You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester City, March 1st 2015

lebron

Guest davelfc

What a game that was. Pulsating, end to end stull and wonderful strikes. What more could you ask for?

Hasnt taken long for city to find a gobshite element in their fans. Chants of 'We nearly won the league' and 'One greedy bastard' have such a wonderful irony and funny as fuck in the end to see it bite them on the bum.

They were giving the 'We nearly won the league' large before henderson's wonderful strike rammed the words back down their throats that they suddenly lost their voice. They didnt find it again until dzeko equalised when once again, they decided 'We nearly won the league' was funny.

Funny thing is, after Coutinho's wonder strike they will probably be able to sing it about their own team at te end of the season as the defeat today must surely have hammered in a couple of nails in their coffin and made chelsea even firmer favourites for the title.

Much concerned about the effects of thursday's disappointment and extra time were quickly dispelled when Liverpool started the brighter.

I think it is a bit unfair to call out City fans mate for this mate, considering some of the shit away support I've seen at Anfield in recent seasons. I honestly thought they are a fanbase who sing much more amount about their own team rather than us.

Their songs for Yaya and Pablo Zabaletta were loud and good - although they nicked our tune for the Zabaletta song (at least that's how I see it).

I have always found the City fans funny (anyone remember 'Alan Ball is a football genius' when they were 6-0 down here) and supportive of their team. I am sure there are examples of shit stuff - but like I say I don't it see it that way.

Deserved win for Liverpool. Two world class goals might look like they won the day, but in truth, workrate and desire won out.

Liverpool worked harder and outplayed City. 

Disappointed in City today, but can't argue with the result.

What your thoughts on "Pellers" now?

His subs did not have an impact today and brining Dzeko off was a turning point for me. Although I have not seen you play that much, playing a 4-5-1 made you played worse than a 4-4-2.

What your thoughts on "Pellers" now?

His subs did not have an impact today and brining Dzeko off was a turning point for me. Although I have not seen you play that much, playing a 4-5-1 made you played worse than a 4-4-2.

I think he's like Wenger... he believes City have a style of play, and that it'll win most times. That's true, it will, against the lesser teams. He doesn't seem to want to adapt to the opposition. It's not a lack of respect for the opposition, but it's a stubborn / overly confident attitude in your own team.

This is where Mourinho wins out, because he'll adapt to who he's playing. Wenger and Pellegrini seem to carry on regardless.

The game is full of opinions of course, and ask another City fan and you'll get a different answer, but I'd say we've overdone the flair and underdone the grit. I doubt he'll get another season to correct that. If he does, it'll most likely be through a lack of available managers. Unless a minor miracle occurs, and City still manage to win something,  then it's only a matter of time before they go for a new manager.

Simeone's the current flavour of the month, but I'm not sure his temperament is one they want. I'd imagine they'd want Guardiola, Ancelloti and Klopp (in that order). Only Klopp's realistic and his stock's gone down recently.

I kid you not, I can see City finishing 3rd or 4th.

As for Dzeko, he's not been great for a while, and most would choose Bony over him. Since Bony's arrived though, he's starting putting in some effort! Bony's not had any playing time to make any sort of judgment.

Our midfield is designed to have possession, not regain it. All in all, it's no better than average and gets found out against decent sides.

• Upvote 1

I think he's like Wenger... he believes City have a style of play, and that it'll win most times. That's true, it will, against the lesser teams. He doesn't seem to want to adapt to the opposition. It's not a lack of respect for the opposition, but it's a stubborn / overly confident attitude in your own team.

This is where Mourinho wins out, because he'll adapt to who he's playing. Wenger and Pellegrini seem to carry on regardless.

The game is full of opinions of course, and ask another City fan and you'll get a different answer, but I'd say we've overdone the flair and underdone the grit. I doubt he'll get another season to correct that. If he does, it'll most likely be through a lack of available managers. Unless a minor miracle occurs, and City still manage to win something,  then it's only a matter of time before they go for a new manager.

Simeone's the current flavour of the month, but I'm not sure his temperament is one they want. I'd imagine they'd want Guardiola, Ancelloti and Klopp (in that order). Only Klopp's realistic and his stock's gone down recently.

I kid you not, I can see City finishing 3rd or 4th.

Call me clairvoyant but I see them finishing second

Call me clairvoyant but I see them finishing second

They must be feeling the pressure now and if Chelsea does pull away with a 8 point gap whilst exiting the Champions League, some heads are bound to drop. United are 5 points behind them and we are looking to catch United.

Looking at their fixtures they still have to play United, Sprus and Southampton.

It might not be smooth sailing if they start calling for Pellegrinis head and the squad is low on confidence. 

Wed 04 March 2015 19:45 GMT H Leicester City
Sat 14 March 2015 17:30 GMT A Burnley
Wed 18 March 2015 19:45 GMT A FC Barcelona
Sat 21 March 2015 12:45 GMT H West Brom Barclays
Mon 06 April 2015 20:00 BST A Crystal Palace
Sun 12 April 2015 16:00 BST A Manchester United
Sun 19 April 2015 13:30 BST H West Ham United
Sat 25 April 2015 17:30 BST H Aston Villa
Sat 02 May 2015 15:00 BST A Spurs
Sat 09 May 2015 15:00 BST H QPR
Sat 16 May 2015 15:00 BST A Swansea City

Sun 24 May 2015 15:00 BST H Southampton 

25 pages when we beat the Champions, 54 pages when we lose to Besiktas.

Fuck sake lads.

Hope

this

helps

mate.

• Upvote 3

Well who saw that coming at 8pm on Thursday?

A really enjoyable game and a terrific performance on the whole.

Markovic was poor but everyone else was at least good, and Coutinho and Allen were both fantastic.

City are obviously a good side, but other than the goal and Migs hesitation when Aguero hit the post, they hardly caused us any problems and resorted to a lot of hopeful balls up top.

If we could've been a bit more clinical the game could've been wrapped up early, but given my expectations before the match that is a fantastic result.

• Upvote 1

Was looking ominous when we got jittery passing the ball at the back and our Belgian shot stopper had an involuntary anal spasm, but we regrouped and won fairly comfortably. Some great performances today, especially given the midweek workout. Really chuffed with the performance and the result.