You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ozark. I'm at the end of the first season. It has had some good bits and some bits that bug the shit out of me or just don't make sense. Its a good story but I feel like its missing something. Do I bother with the next series ? 

Season 2 is more fast paced. And a little bit more unrealistic. It's a decent watch, but there's times you just think "oh fuck off". 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Ozark. I'm at the end of the first season. It has had some good bits and some bits that bug the shit out of me or just don't make sense. Its a good story but I feel like its missing something. Do I bother with the next series ? 

No. It is a complete waste of space. What was a weird but hmmm-quite-well-done series descended into crazy levels of absurdity as it went along. Mr rb14 gave up on it half-way through the final series so it stopped being our post-prandial late evening go-to. I downloaded the remainder for my boring-train-journey watchlist. And watch them I did. In hindsight I think I'd have preferred to listen to the FUCKING CUNTS on their MOBILE FUCKING CUNTING PHONES in the QUIET FUCKING CARRIAGE CAN'T YOU CUNTING READ? so preposterous was the storyline. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s an odd one, season 1 I couldn’t decide if I liked or hated it.  Season 2 was a definite step up in my opinion. 

The hillbilly wife is great in it.

23 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

The hillbilly wife is great in it.

Her character was brilliant to start with. I'd write more but I can't work out the spoiler tags so I'm saying nothing else. 

Ahhh fuck it. If the spoiler tags don't work, it's not the end of the world. After a while, her character inexplicably changed from fearsome cunt bossing anyone and everyone, to humble husband-doting pussycat. Perhaps not inexplicably, but regrettably.

FUCK. What more do I have to do than type in the source *less than sign* spoiler *greater than sign* text-I-want-to-hide *less than sign* /spoiler *greater than sign*?

2 hours ago, rb14 said:

Her character was brilliant to start with. I'd write more but I can't work out the spoiler tags so I'm saying nothing else. 

Ahhh fuck it. If the spoiler tags don't work, it's not the end of the world. After a while, her character inexplicably changed from fearsome cunt bossing anyone and everyone, to humble husband-doting pussycat. Perhaps not inexplicably, but regrettably.

FUCK. What more do I have to do than type in the source *less than sign* spoiler *greater than sign* text-I-want-to-hide *less than sign* /spoiler *greater than sign*?

It's [ and ], not < and >

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's [ and ], not < and >

No. Way. I tried that fukka. OK then smartytits, let's see....

Ahhh fuck it. If the spoiler tags don't work, it's not the end of the world.

After a while, her character inexplicably changed from fearsome cunt bossing anyone and everyone, to humble husband-doting pussycat. Perhaps not inexplicably, but regrettably

Cracked through a few episodes of the righteous gemstones, Danny McBride's latest effort for hbo. It's got John Goodman in it, as well as some faces from vice principles. The premise is based on a family who run one of those big American churches making themselves bundles, with a wayward kid - McBride's son/Goodman's grandson. It's not as funny as stuff he's done before on hbo, but it's enjoyable. I'm 4 episodes in (of 9) but I'd give it a 7.5/10 so far. 

59 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Cracked through a few episodes of the righteous gemstones, Danny McBride's latest effort for hbo. It's got John Goodman in it, as well as some faces from vice principles. The premise is based on a family who run one of those big American churches making themselves bundles, with a wayward kid - McBride's son/Goodman's grandson. It's not as funny as stuff he's done before on hbo, but it's enjoyable. I'm 4 episodes in (of 9) but I'd give it a 7.5/10 so far. 

I watched a few episodes of this Barry and I'd agree with you.

For me the biggest hurdle to overcome was the running time, I just felt that the hour long episodes really stretched the comedy way too thinly, seriously diluting my enjoyment of it. Half hour eps (like Vice Principals) would have been far more enjoyable. JMHO.

38 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

For me the biggest hurdle to overcome was the running time, I just felt that the hour long episodes really stretched the comedy way too thinly, seriously diluting my enjoyment of it. Half hour eps (like Vice Principals) would have been far more enjoyable. JMHO.

Only the first episode is an hour long. The others are between 30-40 minutes except for the last one which is a bit longer. 

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I think only the 1st episode was an hour, the others are all about 30-35 mins.