.

Good stuff.

I bet he's pissed off about it.

• Upvote 1

Klopp is losing you?

Yeah, if I'm honest. Maybe I'm just sick to vomiting over seeing Henderson, Lallana, et al. game in and game out and we're in 11th place in the fucking league and still putting out the same shite. We have lost a lot games and I honestly believed Klopp would have done a better job with the available players than he has. That's it.

• Upvote 1

Without us signing a striker where are the goals meant to come from though Dr J?

Benteke is shite, Origi is raw at best and Sturridge is pretty much permanently broken. 

Rodgers lost his job because he had assembled a goal less bunch of shite who seem barely capable of doing any of the basics and that's the same bunch of players we still have now. 

Klopp isn't above making mistakes obviously, but our League position is more on the previous regime than it is on him.

I know that, which is why I'm for shaking things up and getting some kids out there who really do want to impress. I'm not saying to sack Klopp but how much more does he have to see of these players to be convinced they really are shite?

I read on the Guardian game blog that Rodgers is at it again, saying that the owners believed that the squad was CL quality?! There is a tremendous dissonance at work here.

Anyway, did anyone really believe we'd be in this position/state when Klopp took over? I didn't.

I'm looking forward to this, or at least I was until I saw the team sheet. Like others on the thread I can't see the point in giving the unholy triumvirate of Milner, Henderson and Can another chance. Lucas out, Allen and Coutinho returning from injury limits his options I suppose. Would have liked to see Teixeira given a chance. Are both Stewart and Brannagan injured? 

Thought Lallana did well enough on Wembley to have a go tonight. Hopefully he can have an impact (I know...). I had actually hoped to see Benteke as well, think he's going to be well up for it after a prolonged stint on the sidelines.

Would be sweet to beat these to bounce back to a degree, and take some momentum into the cup games vs Utd.

Yeah, if I'm honest. Maybe I'm just sick to vomiting over seeing Henderson, Lallana, et al. game in and game out and we're in 11th place in the fucking league and still putting out the same shite. We have lost a lot games and I honestly believed Klopp would have done a better job with the available players than he has. That's it.

What players would those be ? The squad is full of mediocrity, square pegs in round holes and players with no self belief.

He gets a pass from me, wherever we finish. Judging him before he gets his own players out there is daft. If we're languishing around eleventh this time next year with a first XI predominantly made up of his own players, well, then doubt away.

This is going to take time, it was never going to be a quick fix.

I wasn't at all bothered about this til I realised how many places we've slipped - we could really do with the points!

Having said that I would really have preferred to have won Sunday if we could have choosen between the two!

Win one? I've been dying to lose both. Can't wait.