You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

It is. But it suggests that there's value and quality to be found at big clubs. Not so much at mediocre Premier League sides...

Yeah, fair point, though I convinced myself that we were taking that sensible approach by going for Balotelli rather than Bony in August. And to be fair, there's no guarantee Bony would be anywhere as effective with us as he has been with Swansea.

The point made about Rodgers making statement with team selections is a big worry.

You can imagine the converstaion-

BR- Hi John, need 10m for a new keeper

JH- Uhhhh....you only just bought one- he seems ok?

BR- No, he's shit John

JH- Okkkkkk.....but you bought him?

BR- I know. Thats irrelevant...he's shit. We need a new keeper John.

JH- Maybe give it some time, work hard in training he will improve? 10m is a lot of money. Would we sell Mignolet to make up for it?

BR- No, he's shit John. No-one will buy him. Are you gonna give me the money or not?  

JH- Give it a few weeks, maybe we'll look at it then

BR- ..............hangs up

BR- "I'll show the American twat, we'll lose a few on the nod by 3 or 4 with Jonesy in goal, publicly slate Mignolet, that will get him to give me the money" 

JH- "The front of the guy, wants us to spend 10million pounds to cover him for the 10 million pound error he made....what was the name of that goofy looking german guy again?"    

• Upvote 2

The point made about Rodgers making statement with team selections is a big worry.

You can imagine the converstaion-

BR- Hi John, need 10m for a new keeper

JH- Uhhhh....you only just bought one- he seems ok?

BR- No, he's shit John

JH- Okkkkkk.....but you bought him?

BR- I know. Thats irrelevant...he's shit. We need a new keeper John.

JH- Maybe give it some time, work hard in training he will improve? 10m is a lot of money. Would we sell Mignolet to make up for it?

BR- No, he's shit John. No-one will buy him. Are you gonna give me the money or not?  

JH- Give it a few weeks, maybe we'll look at it then

BR- ..............hangs up

BR- "I'll show the American twat, we'll lose a few on the nod by 3 or 4 with Jonesy in goal, publicly slate Mignolet, that will get him to give me the money" 

JH- "The front of the guy, wants us to spend 10million pounds to cover him for the 10 million pound error he made....what was the name of that goofy looking german guy again?"    

I suspect that Henry was on the phone to Rodgers weeks ago to say that the goal-minder you convinced me was good is in fact shit and to play the other fucker for a while.

Guest davelfc

isn't he just hours away from Being sacked?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-close-napoli-sack-4821055

Rafa Benitez is close to the sack at Napoli, according to reports in Italy this morning.

Owner Aurelio De Laurentiis went into the team dressing room to criticise the players after Sunday night's 2-0 defeat to Milan.

After failing to qualify for the Champions League, Napoli are down in joint sixth place in Serie A.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims today that "the probabilities that Benitez will stay are close to zero".

Surely FSG will be more than wary of going back to a former hero (in some eyes)? 

I think they'll be wary of giving Rodgers any more transfer funds, but will also accept that January's hardly a great window for investment anyway, so might as well see if he can turn it around in the second half of the season.

If he manages to salvage top 6, I think they'll look at who is available, and if there's a top manager will to come, they'll sack Rodgers, but otherwise, they'll stick with him.

If Liverpool are still mid-table though, I think they'll sack him regardless, since by that point, you'll have lost a lot more games and the discontent will be huge. Then they'll just take their chances with a 'change' instead of a definitely upgrade in manager.

I'm not sure how much money would be available to a new manager though. It can't be all that much, surely? They must be quite despondent about transfers when the majority haven't worked out. It's not even a 50/50 hit/miss ratio - which will concern them no end.

As an outsider, I think many would like to see Rafa back, especially after how Chelsea (fans) treated him. But my heart of hearts says you can't ever go back and regain what you had. 

I think as long as Rodgers doesn't intimate any of the players aren't his choices he'll be given till the end of the season to turn things around. If he follows in the footsteps of AVB though, and questions the recruitment, he'll be for the chop, in which case I wouldn't be shocked to see Benitez back as a stop-gap to placate some fans before he's offered another position.

Rafa with a committee?

John Henry vs Rafa

Two man enter

One man leaf.

A noon dust up.

Bring your best denim jeans and black shoes with shirt.

Please note, blazers must be removed before entering the arena.

Judging by the bulge in Rafa's jeans JW has no chance. He'll lose the fight and Linda in one go.