You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

He is the outstanding manager of his generation, success and popularity are rarely bedfellows.

Shankly, Busby, Paisley, Stein, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Lippi, etc, etc.  Generally well thought of by most people, inside and outside the game.

Ferguson and Mourinho are the outliers.  Or cuntliers if you prefer.

Shankly, Busby, Paisley, Stein, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Lippi, etc, etc.  Generally well thought of by most people, inside and outside the game.

Correct. Most people liked Ali but didn't like Tyson. If you're despised it's usually because you're a cunt.

• Upvote 1

None of the above can match Mourinho's pan-league success.I am talking results, not popularity.

Our very own Brendan has spoken often of the debt he owes Mourinho for what he learned in his time with him, and if he can emulate a fraction of what Mourinho has achieved we will have done very well indeed.

None of the above can match Mourinho's pan-league success.I am talking results, not popularity.

Our very own Brendan has spoken often of the debt he owes Mourinho for what he learned in his time with him, and if he can emulate a fraction of what Mourinho has achieved we will have done very well indeed.

Oh, so it's only people who are successful in very specific combinations of European football leagues that everyone thinks is a cunt?

Polyglotism = Egotism.

I am not arguing with you that Mourinho has achieved fantastic results as a football manager by the way.  It was you that tried to tie that to people disliking him.  Which is patently bollocks.

No-one has won as many major honours, in as many different major leagues,in as short a period of time, as Mourinho.

He has had to manage in many different league's because he burns down in every bridge at a club before getting the boot. It also helps to be at the best a richest club in each country.

He had the richest club in England.

The only contender in Italy with every other big club decimated after the calciopoli scandal.

Then he gets the richest club in Spain and his results are mixed at best.

His tactics considering the players he has had at his disposal are a dusgrace. That's before you look into his character

I have always found this 'man' to be exactly what he is; a petulant, spoiled brat. As oleaginous as the canned sardines his father's factory produced and as cowardly as the weedy gangster who employs him, this press pampered, indulged, money hoovering, pompous, bullshit spouting, shit stirring, game corrupting sack of personality disorders is rapidly becoming the hateful abyss of misanthropy and putrefying ordure that was Alex Ferguson. 

I just can't take to the guy.

• Upvote 9

Ancelotti has won multiple leagues in multiple countries, and multiple European Cups, and is still well-liked. In short, you don't have to be horrible to be a winner, despite narratively-convenient bullshit that lets such behaviour slide.

Yep.

Despite having been in charge of a Milan side who beat us in a CL final, Chelsea, now at Real Madrid and potentially a target for the Mancs, what has he done to prompt genuine contempt ala Ferguson or Mourinho? Nothing.

Same with Roberto Martinez. I wish the club nothing but failure on the pitch, but that's a result of genuine rivalry. He's doing his best by the club by having them play quality football, not stirring a hornet's nest.

I have always found this 'man' to be exactly what he is; a petulant, spoiled brat. As oleaginous as the canned sardines his father's factory produced and as cowardly as the weedy gangster who employs him, this press pampered, indulged, money hoovering, pompous, bullshit spouting, shit stirring, game corrupting sack of personality disorders is rapidly becoming the hateful abyss of misanthropy and putrefying ordure that was Alex Ferguson. 

I just can't take to the guy.

Repped for oleaginous and ordure.

Mourinho basically has Aspergers or something.

The most impressive thing he did has been Portos CL win. That said, it came at an opportune time. Christ, Monaco made the final.

But Porto had a decent core of players with Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira, Costinha and Maniche. And Mourinho bought four of them at Chelsea. Fucking genius he is, eh.

Give a Mourinho a fish, and he'll complain about the fish. Give Mourinho a rod, and he'll sell it for a bag of fish.

• Upvote 5

Fuck him, his crippled soul and his cunty snide histrionics.

I don't need to lift a manhole cover up to know what runs through the sewers and I don't need to read a book on this shitstain to know what he is.

one and only thing in his favour, when he had Brendan under his wing he said, he is going to be the new young special one, by god he was spot on there.

Ancelloti thinks you're a bellend.

• Upvote 1

A proper media corps would be asking Mourinho whether he regrets playing for a draw at Old Trafford. His reaction would be news. Won't happen though.

Journalists are highly susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome. They get so much shit that when someone is nice to them they tend to be nice back. If you've got a load of managers who hate reporters, don't give them any decent quotes and just want you out as quick as poss, when Mourinho offers you a mince pie and gives you a quote that your boss can sell papers with you're going to love him. He's played the media well but in fairness it's not that hard to do.

If he wins the CL then we'll have to put up with more Special One nonsense.

If he doesn't, then are people going to point out that Raneri and Grant, as well as arguably Ancelotti and Benitez, were sacked for having better seasons than this, and in all but Ancelotti's case with some very difficult circumstances.

There are no excuses. By their own standards anything but a CL win is a failure this year.