You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hidden gems who you think would improve us...

old skool tom

Just watching this Leverkusen - Monchengladbach game and there are a couple of young Germans that look the business.  First is Mahmoud Dahoud, only 19 and looking very solid in midfield for the home side.  Second, and maybe even better is Jonathan Tah, apparently also 19 but looks tremendously composed at right centre back, a position we could certainly do with upgrading.

Edit: and as I type Javier Hernandez scores a fantastic goal after some good play in the box with Kiessling.  And another Kiessling goal again as I type, this time a Hyypia-esque header.  But anyway, I know he has the United connection but depending on the price we could do worse than to bring in the little Mexican Sigourney Weaver lookalike.  Looking devastating in the Bundesliga, still just 27 and would be a great backup option for Sturridge and is very good off the bench for those times when Daniel is fit.

Dahoud has been outstanding since breaking into the starting XI. He's so composed on the ball and has great vision from midfield. Some of his assists this season have been world class

Speaking of Bundesliga players, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is someone I would go all out for. 20 year old Bayern midfielder on loan at Schalke. He's getting virtually no playing time there and I think Bayern will eventually let him go permanently. He's a force of nature, similar to Can but even better imo, physically stronger and better technically. His mentality is also top class. He's already an influential member of the Danish national team and was even asked to be a pundit on Danish tv for the 2014 World Cup at the age of 19. When he gets a permanent move somewhere else or a legit chance at Bayern he will be a star.

Speaking of Bundesliga players, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is someone I would go all out for. 20 year old Bayern midfielder on loan at Schalke. He's getting virtually no playing time there and I think Bayern will eventually let him go permanently. He's a force of nature, similar to Can but even better imo, physically stronger and better technically. His mentality is also top class. He's already an influential member of the Danish national team and was even asked to be a pundit on Danish tv for the 2014 World Cup at the age of 19. When he gets a permanent move somewhere else or a legit chance at Bayern he will be a star.

We'd better snap him up before Martin Tyler does.

It seems that the Grosskreutz thing is happening, on a free by all accounts.

Still only 28 I think, can play either wing or right back. Good experience, knows how Klopp works, seems a canny signing in the 'hidden gem' category.

Others we should consider:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giacomo_Bonaventura

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahbi_Khazri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffael_Caetano_de_Ara%C3%BAjo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granit_Xhaka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Promes

SMUG.

All look decent but dont like Italians at our club for some reason,not sure why!

Rafael at Moenchengladbach is not a regular starter and is frequently brought on to try to make things happen,which he often does. I wouldn't be surprised if he is unhappy and would be willing to make a move. That would be a shrewd deal along with Wendt and the GK Sommer. Although Wendt is 30 so would probably be off the radar.They wouldn't be too happy but they have a lot of good young talent at the club to replace leavers.

All look decent but dont like Italians at our club for some reason,not sure why!

Rafael at Moenchengladbach is not a regular starter and is frequently brought on to try to make things happen,which he often does. I wouldn't be surprised if he is unhappy and would be willing to make a move. That would be a shrewd deal along with Wendt and the GK Sommer. Although Wendt is 30 so would probably be off the radar.They wouldn't be too happy but they have a lot of good young talent at the club to replace leavers.

You're joking about Raffael right? He's been their main player since schubert took over. He's playing with confidence and everything that Gladbach do well is through him. He's been outstanding in the false 9 role for a few months now. To suggest he's unhappy and would want a move is ridiculous, as you've clearly taking this from him being on the bench on the weekend, and that's only down to the fact he's played pretty much every game this season

You're joking about Raffael right? He's been their main player since schubert took over. He's playing with confidence and everything that Gladbach do well is through him. He's been outstanding in the false 9 role for a few months now. To suggest he's unhappy and would want a move is ridiculous, as you've clearly taking this from him being on the bench on the weekend, and that's only down to the fact he's played pretty much every game this season

I am probably confusing the previous manager's use of him,Lucien Favre and overlooking how Schubert has used him since taking over quite recently. Maybe also thinking of last season more than this. I stand corrected.

He's not hidden and he's not a gem but he's got skill and balls. both absent from our midfield: Jonjo Shelvey. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Haha fucking hell. I can only assume you were impressed by the shooting of Henderson and Milner yesterday and want to watch more wildly speculative shots fly over your head.

• Upvote 2