You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

Just thought on, we should get you a WELCOME TO GOODISON, HOME OF EVERTON FC sticker to put on your colostomy bag.

It's 5 am and I've just woken up feeling like my kidneys have been hammered by Mike Tyson. It's not unbearable but I'm going for the extra morphine anyway. I'm going back through the thread to take my mind off it...it works, trust me. I've just noticed this little gem....rep will be on  its way.

I never did anything Steve lad and I'm pretty sure Cev and Alex will say the same thing mate.

All we did was get to spend a moment in time with a fantastic man who is an inspiration for all when it comes to living your life. Truly significant moment in my life and one I am not ashamed to admit brought tears of joy to my eyes to see the photos of our first outing!

It isn't often that I am allowed to bring the Bill Hicks impressions out or decorate Sydney in swathes of LFC flags and scarves but it was important for me personally to visit you and I will keep coming if you can handle it!

I didn't do it for the kudos, it is nice people think such things of me and I'm humbled by their words but it was just being there for a fellow red when they need it most.

I am extremely proud to be a Scouser... or a sock robber depending on the geographic boundaries of purple bindom, because we are different.

The rest of the world can say what they want about us and think whatever makes them feel better about their own mundane lifestyles, but when you are a Red there is a certain element of social responsibility that goes with it.

The history and tradition of our club as well as our people is something I am a fierce and loyal protector of, but what makes me even prouder is when I meet people from all walks of life who are not from Liverpool but share the same passion and zest for everything Red related. They are just as important a piece of fabric of this club as much as the regular match goers. And we were lucky enough to meet one of those.

I'm glad that those scousers way back when talked you into coming to Liverpool for a bevvie instead of Manchester because we gained another one of us that day. Brilliant story which filled me with pride.

Whatever. Wherever. Whenever Steve mate. I am only a phone call or text away and that is an offer any of us on this forum would make I'm sure if the lads and lasses back home were in a position to do it.

You are right mate, You'll Never Walk Alone means exactly that. I blether like a wee bairn everytime I hear it because it holds such a significant place in my heart with all the memories of places and people that I have had the pleasure to visit and meet and it comes with the words.

It is a way of life but you Steve have taught us that life and the way you live it can be inspiring an motivational merely through your outlook and the actions which follow.

God bless and You Will Never Walk Alone. Ever.

This is what I was looking for, and I've put it in a quote so we can all enjoy it again. It's just such an inspired piece of writing. Mate, if the Bill Hicks impression thing doesn't work out you can always write for an advertising firm.Of all the posts in the GF this sums it all up about what it's like to belong to the greatest club of all. The sheer passion of it just jumps out of the laptop screen and right now it's throwing right hooks and straight lefts at the pain. All gone...and the nurses are probably wondering why I'm grinning like a loon when I'm asking for morphine. The pics did that.....should bottle the passion and announce a cure for cancer.

While I'm at it, this is ALWAYS worth a replay too.  It never fails to bring a tear, but it's a tear of happiness and now chest bursting pride

I'll never be afraid of the dark and I'll never walk alone and no one else ever needs to either.

A quick edit to add, Kevin is just as passionate about the club in person. Look forward to seeing you again and you can tell me more about the history of the club  mate.

• Upvote 1

It's 5 am and I've just woken up feeling like my kidneys have been hammered by Mike Tyson. It's not unbearable but I'm going for the extra morphine anyway. I'm going back through the thread to take my mind off it...it works, trust me. I've just noticed this little gem....rep will be on  its way.

You watched the game then mate?

Fuck, there's me wishing I was dead half the time, and at the same time shitting myself about dying. And there's you, thousands of miles away, knowing your going, hating the idea of it, but living everyday to the absolute limit!

The next time I feel down, I'm coming back to this thread, it always seems to remind me what living is all about!

You're a legend mate, it can't be said often enough!

• Upvote 3

Merry Christmas to you Steve! I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Great thread. There's a lot of love on here. 

Sure is Padre.You'll be no doubt pleased to know that the friend who has helped me the most over the last year of this foul disease is a devoted Christian, Church of England type. I've been friends with Paul for about 5 years now. We're an unlikely pair of friends...I'm a blaspheming atheist and he's a Christian! He forgives me for the blasphemy BTW. He's never tried to convert me, but we do occasionally talk about religion when we talk, and we have some great discussions about politics and history. Now that I'm in the hospice he visits every second day or so, shopping for essentials and bringing me stuff from home. It's a great comfort to know that i have a line of communication to the Boss Upstairs if I feel I need it.

I wish there were more Christians like Paul. I really respect the guy for the way he lives his faith according to the original tenets of Jesus, although he's not afraid to question the Churches if his ethics don't agree.

• Upvote 2

I gave Steve a call this morning to wish him a Happy Christmas.

I don't know why but I assumed he was an expat so the accent threw me a little but he's a top bloke and had me in stitches laughing. I don't want to steal Steve's thunder but I'm sure he won't mind me saying he's had a great day, had lots of visitors, a massive lunch and a few beers. He also spoke a lot about his day out with the overseas branch of TSOP and how his face hurt with laughter.

Steve, you are a legend mate. And speaking to you this morning made my Christmas.

Have a perv at the lovely asian nurse that transferred the call for me, she sounded top totty.

it overlooks Shark Island in Sydney Harbour.

There's an island in Sydney Harbour called "Shark Island"?

Come on in, the water's beautiful...

"You knew.  But you let people go swimming anyway..."

"Pippit!"

"Pippit!"

"Pippit?"

I'd like to take a moment  to remember Carly and Col. Thanks to Col, we were able to walk with Carly, and if Col hadn't written about Carly's journey I possibly would not not have written either

.I felt then and now, greatly privileged to have been able walk part of the way with Carly. We both had bowel cancer so I identified with her quite a bit and Carly's courage helped and inspired me.

• Upvote 12

Guest Pistonbroke

This thread always reminds me of the Jose Maria Olazabal quote.

"All men die, but not all men live. And today you made me feel alive again".

It's a quote I use often, every time the missus whines about me getting drunk again! 

If I could afford it i would travel to OZ and take Steve on a deep sea fishing trip with a few hired beauties to take our minds off catching fuck all. 

I went to see Ste again yesterday.

When I first got there Ste warned me that he had had a bit of a rough night. I told him to just tell me to fuck off anytime, I wouldn't be offended in the slightest. I also told him to stop blagging about the threesomes with the nurses he is having which have been causing all this lost sleep.

Anyway two and a half hours later I was still there and it is just such an honour to be able to spend this time with him because I am learning so much, not just about Ste and the life he has lived but a lot about myself as well.

Time just seemed to wizz by and I've got to say, the more he and I talk the more we share so many common interests.

This visit I thought I would take in a few books for him. I didn't really know if reading books is high on the priority list when time is of the essence but I took down Shanks' autobiography and a couple of books from Nicky Alt, Tony Barrett and a few others (Boys of the Mersey, Here we go gathering cups again in May) and I just know he would have started flicking through them last night.

I also took down a few more LFC decorations for his ward. There are three more patients in the ward with him and I met all their families who asked if I am the one responsible for all the red stuff everywhere...

Sheepishly I admitted it was I but they love it! One Chinese lady whose fella is in there asked how we got on this morning against Burnley and another took a real interest in YNWA and wanted to chat about what that means to us.

I got to meet some of the incredible nurses that are looking after him and they hold the man in such high regard which I couldn't help but be swelled with pride. I have started taking photos of the nurses after a bit of cajoling and they now want me to come back and snap them all... I am only too happy to oblige a nurses demands!!

After raiding his fridge and pocketing a few beers we headed out back down to the garden to spend some time with Green Jesus. On the way down there, there are all these statues of various religious icons. Ste and I have made it our own personal quest to dress every single one of these up and get involved in our photo collection.

We talked about many things. The man has blown me away with his ability to build things with his bare hands. For example he built a 1980's steel frame bike from scratch collecting spare parts wherever and whenever he could find the components. I am in awe of folks who can put shit together like that but he is so nonchalent about it all and says "anyone can do it." Erm no Steven not everyone can do it or we would all be riding around on 1980's steel frame bikes!!!

We talked about our respective love of military history, our own family history's and of course I told a few bad jokes as is my want!!

We watched a bee being attacked by a colony of ants and marvelled at the way they worked as a team and rallied as a community.... Sounds familiar....

Ste was lamenting that we couldn't capture it until I whipped out the video phone. It actually captured some of our conversation as well which I will cherish, especially cracking bad jokes about Sting etc... Funniest shit ever!!

We were in the lift and this Filipino lady gets in. I just started talking French to her and she is just politely nodding away. Ste asks me "How did you know she speaks French?!" I replied "She doesn't!!" The girl just starts laughing away admitting she doesn't understand a single word when this Swedish bird gets in. Jesus H Christ!!

I started the same patter with her and she is laughing away and asks if we know any Swedish. "Oh aye!" Ste and I say, plenty... IKEA, meatballs, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is shit, ABBA, loads of stuff. Anyways we hated to see her leave but we loved to watch her go...

I have a load of photos to post but don't have this Tapatalk thing at the mo. Perhaps if I send them to our Stew (Furmedge) he might be able to do it for me.

I am so in awe of the man and I want him to record his story so we are getting a dictaphone in and I will type up whatever he has to say so we can share it with everyone.

We have been plotting a few getaways using Baldrick as our inspiration devising some "cunning plans." Stay tuned for more adventures shortly.

Yet again Steven thank you mate. I am humbled in your presence and inspired all at the same time.

YNWA. Until we meet again my man.

• Upvote 18

Guest Pistonbroke

That post just made me feel all warm inside. It's a real class thing that in such a situation great friendships are formed and good times are had, I'd love to be a part of it, and this has fuck all to do with Swedish birds with nice arses. Keep the posts coming lads, this thread is worthy of a book, one which would be comforting to people from all walks of life and different situations. humbling, funny and what we as a brethren are all about. 

That post just made me feel all warm inside. It's a real class thing that in such a situation great friendships are formed and good times are had, I'd love to be a part of it, and this has fuck all to do with Swedish birds with nice arses. Keep the posts coming lads, this thread is worthy of a book, one which would be comforting to people from all walks of life and different situations. humbling, funny and what we as a brethren are all about. 

You are a part of it mate. So is everyone else from the GF. You'll never walk alone and neither will I now.That makes me feel fucking wonderful.. .

All of you walk with me, but at some stage I have to take a different path.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

You are a part of it mate. So is everyone else from the GF. You'll never walk alone and neither will I now.That makes me feel fucking wonderful.. .

All of you walk with me, but at some stage I have to take a different path.

It'll be a good path mate, plenty more reds to meet on the way, and dare I say plenty more big titted nice arsed Swedish women. I do hope you are planning something special for New Years eve? 

It'll be a good path mate, plenty more reds to meet on the way, and dare I say plenty more big titted nice arsed Swedish women. I do hope you are planning something special for New Years eve? 

Veuve Cliquot and weed.:D If that doesn't score me a nurse then I'll have to find the drug cabinet and rat through it till I find the rohypnol.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Veuve Cliquot and weed. :D If that doesn't score me a nurse then I'll have to find the drug cabinet and rat through it till I find the rohypnol.

Sounds like a plan mate, and if it fails you'll still be on a high!