You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Liverpool (August 25th, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

A very disappointing game. My take on it, for what it's worth.

Shit result and not a great performance. We had some good moments but never really sustained any pressure until the 2nd half, when just after we scored, we looked very dangerous. Can was giving us a lot of power, Markovitch was looking very dangerous and Moreno overlapping was very nice to see. 

Johnson had a shite game and didn't look that bothered to me. I never like to see our players injured but the plus side is, that maybe the talented Manquillo will get some game time. He really can't be worse than that half hearted shite that chef Glen currently serves up.

I thought BR got it wrong when he took Allen off, he should have brought Gerrard off, he was done by the end.

I am a lot more hopeful that our defence will come together than I was last season. Lovren looks commanding, Moreno provided some threat and if Manquillo and Flanno can take care of the other side, we should be good.

We learn from it and do the spuds.

I'm sorry mate, but you're clearly the only one here going on about us parking the bus, so I feel pretty safe in saying that if anyone watched a different game, it's you. Park the bus, wtf?

As i said have to disagree. Maybe standards have dropped so much you consider that as us playing well.

Moreno looks a very good player very assured going forward and a composed passer of the ball. Although culpable for the goal he's bound to learn from that, I think he'll be a very good addition for us. City fans are absolute cunts by the way, I guess it's a coping method for the noveau riche cunts who have no real affinity or connection to the club.

One signing we can make, even outside the window, is a defensive coach. And before I'm accused of knee-jerk reaction, I've been asking for three seasons.

We were actually more defensively stable this game than pretty much any game in the latter half of last season. The goals genuinely came from individual mistakes or moments of brilliance from City that would have resulted in goals against any team.

We didn't drop a deep line and allow City to play consistently deep in our half with no pressure like we did when we beat them last season, which is actually something we can build off. It's easy to just look at the final score and say we were shit defensively without looking at the actual chances created and the areas where we gave City possession. In terms of organisation, I thought looked solid. I think we just give City some credit for their quality. We'll be much better after another 5-6 games.

Have to totally disagree. Not saying City were anything special.  It was a bit meh all round.

Too right.

Neither we nor they were really at it tonight.  Lots of lazy passing, players content to wait and see what developed, that sort of thing.  Few sparks here and there but mostly meh, as you say.  Pretty poor game in honesty for the Number 1 and Number 2 team of the supposed "top league in the world."

Well this is going to be the theme of the season for some on here. And in the press.

Sit back and enjoy. It won't be tedious.

It might be fair comment if we struggle, no?  Hard to replace his influence and on tonight's evidence we miss him badly.  Coutinho is not offering anything like the same creative spark.  Maybe we'll look better when Markovic is starting.