You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

Fiver on the way.

Much though I like the idea of the shit storm, the world tour appeals, especially since it would be coming to my part of the world.

I also think it would be nice just have TLW in small font somewhere, just to add to the crypticness of it.

A nice tribute to an inspirational guy, I just hope he got at least one grope in on that physio

Hiya everyone.

We had a bit of a send off for the main man yesterday. Cev and I stayed until the end and I only realised when I got home nudging midnight three sheets that it was only a Monday.... Ouch...

The service was a pretty simple affair. Only two of Ste's relatives were there, his aunts, a couple of his mates and obviously Cev, me and the GF.

We organised some flowers from everyone so I got him a nice wreath in red and white flowers and I wrote on the card YNWA Ste Gandy, Love from The Liverpool Way forum.

I organised some music for the service.

The Wrestler (Bruce Springsteen)

With a little help from my friends (Joe Cocker)

Only the good die young (Billy Joel)

Have a little faith in me (Joe Cocker)

You'll Never Walk Alone

Everyone that was there seemed to think the music was appropriate for Gandyji.

We got to meet his aunts who told us just what a larrikin Ste had always been. They reinforced just how intelligent the man was and he always walked to the beat of his own drum.

Melanie, a girl from another forum Ste frequented (Wooden Boat Forum) flew up from Melbourne to pay her respects and told stories of a shit stirrer, a political activist, a lover of botany and just what an incredibly caring man Ste was when she lost her husband last year for the support he gave her and her two children.

I got up and said a few words about what Ste had meant to us and then I read Ste's post about how he became a Liverpool supporter which he put up on this thread.

Cev and I went for a few sherbets with Frank, Monica and Morris who Ste used to work with.

Frank is Ste's best mate who told us stories of his love of fishing as well as some of their kayaking adventures together.

Frank told us of Ste's high regard for everyone on the forum and how appreciative he was for all your kindness and generosity.

I had printed off a lot of photos from all of our adventures which I will make a book of and give to Frank with a copy of the thread so he can read the entire story.

I thanked the hospice, the nurses and the doctors for the amazing support that they provided Ste and how appreciative we all are for the level of care they provided when he needed it the most.

I thanked Paul who spent the last few months doing Ste's laundry and odd jobs and we will stay in touch as well.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed, encouraged, laughed, cried, offered support, written, called, whatever you did.

Thank you.

What you have shown is humanity at its greatest.

Life can be a quality experience.

When people believe in something so much, the momentum and inspiration knows no boundaries.

• Upvote 41

There will never be the words to express the gratitude and admiration I'm sure myself and others have for the conduct and behaviour of you wonderful people over there who were able to be there. The thing is, we knew you'd be as amazing as you have been, and i suppose I just wanted to say how very much you have done us all proud. (Yet i know that sounds incredibly lame)

Much love to you all. x 

• Upvote 3

Proof that people can still be humans. well done all particularly those that went.

Pissing myself this morning reading the following: "to pay her respects and told stories of a shit stirrer, a political activist, a lover of botany and just what an incredibly caring man Ste was"

I've also just googled 'Larrikin'. What a guy

Proof that people can still be humans. well done all particularly those that went.

Pissing myself this morning reading the following: "to pay her respects and told stories of a shit stirrer, a political activist, a lover of botany and just what an incredibly caring man Ste was"

I've also just googled 'Larrikin'. What a guy

He actually told me about this other forum when we were down by Green Jesus once.

Apparently there was a thread on there that was about Australian politics. This was one of Ste's topics of keen interest which was confirmed by Frank telling us the story of how Ste took on the Australian Government and won some money of them as well as for some others.

So there was one particular guy that Ste had an issue with who was of another political persuasion and would antagonise the shit out of him.

This had been going on for a few years and had other forum members banned from getting too involved. Hilarious shit!

Melanie told me the exact same story yeaterday. She was banned. Haha

• Upvote 1

Don't ever doubt that, Stig

I've also just googled 'Larrikin'. What a guyl

You are not the only one!

I remain absloutely bewildered by the lack of family support for Steve in his last days. We have no way of knowing what happened in the past but from everything we have heard their estrangement from him is clearly their loss.

In this case blood was most definitely not thicker than water. You, our Australian comrades, have been absolute heroes from start to finish. I salute you all.

I am sure people will be more than happy to use part of the collection to cover any of your costs for Steve's funeral.

And we all gone on the better for having known him.

Right, there's work to do. Where are we up to with this banner?

• Upvote 1

I remain absloutely bewildered by the lack of family support for Steve in his last days. We have no way of knowing what happened in the past but from everything we have heard their estrangement from him is clearly their loss.

In this case blood was most definitely not thicker than water. You, our Australian comrades, have been absolute heroes from start to finish. I salute you all.

I am sure people will be more than happy to use part of the collection to cover any of your costs for Steve's funeral.

And we all gone on the better for having known him.

Right, there's work to do. Where are we up to with this banner?

You cannot choose your family but you can your friends.

• Upvote 1