You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

15 hours ago, moof said:

Which doesn’t mean he’s actually innocent 

Doesn’t mean he’s guilty either. He was found not guilty in a retrial. Is that not good enough for you? The retrial lasted eight days, during that 8 days of cross examining and questioning and sifting through all available evidence, he was found not guilty. I suppose you  know more by reading a few newspaper reports? Not only that, but you still think it’s ok to cast aspersions about him on a public forum. Let him get on with his life. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Doesn’t mean he’s guilty either. He was found not guilty in a retrial. Is that not good enough for you? The retrial lasted eight days, during that 8 days of cross examining and questioning and sifting through all available evidence, he was found not guilty. I suppose you  know more by reading a few newspaper reports? Not only that, but you still think it’s ok to cast aspersions about him on a public forum. Let him get on with his life. 

Well said, mate. 

And all the best at Sunderland.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think our resident legal expert Anubis hinted that there was more to the case than the media revealed.

Nope. Can’t be arsed trawling through the thread, but I may have said that what the media report about cases is not always accurate or correct, but I have no inside knowledge about the case.

38 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nope. Can’t be arsed trawling through the thread, but I may have said that what the media report about cases is not always accurate or correct, but I have no inside knowledge about the case.

That's what I was getting at,the fact that you said that the reported media stories were not what you could call 'wholly accurate.'

Just to add that I wasn't inferring insider knowledge just the fact that not all the evidence may be revealed through the media. I felt that the media were very sympathetic to Evans so its likely that neutrals would perceive an air of innocence.