You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

This. Put the same dickheads out in whatever team sheet he's already decided to put out per competition, witness back 4 calamity, observe front 4 waste opportunity after opportunity, sling on an Oxlade-Chamberlain or a Can with 15 to go and hope for the best. Rinse and repeat. Piece of piss, this "world class" manager lark.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what's happening every game and there seems to be no will to change anything whatsoever. At least switch to a back 3, or a 442 or do fucking SOMETHING to shake things up a bit. There's no point barring your teeth and throwing a tantrum in your technical area when you've overseen and orchestrated everything you've seen before you again and again.

In fucking one. We could play the Baresi led AC Milan back 4 at their peak and we'd still defend the same as we do now. This is all on the manager and until he tightens us up then its 6th place at best this season.

Right. Because there's no middle ground between thinking Klopp should be doing a better job with our defence and wanting Roy Fucking Hodgson in. None whatsoever.

Of course there is. We could get Fat Sam or bring Curbs out of retirement.

Ancelotti is also available but that's just more foreign muck.

Whatever the outcome is, I'm sure a change of manager will magically fix all of our problems like it has done before.

• Upvote 1

We are not going to get a better manager than Klopp under our current owners imo.

On Klopp I'd really hoped he'd be a lot more pragmatic and ruthless so far in his time here.

He's kept faith in players that just are not good enough.

(certainly not good enough if the ambition is to challenge for the league or do well in the champions league)

Another transfer window coming in January and the same faults are still in our team hopefully we can get a couple of signing's in to help us but the way our transfer business usually goes especially in January I wouldn't hold out much hope.

• Upvote 1

I think crossing is the biggest issue we have.

When we play the 433, Salah and Mane are not strikers, obviously, and our striker is often playing deep to allow them room to run into.

So our full backs don't deliver crosses into the box because often we don't have a striker in there, because he's deep.

Mane and Salah don't hit the byline and deliver crosses, or if they do it's because they've run out of options after having the ball for 10 seconds by which time the defence is ready for the cross.

You look at the crossing stats for Spurs, City and United.  All steaming ahead of us, and all in the top 5 in the league for crossing.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_cross

Our other big problem is movement/fitness.   City have played the most passes in the division and simultaneously the least long passes. IE, they have to move constantly to give and receive the ball.

Get rid of Klopp, bring in Eddie Howe, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Bring in Tuchel, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Nagelsman, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Simeone, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Pep, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. After all, we are Liverpool, we used to be brilliant and win loads of stuff and we should be winning stuff now because we used to brilliant an we are Liverpool. We are low on confidence, the team that people were saying on here may score 10 in a game are wasteful in front of goal and it's hurting us. We are creating chances, when we are creating fuck all, surely thats the time to worry, Rodgers last season, Hodgson, Rafas last few months, they were bad. The defense is a massive concern, Klopp doing nothing in the window to rectify it is a worry and people questioning him have every right to raise concern but some of the stuff being posted on the forum is beyond a joke. It is possible to be critical and still be constructive and respectful. Whilst on the subject of being constructive and respectful, I'd just like to say that Funnnneeee is a CUNT.

• Upvote 7

I find it interesting that Bayern haven't secured Nagelsmann yet.

Asked about the Bayern vacancy following Hoffenheim's 2-1 Europa League defeat at Ludogorets on Thursday, Nagelsmann told Sport 1 he was just concentrating on his side's upcoming game in the Bundesliga on Sunday.

"My only focus is on Freiburg," he said.

Hoffenheim sporting director Alexander Rosen remained bullish about his side's chances of holding onto their young coach.

"The chances [of losing Nagelsmann] are slim -- I can't even say how slim they are," Rosen told Sport 1. "I'd say I am annoyed by this topic, but that's not even true. It just bores me."

Get rid of Klopp, bring in Eddie Howe, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Bring in Tuchel, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Nagelsman, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Simeone, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Pep, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. After all, we are Liverpool, we used to be brilliant and win loads of stuff and we should be winning stuff now because we used to brilliant an we are Liverpool. We are low on confidence, the team that people were saying on here may score 10 in a game are wasteful in front of goal and it's hurting us. We are creating chances, when we are creating fuck all, surely thats the time to worry, Rodgers last season, Hodgson, Rafas last few months, they were bad. The defense is a massive concern, Klopp doing nothing in the window to rectify it is a worry and people questioning him have every right to raise concern but some of the stuff being posted on the forum is beyond a joke. It is possible to be critical and still be constructive and respectful. Whilst on the subject of being constructive and respectful, I'd just like to say that Funnnneeee is a CUNT.

Excellent post.

Get rid of Klopp, bring in Eddie Howe, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Bring in Tuchel, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Nagelsman, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Simeone, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. Then bring in Pep, when he doesn't win anything after 2 years, get rid of him. After all, we are Liverpool, we used to be brilliant and win loads of stuff and we should be winning stuff now because we used to brilliant an we are Liverpool. We are low on confidence, the team that people were saying on here may score 10 in a game are wasteful in front of goal and it's hurting us. We are creating chances, when we are creating fuck all, surely thats the time to worry, Rodgers last season, Hodgson, Rafas last few months, they were bad. The defense is a massive concern, Klopp doing nothing in the window to rectify it is a worry and people questioning him have every right to raise concern but some of the stuff being posted on the forum is beyond a joke. It is possible to be critical and still be constructive and respectful. Whilst on the subject of being constructive and respectful, I'd just like to say that Funnnneeee is a beacon of light in this, our dark ages.  I've seen many posters come and go here in my 2 months on these boards, but he's right up there, I'd follow him into battle anyday.

On a side note, I'd like to apologise to anyone I've offended needlessly, and you'll be glad to know that I am reducing the stress in my life and moving forward.  I think the key to this has been accepting that I've been trapped in the body of a man, but let's see how this plays out.  Baby steps. 

2 years is long enough to see an ideology start to take shape.

I've got no idea what we're doing.  It seems like we're trying to counter-attack against every team, even those who don't come out of their half.  

Is this it?  Where's the 'death by football'?   

80% of our games are against teams who want to sit deep from the first whistle.

• Upvote 1

2 years is long enough to see an ideology start to take shape.

I've got no idea what we're doing.  It seems like we're trying to counter-attack against every team, even those who don't come out of their half.  

Is this it?  Where's the 'death by football'?   

80% of our games are against teams who want to sit deep from the first whistle.

How did it take Shankly to get the club out of the 2nd Division again? Just over 3 years wasnt it? Fucking clown.

I think crossing is the biggest issue we have.

When we play the 433, Salah and Mane are not strikers, obviously, and our striker is often playing deep to allow them room to run into.

So our full backs don't deliver crosses into the box because often we don't have a striker in there, because he's deep.

Mane and Salah don't hit the byline and deliver crosses, or if they do it's because they've run out of options after having the ball for 10 seconds by which time the defence is ready for the cross.

You look at the crossing stats for Spurs, City and United.  All steaming ahead of us, and all in the top 5 in the league for crossing.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_cross

Our other big problem is movement/fitness.   City have played the most passes in the division and simultaneously the least long passes. IE, they have to move constantly to give and receive the ball.

Our biggest issue is our inability to defend as a team.

Lack of quality in crossing however is also a pretty big issue, as one of the easiest ways to create against teams defending deep is to put in quality crosses. And no, you don't need a big lump in there to score from them, best example being Salahs goal against Leicester.

We far too many players in our squad incapable of delivering good crosses on a regular basis. Henderson maybe the best example, his floating-it-high- towards-the back-post routine is as inefficient as it is predictable. TAA and to some degree Robertson seem far better that the rest, as does of course Coutinho. Moreno, Gomez, Wijnaldum and Can are all pretty weak at crossing.

• Upvote 1

This is a bit Kenny’s last season and Rodgers first where we create so many chances and convert hardly any, I think when it clicks again we’ll absolutely destroy someone, it’ll be a 5/6 niller but getting there is getting tedious.

The same shite every week, Klopps tactics on a whole are great, it’s the shite players and the fact that we concede on nearly every second shot on target and score one in about twenty created that’s the issue.

I don't think anyone wants Klopp out. I think we all expected more than what we've got now after 2 years and I think we'd all like to give him time to sort out the shitfest he's presiding over. But he needs to stop putting faith in players who clearly are incapable of playing effectively for Liverpool, and he needs to start doing something innovative, and soon, before we slide out of contention for top 4.

Broadly speaking I like Klopp's tactics. We dominate most games and create a lot of chances. At the moment we are not turning that into three points. Sometimes you have those runs, but if we keep going it will come.

Individual errors happen in football, but in our case we seem to have a fair few and at that point it becomes a quality issue. We need a better central defender than Lovren to partner Matip. Everyone knows this.

At the other end of the pitch we could probably do with a more clinical striker than Firmino, but on the other hand, I think there is much more to come from Mane, Firmino, Salah and Coutinho behind them. They haven't found their groove yet this season and I think it will come.

After that there are question marks over the goalkeeper, the left back, and the midfield, though Keita will help with this when he comes. Those things are down to personnel and not tactical, as such.

• Upvote 1

I take the point that. if we had good players, that our style of play would yield great results in theory. 

But the sheer scale of the number of players not good enough to play this system just seems to be an unrealistic obstacle to overcome. 

I can put some things aside, overlook flaws, for some players like Moreno, Matip, Milner, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Chamberlain, Solanke, Firmino, for example.  Not brilliant, but very athletic players with some good qualities if used correctly.

What I can't do is accept that we want to play this system, and then turn a blind eye to Lovren, Mignolet, Henderson, Clyne, Can, Sturridge.

You can make an argument that some work is underway to replace those players, like Keita for Can, Trent for Clyne, Ward or Grabbara for Mignolet, but in essence Klopp needs to go out and buy a spine of a team if he wants to change our fortunes. 

Only to dickheads who want a full sea change in under 2 years but what fucking ever. And it proves your complete lack of understanding of this club.

The only dickheads on here are you and the rest of the supes turning into hysterical fannies throwing tantrums whenever st Juergen or FSG have the slightest bit of criticism directed at them on here. I’m sick of you and the rest of the little mangina’s on here trying to make out like we’re some newly promoted team who needs time to settle into a new league with the big boys.

Comparing what klopp took over to what shankly had to deal with shows you up to be either clueless or are happy being some run of the mill club who can't deal with the slightest bit of pressure put on them.

I can’t wait for the other little fanny to start flouncing around with his desperate to be edgy comments saying bring Eddie Howe or some other none entity in, despite the fact no ones asked for klopp to be sacked just to maybe change it around.

The Liverpool way wasn’t to tolerate shite, it was to do your best at all times and win. You seem to have forgotten this when you turned yourself into a little housewife saying everythings fine despite what’s happening in front of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1