Quantcast
Ched Evans - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Ched Evans

Harsh to punish him twice. Plus with one of the alleged perps getting off and Ched trying still to appeal the verdict which he can't do until 2015(?) then its a bit wrong to deny him the right to earn a wage. Even if he is a bit rapey.

He's served his time, he has got to be allowed to play. He'll get dogs abuse for the rest of his career,

Was it really rape and not just surprise sex? I believe Judy Finnegan has backed him up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He should be forced to have sex with Judy Finnegan.  Better than castration.

Should he be allowed to play again?  Well, I'm afraid he should.  The game is full of rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers, Methodists and Liberal Democrats.

• Upvote 5

Harsh to punish him twice. Plus with one of the alleged perps getting off and Ched trying still to appeal the verdict which he can't do until 2015(?) then its a bit wrong to deny him the right to earn a wage. Even if he is a bit rapey.

Are you implying that Clayton Blackmore is in-fact Purple Aki? 

He hasn't shown any contrition or remorse over what he did and the way he has managed to bag a new girlfriend and brainwash her into doing his heavy I-woz-stitched-up lifting is downright creepy. If I were Sheff Utd I'd say he needs to do more to demonstrate he has learned his lesson before he plays for them again..

He hasn't shown any contrition or remorse over what he did and the way he has managed to bag a new girlfriend and brainwash her into doing his heavy I-woz-stitched-up lifting is downright creepy. If I were Sheff Utd I'd say he needs to do more to demonstrate he has learned his lesson before he plays for them again..

Of course he didn't because he still believes he's innocent. Which is why he's planning to appeal next year. Surely you'd keep your head down if you were guilty?

I know if I didn't rape someone, but got put in jail for it anyway, I'd be having no remorse either.

• Upvote 3

Any songs for him? What about Apeman by The Kinks:-

He's a rapeman, he's a rape rapeman
No, he's a Rapeman
Well, he's a nasty man, he's a rapey man
No, he's a rapeman

• Upvote 1

Well if a repeat offender like Marlon King (even though it wasn't the same offence as Evans) keeps getting gigs at lower league clubs...

just read the story on it and it seems the girl was alert enough to go back from the hotel to retrieve a pizza…. so not as smashed as has been made out. 

maybe he is a dirty rapist but maybe, just maybe he isn't one and instead just a sleaze who has been fucked over by an opportunist. 

He absolutely should be allowed to play again. The people I see in the press saying he shouldn’t, I always thing are passing opinion without looking at the end game.  I’m (possibly wrongly) assuming this Evans lad has been a footballer all his junior life and so has no other skills.  So what’s the alternative?  He sits on the dole?  Possibly ends up going into crime to earn money?  Not letting the guy work in something he is skilled in and can immediately contribute to society in just seems utterly daft.  I’d understand if he was a paedophile who was looking to go back working in a crèche.  But this surely has to be treated as a positive case of a fella serving his sentence and then giving a positive contribution to society through hopefully not re-offending and paying tax?

• Upvote 1

Personally, I don't think he should.

But Luke McCormick is back at Plymouth after killing two kids while pissed up so I can't see Evans being stopped from playing.

Football and famous people, in general, seem to exist in a different world.

Imagine trying to get your old normal job back when you were a convicted rapist or had murdered two kids while drunk?

Of course he didn't because he still believes he's innocent. Which is why he's planning to appeal next year. Surely you'd keep your head down if you were guilty?

I know if I didn't rape someone, but got put in jail for it anyway, I'd be having no remorse either.

That's fair enough, but he has been convicted and I think Sheff Utd should take his lack of remorse into account. I should emphasise that I don't think there should be laws or rules preventing footballers convicted of crimes from resuming their career, just that a club should take into account any remorse (or lack of it) when considering whether to re-employ them.

Because you have been found guilty doesnt always mean you are. The jury system is shite.

It may be correct in this case but he has the right to fight it and to earn cash if clubs want to give him a job.