You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester City, March 1st 2015

lebron

25 pages when we beat the Champions, 54 pages when we lose to Besiktas.

Fuck sake lads.

Yeah, and half those 54 pages are people complaining about the people complaining about going out of Europe with a shit effort in the second half.

• Upvote 4

I think he's like Wenger... he believes City have a style of play, and that it'll win most times. That's true, it will, against the lesser teams. He doesn't seem to want to adapt to the opposition. It's not a lack of respect for the opposition, but it's a stubborn / overly confident attitude in your own team.

This is where Mourinho wins out, because he'll adapt to who he's playing. Wenger and Pellegrini seem to carry on regardless.

The game is full of opinions of course, and ask another City fan and you'll get a different answer, but I'd say we've overdone the flair and underdone the grit. I doubt he'll get another season to correct that. If he does, it'll most likely be through a lack of available managers. Unless a minor miracle occurs, and City still manage to win something,  then it's only a matter of time before they go for a new manager.

Simeone's the current flavour of the month, but I'm not sure his temperament is one they want. I'd imagine they'd want Guardiola, Ancelloti and Klopp (in that order). Only Klopp's realistic and his stock's gone down recently.

I kid you not, I can see City finishing 3rd or 4th.

As for Dzeko, he's not been great for a while, and most would choose Bony over him. Since Bony's arrived though, he's starting putting in some effort! Bony's not had any playing time to make any sort of judgment.

Our midfield is designed to have possession, not regain it. All in all, it's no better than average and gets found out against decent sides.

understand how you feel mate, but thoughts of changing your manager is ludicrous. league champs , second in the league, loads of games left.. if you win all your games, we beat maureens mob, you will finish top or second, we will finish third and win the cup.. keep the faith .... 

We were just so fucking good out there on the pitch today. It was like a return to the crazy bandoleros stuff we were serving up week in week out, last season. I really feel the team spirit when we score, every single player joins in the celebrations, when the ref is being a prick, Hendo gives him a respectful talking to, Can is a real presence, Miglet is much better. Fuck it, we didn't even have Ibe out there today and Sturridge came on late.

We were awesome in almost every aspect of the game and we totally did them today. Of course they had some shots on goal and some near misses, but you expect that when you look at the fortune they have spent. We were just way too much for them. We wanted it more, we were first to the ball more often, and we didn't go into a shell or pussy out of the job when they got back on level terms. And 2 wonderful goals showing the highest level of technique and skill to cap it all off. 

You have to give credit to the manager. He's got his league mojo working and I like the cut of his jib. Bravo Brendan !

• Upvote 3

Teams that come to play football will get their holes handed to them. City Spurs Arsenal (as one sided a 2-2 draw as you'll see) all incapable of parking the bus and we steamroll them but in doing so leave ourselves open also so you get high scoring exciting games.

we havent been able to do that in europe because few if any teams just go for it away from home. The most european team in the league are the team we have the biggest problem with, chelsea.

As I said before I d fancy us to beat any team if they come to anfield and have a go but if burnley come in midweek and are well organised and hard to break down they ll give us a harder game than spurs arsenal or city.

love liverpool and city games though. Game of the season every year.

No African stars! Because when Liverpool have a player tearing it up in the African Cup of Nations, his absence for all of January will be the only reason we can't win the league. The rage in the Brendan Rodgers thread at his folly will be of Biblical proportions