Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 366 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

On 05/03/2019 at 10:54, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Louis Theroux’s latest about US campus sexual assault claims.

A must watch if you’ve ever wondered what Kaa from The Jungle Book is like in human form.

Very very plausible...and then not so much

Trapped. BBC 4

Second series of the Icelandic crime drama, like the first series it's a bit slow as it's over 10 episodes but I kind of enjoy that rather than a murder every half hour.

Must admit though I'd always fancied a trip to Iceland but I don't think I've seen a show with so many ugly people in it so might give it a swerve

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You couldn’t tell he was a wrong ‘un from the get go?

I was trying to be non judgmental 

Or with an ‘e’ do you think?

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:08, skend04 said:

Anybody watching Doom Patrol? It's bonkers in a good way.

Yep it is good fun. I am bored witless of Superhero movies and series. I don't watch the ones on Netflix etc but this is good fun. I loved the Oracle this week

Yep it is good fun. I am bored witless of Superhero movies and series. I don't watch the ones on Netflix etc but this is good fun. I loved the Oracle this week

6 minutes ago, redheart said:

5 minutes ago, redheart said:

At least your opinions are consistent, if a little repetitive. 

Why hold me responsible for the failings of this site?

• Upvote 1

Watched the new season of True Detective, for the first six of the eight episodes I thought it was very good. Bit slow but some creepy bits and building a good story.

The ending though. Maybe the worst ending to a programme I’ve seen. Fucking shite. 4/10 in total.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Watched the new season of True Detective, for the first six of the eight episodes I thought it was very good. Bit slow but some creepy bits and building a good story.

The ending though. Maybe the worst ending to a programme I’ve seen. Fucking shite. 4/10 in total.

Yeah, it started well but faded into a bit of a mess.

American God's season 2 has started, I enjoyed the first series despite it being far from perfect.

The umbrella academy. 6 episodes in. 6.5/10 far. Slow and not much interesting happening. A lot of noise and not much progression with the main plot.

23 hours ago, Champ said:

I was trying to be non judgmental 

Or with an ‘e’ do you think?

I made my mind up he’s a calculating, superior, insincere little worm within the first couple of things out of his gob. Especially that risible shite about not knowing whether or not she was drunk; the equivalent of not saying sorry when you’ve shunted into the back of someone’s car so you haven’t given away any liability. Had obviously been drilled on that by his lawyer, and it straight away tells you the kind of individual someone is, in my opinion.

However, even more so than usual with Theroux’s give ‘em enough rope style, I just about kept an open mind that it’s possible he may have unwittingly cast himself as a rapist partially through the absence of his alleged victim in the same film (which of course is her right/perfectly understandable, and has itself created a necessary conversation on representation and whether it’s ethical/tone deaf for such a story to be told from the male’s perspective in this day and age).

All I mean by that, is in the unlikely event she also came across as terrible and unsympathetic a character as he did (which I’m not saying she would, but it’s always feasible and we’ll never know) some of the viewers of that documentary who consider him an unconvicted rapist may reconsider their view back towards he seemed a deeply unpleasant and concerning individual, but is potentially no more than that.

I wouldn’t want to say he possibly suffered through both sides not being heard, because he seemed like an absolutely reprehensible cunt to me. He’s the sort of person you ideally want advocating for himself; no idea how badly he overplays his hand while thinking he’s gaming everyone, which is helpfully instructive. On the other hand, it’s possible his own ‘testimony’ was far more damning of him than anyone else’s could be. Obviously all only in terms of public opinion, because the case legally wasn’t compelling enough for a conviction.

Interesting documentary. An issue much in need of focus too. God knows how many girls have had it happen to them with little to no justice.

38 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Er, yeah, errrr, 8/10.

TLDR: What if he’s an appalling turd but not a rapist.

Bad career move from him to appear on the documentary if so. 

There’s something about the way many young Americans speak, and I include him in that, that kind of creaky voiced, dead eyed, expressionless features, that I find very difficult to read. So when that was how he came across I didn’t want to condemn him immediately and I have to say the cctv footage seemed to support his  testimony that she had been drinking but was not drunk. And you’re right, it was uncomfortable that we never saw the woman or anyone who could speak for her but the evidence provided by his former supporter did for him in the end.

And then just as women’s voices seem to be reaching the mainstream there is Trump acting to restrict the powers of the universities to hold such men’s actions to account. Really chilling

• Upvote 1

Happy!

Netflix (originally SyFy) series based on the comics by Grant Morrison, starring Christopher Meloni. A disgraced ex-cop turned hitman teams up with his kidnapped daughter's imaginary friend - a blue unicorn - to find her.

As expected for something with Morrison's fingerprints all over it, it's batshit insane. Violent, darkly humorous and intentionally cartoonish in its style. Has some cracking film references and tunes.

I really enjoyed it - 8/10

• Upvote 2

Didn't mind Dobby. And Coleman I can't cope with, but didn't have such great aversion when Peep show was on, but she was probably my least favourite character, but I loved the role Neil Fitz played and obviously that only works with the Coleman part.

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Love, death and Robots. Not going to rate it just now as I have only watched two episodes of it but wow Netflix, what the fuck is this? Love it so far.

Just googled that, has a lot of great feedback.

21 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I made my mind up he’s a calculating, superior, insincere little worm within the first couple of things out of his gob. Especially that risible shite about not knowing whether or not she was drunk; the equivalent of not saying sorry when you’ve shunted into the back of someone’s car so you haven’t given away any liability. Had obviously been drilled on that by his lawyer, and it straight away tells you the kind of individual someone is, in my opinion.

However, even more so than usual with Theroux’s give ‘em enough rope style, I just about kept an open mind that it’s possible he may have unwittingly cast himself as a rapist partially through the absence of his alleged victim in the same film (which of course is her right/perfectly understandable, and has itself created a necessary conversation on representation and whether it’s ethical/tone deaf for such a story to be told from the male’s perspective in this day and age).

All I mean by that, is in the unlikely event she also came across as terrible and unsympathetic a character as he did (which I’m not saying she would, but it’s always feasible and we’ll never know) some of the viewers of that documentary who consider him an unconvicted rapist may reconsider their view back towards he seemed a deeply unpleasant and concerning individual, but is potentially no more than that.

I wouldn’t want to say he possibly suffered through both sides not being heard, because he seemed like an absolutely reprehensible cunt to me. He’s the sort of person you ideally want advocating for himself; no idea how badly he overplays his hand while thinking he’s gaming everyone, which is helpfully instructive. On the other hand, it’s possible his own ‘testimony’ was far more damning of him than anyone else’s could be. Obviously all only in terms of public opinion, because the case legally wasn’t compelling enough for a conviction.

Interesting documentary. An issue much in need of focus too. God knows how many girls have had it happen to them with little to no justice.

Spoiler alert.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Just googled that, has a lot of great feedback.

I have now watched about 7 episode, as it's an anthology of animated shorts some are only 10 minutes long. Don't let the word animation put anyone off, there are some you can hardly tell. Oh, and it's definitely not for kids.

8.5/10 so far.

45 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I have now watched about 7 episode, as it's an anthology of animated shorts some are only 10 minutes long. Don't let the word animation put anyone off, there are some you can hardly tell. Oh, and it's definitely not for kids.

8.5/10 so far.

Well worth the price Netflix, I know there's a lot of shit but they are constantly adding content all genres and it has loads of stuff for kids.