You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

It's seasons like the last one that are the foundation for greater things. Although Suarez was a huge reason for our finishing so high up the table, the manager has to get credit too. He knows who he wants and what will work, I'm prepared to trust him on this one.

Spot on, the way we were going under Rodgers last season he laid the foundations for us to be one of the best teams in the world.

We go out and play our own game and when we are on it most teams cant stop us, if he keeps that attitude and added more top players we were only going to get better.

Suarez is a massive blow and the potential signings don't look like what's required to go to the next level but my belief in Rodgers is what is stopping me from accepting we are going to fall out of the top 4 like after all our previous pl title challenges.

I was saying last season Rodgers was looking perfect at everything, tactics, style of play, dealing with the media and players, I just hope transfers aren't his weakness.

Edited by JermainePennant

At the start of the season he was in and out and sometimes michu played behind him, it certainly wasn't the first half of the season as Im fairly sure michu got injured around october.

I kept an eye on him as he was a fm legend and had a bit of hype around him, I wasn't impressed and cant believe he is even being considered as Suarez replacement.

It was the first half of the season. You can see the minutes played here.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-bony/leistungsdaten/spieler/81808/saison/2013

I kept an eye on him because he is the best talent to come out of the Eredivisie since Suarez and I have wanted him at LFC for years.

He is not being considered as a Suarez replacement.

It was the first half of the season. You can see the minutes played here.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-bony/leistungsdaten/spieler/81808/saison/2013

I kept an eye on him because he is the best talent to come out of the Eredivisie since Suarez and I have wanted him at LFC for years.

He is not being considered as a Suarez replacement.

I just looked it says he played 34 prem games, was on the bench for one and out of the other three with a hamstring, so like I said he played nearly every game and got something like 12-13 goals from open play, doesn't really compare to Suarez does it?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Stringers has lost the plot

Has he slipped back into using morse code again? Come on, Grandad, time for bed.

• Upvote 3

Michu?

People are questioning Lallana having played in the Championship but Michu is better than Bony after spending the vast majority of his carrer in the second and third divisions scoring about three golas a year.

Weird

Could even be...get this...DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Said it before but we should rebuild our forward line around Danny Sturridge, and each of the players who comes in should be a fast, creative compliment to him. Markovic defo fits the bill, as does Sterling obvs.

Would like another out and out creator though, one who can weigh in with a share of goals would be brill. Reus, Firmino, yeh, that type of player with a touch of flair, genius and fantasy.

For me, as much as I like Lambert and Bony both, I still look at them as being ideal "Plan B" forwards, offering something different and more direct against shite like Chelsea who shamelessly come to park their fucking bus.

• Upvote 2

Said it before but we should rebuild our forward line around Danny Sturridge, and each of the players who comes in should be a fast, creative compliment to him. Markovic defo fits the bill, as does Sterling obvs.

Would like another out and out creator though, one who can weigh in with a share of goals would be brill. Reus, Firmino, yeh, that type of player with a touch of flair, genius and fantasy.

For me, as much as I like Lambert and Bony both, I still look at them as being ideal "Plan B" forwards, offering something different and more direct against shite like Chelsea who shamelessly come to park their fucking bus.

agree with this and i am really hoping we see Ibe get a run this year as i think the lad maybe really special