You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

For all the plucking of random figures ("he's worth this much....he's worth that much"), Lallana wouild be an asset to Liverpool at any price (within reason, obviously) in the way that Adam, Aspas, Carroll, Downing etc etc weren't, whatever price we might have paid for them.

You can't say he'd be an asset at any price and add a 'within reason' caveat straight after and still try and take the moral high ground over people saying he's worth X/Y or Z.

• Upvote 2

You can't say he'd be an asset at any price and add a 'within reason' caveat straight after and still try and take the moral high ground over people saying he's worth X/Y or Z.

You can though, someone just quoted that suarez cost 22m, thats the first time I've seen that figure mentioned in 18 months. Nobody gives a shit what you cost once you can play.

Yes because Suarez is the norm.

Henderson was a 20m flop, now he's just great but never referred to as a 20m success. Sturrudge's price is very rarely mentioned. Andy Carroll nearly has 35m attached to his name, I couldn't even tell you what we paid for reina or alonso or masch but I know how much downing and aquilani cost. If Lallana is good enough then 18m, 24m or 28m should make fuck all difference to anyone here, if he's not enough then 3m is too much.

• Upvote 3

Henderson was a 20m flop, now he's just great but never referred to as a 20m success. Sturrudge's price is very rarely mentioned. Andy Carroll nearly has 35m attached to his name, I couldn't even tell you what we paid for reina or alonso or masch but I know how much downing and aquilani cost. If Lallana is good enough then 18m, 24m or 28m should make fuck all difference to anyone here, if he's not enough then 3m is too much.

Some players turn out to be good some don't, not sure the point you're trying to make.

Good or bad the cost is important unless you're in a position where money is no object.

Some players turn out to be good some don't, not sure the point you're trying to make.

Good or bad the cost is important unless you're in a position where money is no object.

my point is some would have him for 10m but not 20m, come 3 o'clock on a saturday he's either good enough or he's not regardless of transfer fee.

• Upvote 1

Not quite as cut and dried as that though is  it.

Well I think it is, we have a few brilliant players, anyone that dislodges 1 of them is going to need to be brilliant themselves. Anyone that good is worth 20m plus, just like the players he will be playing beside.

• Upvote 1

Well I think it is, we have a few brilliant players, anyone that dislodges 1 of them is going to need to be brilliant themselves. Anyone that good is worth 20m plus, just like the players he will be playing beside.

That's a pretty big leap to go from anyone good enough to dislodge one of our brilliant players needs to be brilliant themselves and will therefore be worth 20 million pus so Lallana is worth 20 plus million.

It's all a bit she weighs the same as a duck so she must be made out of wood and so a witch.

- There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.

- Are there? What are they? Tell us. - Do they hurt?

- Tell me, what do you do with witches?

- Burn them!

- And what do you burn, apart from witches?

- More witches! - Wood!

- So why do witches burn?

- 'Cause they're made of wood? - Good!

- How do we tell if she is made of wood? - Build a bridge out of her.

- But can you not also make bridges out of stone?

- Oh, yeah.

- Does wood sink in water?

- No, it floats. - Throw her into the pond!

- What also floats in water?

- Bread. - Apples.

- Very small rocks. - Cider! Great gravy.

- Cherries. Mud. - Churches.

- Lead. - A duck!

- Exactly.

- So, logically--

- If she weighs the same as a duck...

- she's made of wood.

- And therefore?

- A witch!

Well, I can and I did. I actually only added 'within reason' to stop pedantic pricks like yourself saying 'what? Even £100m?' But, heyho, you found something else to be pedantic about.

And I wasn;t taking the moral highground (as funny as I find the plucking of random figures), it was to highlight the futility of valuing the player before they have actually played for us.

My point stands.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly.

Well, I can and I did. I actually only added 'within reason' to stop pedantic pricks like yourself saying 'what? Even £100m?' But, heyho, you found something else to be pedantic about.

And I wasn;t taking the moral highground (as funny as I find the plucking of random figures), it was to highlight the futility of valuing the player before they have actually played for us.

My point stands.

Cheers

Poor post.

And daft as well.

Exactly.

Not really.

Yossi "Fucking fuck off" Benayoun for example.  Cost £6 million - was a decent squad player, scored some important goals, wasn't quite good enough to be a long term first team player.  For the 6 million quid that we spent he was a good signing.  If we'd spend £20 million on him it would have been a disaster, as we wouldn't have then had £20 million to sign Fernando Torres.

There'll be no clause since Pochettino resigned from Southampton.

Is it really as easy as that? He resigns and therefore not bound by any clauses? Surely the Saints board must have asked for some sort of agreement that he doesn't poach their players when he goes to Spurs? I mean, that's what I would be thinking the minute Pochettino put in his resignation. Not that it matters because in the end, players get poached all the time.

Pochettino paid off his own contract for about £2m. I think that allows him to resign without clauses

Presumably Spurs will reimburse him as part of signing on fees

And I think Southampton will welcome a bidding war for players they know they will lose anyway

• Upvote 2

I can't see us signing him for £30m but if they did stretch to that then it makes all our other transfer window shenanigans even worse. Having lost out on signings for the odd million here and there it'd be ludicrous to pay another £10-£15m this time. But I guess this is the LFC Transfer Show so anything is possible...