You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I lived in many parts of Mogahishu.

Suarez is a fantastic player and person. A bite never ruined anybody's career and Chiellini deserves the worst. I thought Suarez was too soft on him. Do you remember when the Italians and specifically Materazzi were abusing Zidane's family members during the World Cup final? Do you remember when Totti spitted on Poulsen? Remind me how long was Materazzi's ban ? Fuck them all. Suarez should have punched him and spitted on him too. As for the girly english media, they are hiding their nation's sporting failure behind some normal on the pitch incidents involving another team.

Tell me again, how much is Rooney paid per season? Ha Ha Ha Ha.

• Upvote 1

Suarez probably has some type of sports tourette's. If he is a logical person then it goes beyond all reason for him to keep biting his opponents. He does everything in his power to win, yet biting is contra to that. He gains nothing from the bite. Only potential failure in the form of a red card and further punishment from lengthy bans and missing games. If he can't control himself because he has some kind of condition, then perhaps it makes sense as to why he would keep on doing it. 

But then again, he could just be a fucking loon.

I lived in many parts of Mogahishu.

Suarez is a fantastic player and person. A bite never ruined anybody's career and Chiellini deserves the worst. I thought Suarez was too soft on him. Do you remember when the Italians and specifically Materazzi were abusing Zidane's family members during the World Cup final? Do you remember when Totti spitted on Poulsen? Remind me how long was Materazzi's ban ? Fuck them all. Suarez should have punched him and spitted on him too. As for the girly english media, they are hiding their nation's sporting failure behind some normal on the pitch incidents involving another team.

Tell me again, how much is Rooney paid per season? Ha Ha Ha Ha.

94408-Ice-Cube-HUH-wtf-WHAT-THE-FUCK-4pA

• Upvote 2

It's a weird one, as it's hard to defend him, but it's also hard to go overboard too as he's clearly not biting people maliciously, it seems more like a loss of control.

Because of this, I think he needs help more than punishment to identify what causes him to react as he does.

I can't comment on the first biting incident in great detail, as I didn't see the game, but I think it's telling that all 3 incidents have come in relatively big games: PSV v Ajax, the Chelsea game and today's game.

Plus, it's a cliche chucked around, but I genuinely feel is stems from his win at all costs mentality. In the last two incidents, it was a tight game. Plus, Suarez was, fairly shortly before the bites, involved in pivotal incidents in the game.

In the Chelsea game, if my memory serves me right, he gave away a silly penalty, and then his head just visibly seemed to go. He was running round a bit headless chicken like, doing his best to get the ball back. Then, today, he missed one of the few clear cut chances of the game fairly shortly before the biting incident.

I'm not sure if these incidents have led to him thinking that he's cost his team and then he feels that he needs to anything he can to win the game for his team, to the extent that it all just gets to much for him, the pressure boils over, and has to be released physically in some way, inexplicably in the way of a bite?

That's my theory. It adds up, for me, as otherwise his behaviour is just so hard to explain.

Still has my support, I guess, now I've thought about it. Just needs help, and soon, as I can see him doing it again.

I just don't get it, what's he trying to achieve?  Does he hope the person he bites, reacts and gets sent off?  

I'd actually have more respect for him if someone wound him up and he threw a punch!  Stupid, pointless, needless action/s that's going to cause a load of shit for him, Uruguay and his club.  Once was a mistake, twice was sheer stupidity, three times is just borderline retarded.  There's no defending him really.  We'll put up with it cause of how good of a footballer he is, but that's the only reason.  If the man wasn't talented, he'd be in the gutter.

I just can't believe the people trying to defend him. Biting is the lowest of the low. Fucking kids at school in the middle of a brawl know that biting is a ballbag move, and Suarez has done it three times (3 fucking times!) on a football pitch.

And yet we still have people on here getting all indignant that it is being mentioned in the press (no fucking shit it is a news story) and cracking out pretty pathetic moral relativism ("it didn't even draw blood" / "It won't ruin careers, unlike kicking" FFS!).

I don't give a shit that he plays for a team I support. It is slimy, indefensible behavior and should rightly be condemned. The same blind tribal loyalty that had Chelsea supporting John Terry and booing the guy he racially abused is no less moronic when we do it.

And I'm especially pissed off in that it has taken the spotlight off another Hodgson failure.

• Upvote 6

To be fair to the ref, if Chiellini came running to me crying about something an opponent had apparently done to him, I'd tell him to fuck off and stop being a fanny too. Boy who cried wolf if I ever saw it.

And whoever made the comment about this causing more outrage than people actually dying while working on the stadium, absolutely bang on.

He's a fucking nutjob, no doubt, and there isn't any defending what he did. But that doesn't mean one has to simply get swept away with all the faux outrage and indignation either.

To be fair to the ref, if Chiellini came running to me crying about something an opponent had apparently done to him, I'd tell him to fuck off and stop being a fanny too. Boy who cried wolf if I ever saw it.

And whoever made the comment about this causing more outrage than people actually dying while working on the stadium, absolutely bang on.

He's a fucking nutjob, no doubt, and there isn't any defending what he did. But that doesn't mean one has to simply get swept away with all the faux outrage and indignation either.

Sorry, but it is posts like yours that perpetuate the outrage, because your first instinct is to find excuses, or blame others, simply because Suarez is "ours." Most normal people would generally be "What a bloody idiot, ban him and lets get on with enjoying the World Cup" but it is actually the responses of "It's a beat up/People DIED somewhere, you know.../oh, look at everyone overreacting..../The media didn't care about *insert obviously worse event here*" that actually riles most people up and leads to the whole event blowing up even further.

It's not a beat up, It's a grown-arse professional footballer BITING someone during a game for the THIRD fucking time in his career. It's deservedly news in the world of football, and crying about other football stories that may or may not have received adequate attention to try and deflect away from that does not do anyone any favors.

• Upvote 1

Everyone fucking hates us anyway so please remind me why the fuck any liverpool fan would want him sold. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

yeah i dont give a fuck either. 

we all remember arsenal bidding for him last summer despite him biting ivanovic. I dont care as long as he has another 30+ season

Sorry, but it is posts like yours that perpetuate the outrage, because your first instinct is to find excuses, or blame others, simply because Suarez is "ours." Most normal people would generally be "What a bloody idiot, ban him and lets get on with enjoying the World Cup" but it is actually the responses of "It's a beat up/People DIED somewhere, you know.../oh, look at everyone overreacting..../The media didn't care about *insert obviously worse event here*" that actually riles most people up and leads to the whole event blowing up even further.

It's not a beat up, It's a grown-arse professional footballer BITING someone during a game for the THIRD fucking time in his career. It's deservedly news in the world of football, and crying about other football stories that may or may not have received adequate attention to try and deflect away from that does not do anyone any favors.

No, he is an idiot for what he did in that it hurts his team. He will be banned from the remainder of the tournament and he will have nobody to blame but himself. (You happy now?)

But the media are still over-reacting. 2 years ban? Seriously? Lest we forget Jermaine Defoe and his yellow card. Or maybe we could ask Aaron Ramsey if he'd rather cop a bite that doesn't break the skin or another tackle that snaps his leg in two?

• Upvote 1

I just can't believe the people trying to defend him. Biting is the lowest of the low. Fucking kids at school in the middle of a brawl know that biting is a ballbag move, and Suarez has done it three times (3 fucking times!) on a football pitch.

And yet we still have people on here getting all indignant that it is being mentioned in the press (no fucking shit it is a news story) and cracking out pretty pathetic moral relativism ("it didn't even draw blood" / "It won't ruin careers, unlike kicking" FFS!).

I don't give a shit that he plays for a team I support. It is slimy, indefensible behavior and should rightly be condemned. The same blind tribal loyalty that had Chelsea supporting John Terry and booing the guy he racially abused is no less moronic when we do it.

And I'm especially pissed off in that it has taken the spotlight off another Hodgson failure.

Pull your head in you whining fanny,  i have read very few comments that are defending him biting, even the ones that have are trying to point out that the guy has an issue. The main thrust of the debate is the fucking hypocrisy and faux outrage of various media and pundit tits.

• Upvote 2

I think that when the Italian player fouled him he reacted in a bit of a mischievous way.  His character is like that at times.

The referee was nearby.  If he had thought he had done something wrong he would have sent him off.

He nibbled at his shoulder - there will be no mark.  Ask the defender if he has a mark.  It's all part of the game.  He was kicked several times so he wanted to show his frustration in a nice comical way.

The end.

Think I can mostly see what you mean. At the same time I just instictually defend him because firstly he's ours of course, but secondly I just think it's a genuine mental issue and he shouldn't have to go through this level of shit. If enough people had some compassion about the situation they'd realize that he needs some help here, not treating like an animal. There's no simple explanation for it, but at the same time there's no fucking way he's doing it on badness because he's potentially screwed up his country's WC and a move to Barca or Real, and that's without even mentioning all of the personal crap that his family and himself are about to have to go through. People just don't do those types of things on purpose.

What I see is people acting like animals in response to what they perceive as someone acting like an animal, and that to me, when the people responding have plenty of time to consider what they're saying, is almost fucking worse. It's lynch mob mentality bullshit and I'll carry on defending him against it, like thousands of other Liverpool fans will do. It's like Day of the Triffids or something at times when people get bad enough.

But accepted, this isn't exactly an easy situation, and not one that Luis or any of us that actually care about him as a person* wanted to be in in the first place.

* Which almost all of us here clearly do, and rival fans, media, etc, clearly don't seem to, which I don't personally think there's any excuse for either. Apart from saying that that in itself is maybe equally a mental problem as well, but even worse because it's collective. This should go beyond sporting rivalries and bitterness to us trying to work out what's actually wrong with him as a person and how he can be helped.

Because at the end of the day he's likely going to suffer more than anyone else from this. I can't really imagine what this is going to do for his state of mind, and he needs someone properly trained in psychology by the looks of it to help get this sorted out. As in one of the best he can find. He has the money and resources to seek the best help possible and he should hopefully find it.

• Upvote 1