You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

You up for a visit tomorrow about 5 mate? Will bring the missus and a couple of franziskaners.

Sounds good! I don't have any other visitors Sunday so yeah come on and I'd love to meet the family too. There's a good gelato and icecream shop just down in Victoria St, highly recommended by St. Vincent's staff.You can bribe them with gelato. It is a bit exxy but worth it, the flavour is quite intense.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hope the sun is shining again today Steve.

It's grey as fuck here but your posts brighten the day.

Yeah, just gone 10am over here and it is that overcast and dull outside I have the lights on. At least it has stopped raining, we had 6 days solid of rain or heavy drizzle, the local park looks like a quagmire. 

Sounds good! I don't have any other visitors Sunday so yeah come on and I'd love to meet the family too. There's a good gelato and icecream shop just down in Victoria St, highly recommended by St. Vincent's staff.You can bribe them with gelato. It is a bit exxy but worth it, the flavour is quite intense.

Sound mate, will you be up to a visit to the gelato shop or do you want us to bring it in?

Sound mate, will you be up to a visit to the gelato shop or do you want us to bring it in?

I can get there in a wheelchair. I can get to the Green Park Hotel too...we're old friends from when I was in here 30 years ago. : I won't go for a drink though. I seem to have lost the taste for beer. It still tastes OK but I just don't feel like drinking much. Gelato would be ace.

The gelato shop is called "Messina" and the good food guide voted it best gelato in Australia. I scoop $4, 2 scoops $6, 3 scoops $7. They have some amazing flavours and it's all natural.

• Upvote 1

Hope the sun is shining again today Steve.

It's grey as fuck here but your posts brighten the day.

We're doing well with the weather Col. It's warm and sunny most days. There's a great garden here and I's a quiet and peaceful place to relax.

• Upvote 1

I can get there in a wheelchair. I can get to the Green Park Hotel too...we're old friends from when I was in here 30 years ago. : I won't go for a drink though. I seem to have lost the taste for beer. It still tastes OK but I just don't feel like drinking much. Gelato would be ace.

The gelato shop is called "Messina" and the good food guide voted it best gelato in Australia. I scoop $4, 2 scoops $6, 3 scoops $7. They have some amazing flavours and it's all natural.

Righto, we'll hit the gelateria mañana then

Steve, I've had a word with our glorious leader and he's going to restore your powers on here so you can rep with impunity

Thanks Cath, I  have plenty to catch up on. meanwhile, I can hear Messina's calling my name...."Steve, Steve, gelato, gelato..." Like one of those mermaids calling me to my icecream doom.

I've read this thread from start to finish and just never had the bollocks to post anything as with situations like this I usually put my foot in it Steve, with something stupid like "all the best then" or "get well soon old boy" but it's almost like you've inadvertently said those things to me.

Yes I may be fit and healthy at the.minute and married with three wonderful children yet I feel like reading these posts Steve that it's us in role reversal, you are a real inspiration and I know that none of this makes any sense but you are top bloke steve and I hope you have a fabulous Christmas fantasising about nurses and pissing yourself!

• Upvote 1

Some heartwarming, inspirational stuff on this thread. I've been suffering from anxiety this past year partly caused by a cancer scare, because when you're in your 20s you feel immortal. Your life seems to stay the same all the time, you go out at the weekend with the same mates, your parents are still relatively young, your friends are all healthy, then something shakes you up and makes you realise you're actually going to die.

The doctor just said to me once 'we're all going to die, there's nothing we can do about it', and I suppose that's the ultimate truth. It's something we don't think about, but that's the truth.

As my anxiety started to lift I just had an epiphany that worrying about death and worrying about illness is no life at all, so I've just tried to stop. As Bruce Lee's dad says in Dragon The Bruce Lee story:

"We all have inner demons to fight, we call them fear and hatred and anger, if you don't conquer them then a life of a hundred years is a tragedy, if you do then a life of a single day can be a triumph."

It sounds like you're in the latter camp Steve. You're a legend brother.

Somebody once said 'A life lived in fear is a life half lived.'

Seems appropriate.

• Upvote 1