You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

Reminds me of that Liverpool-obsessed cunt Giles Smith that writes for the Times and the Chelsea website. How did this go for you Giles?

There's no undue urgency, of course, but arguably the best time to start making up those lost fractions of a millimetre would be at home to Liverpool on Saturday lunchtime.

Our visitors have also endured an underpowered start to the season, which has recently led them to sack their manager and bring in a new one. Jurgen Klopp has been charged, like so many before him, with 'bringing the good times back to Anfield' and, in many ways, the likeable German immediately delivered on that with last week's 1-1 draw against 10-man Rubin Kazan in the Europa League. (These things are relative, after all.)

Anyway, the over-arching point here is that, confronted by a perceived crisis, Liverpool have opted for wholesale managerial change. Which, obviously, is one way of going about it. But it's not really our way. The Chelsea approach is more about having patience, showing faith and granting time, all with the longer view of fostering continuity. It's an approach rooted in history and a belief in deeply-rooted values - what you might call a 'boot room culture', I suppose.

But that's just different attitudes, I guess. Some clubs go after the instant gratification; others dedicate themselves to building something more lasting.

A brilliant piece of trolling no doubt, if it were only imbued with the barest shred of accuracy.

What a helmet.

Okay, which one of you is "RafaTheGaffer" on The Shed End forum?

Crying? Why are you all crying?

This should never have happened I agree but that's because he should never have come back to ruin us. Rafa should have been given the job permanently after he cleaned up the mess last time. Think Madrid will let us have him back now? 

Bring back Rafa!

• Upvote 4

One point off the relegation zone, awful boring football, lazy overpaid players. Yes, thanks Jose, you've left us in the sh*t!. How dare you steal £40 million from this club. Good riddance.

I don't think Rafa will be willing to come here and save us again, but perhaps Brendan Rogers will?

• Upvote 2