You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24th August 2015 - Away to Arsenal

WhiskeyJar

It's tough to gauge how we should approach this game, either just go for the win or try and keep it tight, going for the draw or a narrow win.

I think the former on the basis that 4 points from our first 3 fixtures wouldn't have been a terrible return and, as we've already surpassed that, we can afford to lose this game so can be a bit more brave in our approach.

I'll be watching from behind the couch through the slits between my fingers.

That's how I used to watch The Incredible Hulk back in the day. Used to also try run away from the smell of my own farts. Good times.

As for the game, think it's time we went 4-3-1-2, and fuck their shit up.

Same back 4, even though I'd prefer Sakho.

Can, Henderson, Milner in midfield.

The Magician in the hole.

Benteke and Ings up top.

We have to go at these fuckers. If we sit back, they'll beat us.

We need to smother the middle. If they want to get down the wings and throw in crosses, I've confidence in our lads to deal with it. It's the Coutinho-esque balls through the middle that I'm worried about.

• Upvote 2

That's how I used to watch The Incredible Hulk back in the day. Used to also try run away from the smell of my own farts. Good times.

As for the game, think it's time we went 4-3-1-2, and fuck their shit up.

Same back 4, even though I'd prefer Sakho.

Can, Henderson, Milner in midfield.

The Magician in the hole.

Benteke and Ings up top.

We have to go at these fuckers. If we sit back, they'll beat us.

We need to smother the middle. If they want to get down the wings and throw in crosses, I've confidence in our lads to deal with it. It's the Coutinho-esque balls through the middle that I'm worried about.

Yeah, pretty much this, though I would play Hendo on the left side of the diamond and Milner on the opposite side, protecting our full backs. I'd also start Moreno, as otherwise we'd be lacking width on the left side.

-----------------------Mignolet-----------------------

Clyne----------Skrtel-----------Lovren------Moreno

-------------------------Can---------------------------

-----------Milner--------------------Henderson------

-----------------------Coutinho-----------------------

-------------Benteke--------------Ings---------------

If Hendo is out, drop Coutinho deeper, and play Lallana behind the strikers.

• Upvote 1

I'd just go ultra narrow like West Ham did and hit them on the break with the long ball to Benteke so he can lay it on for the three behind him. I'd like to see our players pressing non stop, we need to control their midfield.

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel Lovren Gomez

Milner Henderson

Lallana Firmino Coutinho

Benteke

• Upvote 2

I think we might sneak a win here... We should go two up top and apply pressure to their defence. Cech isn't the player he was, if we pull our shots on target a couple are bound to go in. Target their German bus with Ings or Firminho and keep the midfield compact. Anyone know if Henderson is fit for this one?

• Downvote 1

Mignolet

Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno

Can

Milner Coutinho

Firmino

Benteke Ings

My initial thought is that team would get annihilated but we have only won there once in 11 and if we lose we ll still have 2 points per game so why not go for it?

I think we ll be:

Mignolet

clyne

skrtel

lovren

gomez

can

milner

lallana

Coutinho

moreno

benteke

Go narrow, two up front or Firmino playing off Benteke, and the rest sitting back ready to counter. I like Can, but I'm not sure this is the type of game to play him as the deepest midfielder, particularly if he ends up trying to stop Sanchez.

If Benteke can get the better of Mertesacker in the air, or better yet drift onto the other CB and allow someone to run at the BFG then we could do well on the counter.

• Upvote 1

My initial thought is that team would get annihilated but we have only won there once in 11 and if we lose we ll still have 2 points per game so why not go for it?

I think we ll be:

Mignolet

clyne

skrtel

lovren

gomez

can

milner

lallana

Coutinho

moreno

benteke

Predictions if we play that team -

Coutinho has no-one to pass the ball to.

Moreno aims a lot of hoofs at Benteke. None of them are within 20 yards of him.

Milner will come off the pitch a stone lighter than he went on to it, having run 83 miles.

Someone will have to untie Lovren's legs at half time.

They beat us 2-0 having never got out of first gear.

I hope we come out with a bit of swagger. After all, they're the ones with the 'serious' title pretensions and will be feeling it a lot more than we will. No one expects us to turn them over there and the best recipe is to go right the fuck at them. An early goal for us and the place will go silent.

Losing won't kill us but winning might just make our season. Hope we're at it from the kickoff.