You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Current Players Under Klopp

Ginny

Allen's got more balls than the likes of Henderson - I think he'll do ok

Don't get me wrong I like Allen and hope he succeeds but I honestly can't see it. Based upon absolutely nothing but a gut feeling and the fact that I've seen him bottle open goals and the like while playing for us.

• Upvote 1

Pretty standard story requiring little or no imagination.

I'm sure he would love to bring a few of the players with him, but then again he was very close to Dortmund and their fans and he might not wish to be 'that guy' who steals fan favourites from a club he adored.

However, I'm excited about the possibility of Muller, Lewandowski or Gotze. Big transition about to happen at Bayern in the next 12 months when Guardiola leaves.

Out of this three onyl Gotze is one they maybe could sell. Muller is the "franshise" player and Lewa is a beast and they'd struggle to get a better player. 

Can Markovic be recalled?

I think this will benefit our players massively, currently only Dortmund and Hoffenheim have one, its pioneering / revolutionary tech but If/when we get one it wont be long before the others follow suite.

2mill + [use the screen money John] 

I reckon this could be a game changer for us and could have as much if not more an impact on english football to wider extent than say, when  Rafa brought us the 4-2-3-1 formation, it wasnt long before it was being used wide scale...

What do you thnk lads ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhAyX81zP2M

• Upvote 1

Will also be interesting to see if he calls the support out and asks for more volume....

He alluded to the support in his presser today and i can honestly see him having the balls to call us out when he is sitting in a silent ground with just the sneers of the away fans ringing in his ears.

I think when he talks about the support and the relationship with the fans he really means it rather than the usual cliched bullshit usually trotted out about it - what he had at Dortmund in that respect was truly special.

Would be brilliant if he did and interesting to see the reaction.

One way or another the atmosphere at Anfield needs to change it is fucking dreadful these days.

• Upvote 4

Pretty standard story requiring little or no imagination.

I'm sure he would love to bring a few of the players with him, but then again he was very close to Dortmund and their fans and he might not wish to be 'that guy' who steals fan favourites from a club he adored.

However, I'm excited about the possibility of Muller, Lewandowski or Gotze. Big transition about to happen at Bayern in the next 12 months when Guardiola leaves.

Getting a bit carried away there fella, he's Jurgen Klopp not Roman Abramovich.

My guess would be we'll sign some young players from the Bundesliga that anyone without footy manager hasn't heard of with the twist being they're actually good. Let's rape Schalke for a start.

I think this will benefit our players massively, currently only Dortmund and Hoffenheim have one, its pioneering / revolutionary tech but If/when we get one it wont be long before the others follow suite.

I reckon this could be a game changer for us and could have as much if not more an impact on english football to wider extent than say, when  Rafa brought us the 4-2-3-1 formation, it wasnt long before it was being used wide scale...

What do you thnk lads ?

It's like the modern version of the old 'sweatbox'.

What do you thnk lads ?

I think if it can make Screech Powers look like a competent footballer then it's probably a good investment.

Out of this three onyl Gotze is one they maybe could sell. Muller is the "franshise" player and Lewa is a beast and they'd struggle to get a better player.

Can Markovic be recalled?

Dave mentioned on the podcast that if a loan fee has been paid then you can't recall a player. Same with Llori.

• Upvote 1

I think Allen is quite a brave player, both physically in that he doesn't duck out of challenges against bigger players (ok that's most everyone) but mentally in that he's always willing to show for the ball no matter if hes under pressure, something Coutinho said he admired him for and learned from him.

Apart from the great Suarez inspired season, the best we've played recently has been under Kenny when he came back to replace Hodgson and we went on a great run culminating in a brutal dismantling of Fulham. That team was quite similar to how Klopp seems to want to play, based around 2 holding midfielders, Lucas and Spearing and 4 mobile attackers, Meireles, Kuyt, Maxi and Suarez. None of those front 4 were wide players as such and I reckon Ings, Sturridge, Benteke, Ibe and Origi have got the mobility at their best to fill three of those roles and there's plenty who could do what Meireles did.

Allen's got more balls than the likes of Henderson - I think he'll do ok

I still fail to see this.

We have missed Henderson big time and Joe Allen has featured in his absence,to little effect.

You really have a bee in your bonnet about Henderson,which is fine but Allen shows much less than Henderson anr even Rodgers thought so too.

• Upvote 3

I think a big difference now will be that our players will have less time to overthink their next move. The football that Klopp demands is way more instinctual and full on, and hopefully some of these players can blossom and really start to find some courage in the way they play.

• Upvote 2