You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Starting to look likes hes going to go the way of Westerveld. 

It's bit like the chicken and the egg though. Who is making who worse.

The defence or the keeper. 

That's what I was thinking when he came out for that punch in the 1st half and got nowhere near it. Shades of westerveld in the UEFA Cup 2001 final when jordi cryuff outjumped him to equalise 4-4.

To be fair he recovered from that early error tonight but his confidence must be shot.

That's what I was thinking when he came out for that punch in the 1st half and got nowhere near it. Shades of westerveld in the UEFA Cup 2001 final when jordi cryuff outjumped him to equalise 4-4.

To be fair he recovered from that early error tonight but his confidence must be shot.

Yeah I'd say hes a nervous wreck. Thing is I don't think hes as bad as some would make out. Hes a great shot stopper. But he does need to improve big time commanding his area or else its hard to see him staying long term. 

Id be surprised if rodgers wasnt seriously pissed off with that error last night and isnt looking at his options going forward.

But, suggestion of ward in goal for the game against stoke? Ha fucking ha.

In all seriousness he can't be any worst than mignolet he won't fumble like last night and he might be able to catch a cross? The Welsh lad is highly rated is he Gove him a chance the scum are doing it with their team and the lads coming in have looked decent!

In all seriousness he can't be any worst than mignolet he won't fumble like last night and he might be able to catch a cross? The Welsh lad is highly rated is he Gove him a chance the scum are doing it with their team and the lads coming in have looked decent!

So, you want to sling a young lad in a struggling side (to put it mildly) not just in any position but in goal, against the cloggers that are stoke?

Just because you think he 'cant be any worse' than mignolet? Seriously?

While we're at it, why dont we sling Tricket-Smith and Wilson in? After all they cant do any worse can they?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, you want to sling a young lad in a struggling side (to put it mildly) not just in any position but in goal, against the cloggers that are stoke?

Just because you think he 'cant be any worse' than mignolet? Seriously?

While we're at it, why dont we sling Tricket-Smith and Wilson in? After all they cant do any worse can they?

It's a suggestion Rodgers knows the keepers better than me but on current form I don't think they can be worst than mignolet maybe even better! And with the potential to improve I'm all for giving youth a chance .

And it's a bit different to throwing lads in other positions we have options in other areas in this position we have one and he's as bad.

Do you think we should persist with Mignolet then?

Id be surprised if rodgers wasnt seriously pissed off with that error last night and isnt looking at his options going forward.

But, suggestion of ward in goal for the game against stoke? Ha fucking ha.

For a moment, I thought I was in the Techy Nerd Forum and had opened a thread about Football Manager.