You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Liverpool - So your definitely going to buy him for 8 million at the end of the loan?

Other club- yeah of course.

Liverpool - So if he plays 25 games it'll trigger the option to buy and you'll pay us the money right? and you definitely won't play him 24 times and then refuse to play him, will you? 

Other club - no, never, we wouldn't do that *muffled laughter*.

It's like groundhog day.

Last year, we won precisely nothing. It looked great up to the Chelsea match at Anfield. But we won precisely nothing.

Give me 2005 or 2001 over 2014 any day.

Not criticizing Rodgers, mind. He did a great job to secure automatic Champions League qualification. But winning trophies is the ultimate measure of a Liverpool manager...

I completely agree. We didn't win anything and that is the ultimate barometer to go by. In relation to our recent past (7th-8th) we took massive strides last season, and I get the feeling that Rodgers is building something that will last. Time will tell of course, but I'm more hopeful as a red than I have been in years, I know that much. 

I just looked it says he played 34 prem games, was on the bench for one and out of the other three with a hamstring, so like I said he played nearly every game and got something like 12-13 goals from open play, doesn't really compare to Suarez does it?

To compare in any way it'd probably be best looking at Luis's first full season : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luis-suarez/leistungsdaten/spieler/44352/saison/2012

And also that Luis had a Liverpool squad to play with, Bony has had Swansea. He could be great for us, but not if we're going to expect him to do all of the creative things that Luis did. He could score a lot of goals for us though if he was signed. Am kind of neutral to him because I'd prefer it if we went for other targets first, but Sturridge clearly needs more than just Lambert to back him up and Bony could do well if he ever arrives.

To compare him to Luis in the first place is unfair though, especially when talking about last year. Our team was playing brilliantly and someone like Bony could have scored quite a few more with that type of back up.

Can we please stop all this talk about buying a "replacement for Suarez"?

He's literally irreplaceable. What we're trying to is get people in that can try replace his goal tally without fucking our team up.

I'm fairly sure that Rodgers knows more about football than any of us, and is fully aware of Michu's fucked knees, or Bony's scoring exploits, or Reus's buy out clause. So lets try keep the hysteria down eh?!

We went 98% (random made up percentage) the way to winning the league last season, and have now lost our wildcard. So it's a very precarious position Rodgers finds himself in, no matter how much money he has to spend.

We're gonna be so fucking good to watch this season.

Can't believe we have to wait until December until Arsenal come to Anfield with their stupid high defensive line. We'll hit double figures against those cunts.

Considering that if we're honest, our problems (such as they were) last season were at our end of the pitch and not the oppositions and we have a CL campaign, two domestic cups and a 38 game season to play, was it just me that thought we might see some strengthening of the back line this summer?

With the exception of Can, all we have signed and all I've seen us linked with is attacking midfield players and strikers - there's no disputing that we needed to add one up top and another now that Suarez has gone, the midfield also needed more bodies to cope with the number of games but although I love the fact we have a manager who seems to want us to win every game 5-0 I can't help but feel that in the CL in particular we are going to need something more than last season's back line to make any meaningful progress.

That goes double when you take Suarez's goals out of the equation, no matter who we bring in.  Have to admit although I do agree it was the time to sell (and let's be honest, the only reason for giving him that new conract at Christmas was to protect his value when the inevitable bids came in this summer) the one regret I have where he's concerned is that having played a major part in getting us back into the CL, he won't be gracing it in our shirt for a season.

Or am I just a boring cunt who's forgotten how to dream?

Good Evening  english villagers,

Message to FSG:

Try and save some face, sign Remy, Di Maria and fire Ayre.

Thanks.

In other news, who's this bellwhiff?

• Upvote 1

Considering that if we're honest, our problems (such as they were) last season were at our end of the pitch and not the oppositions and we have a CL campaign, two domestic cups and a 38 game season to play, was it just me that thought we might see some strengthening of the back line this summer?

With the exception of Can, all we have signed and all I've seen us linked with is attacking midfield players and strikers - there's no disputing that we needed to add one up top and another now that Suarez has gone, the midfield also needed more bodies to cope with the number of games but although I love the fact we have a manager who seems to want us to win every game 5-0 I can't help but feel that in the CL in particular we are going to need something more than last season's back line to make any meaningful progress.

That goes double when you take Suarez's goals out of the equation, no matter who we bring in. Have to admit although I do agree it was the time to sell (and let's be honest, the only reason for giving him that new conract at Christmas was to protect his value when the inevitable bids came in this summer) the one regret I have where he's concerned is that having played a major part in getting us back into the CL, he won't be gracing it in our shirt for a season.

Or am I just a boring cunt who's forgotten how to dream?

In other news, who's this bellwhiff?

thats just nightcunt.

fuck suarez. its his loss.