You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, I noticed it on the iplayer the other night. Didn’t know what day it had first aired though. Will give episode two a watch tomorrow. 

I love it. I just knew whatever the outcome of yesterday I would be settled down with a glass of wine and Baptiste. It did not disappoint 

9 hours ago, Champ said:

I love it. I just knew whatever the outcome of yesterday I would be settled down with a glass of wine and Baptiste. It did not disappoint 

I was going to watch this but didn’t realise it was a spin-off of The Missing, which I haven’t seen. Could I watch Baptise as a stand alone programme or do I need to watch The Missing first?

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've started watching True Detective as I needed a new show to watch after Ozark and up to date with TWD.

3 episodes in and I'm not too sure about it. Last episode was much better than the first 2.

Even though I like both McConaughey and Harrelson, the show is all over the place.

Is it worth sticking with?

I thought the first series was brilliant so I would have to say yes, it's worth sticking with.

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I was going to watch this but didn’t realise it was a spin-off of The Missing, which I haven’t seen. Could I watch Baptise as a stand alone programme or do I need to watch The Missing first?

You wouldn't need to have seen The Missing. It's just the same detective working on a different case. But The Missing is decent, both series, different stories. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

No, not all. He was the detective in The Missing. At the end of The Missing he undergoes treatment for a brain tumour. In this spin off he has retired but is contacted by an old colleague who asks for his assistance in investigating the disappearance of a young woman

• Upvote 1

It hasn't been great though so far, Baptiste. I'm actually in two minds as to whether to be bother with the rest. Feels a bit like a shitter version of The Missing at the minute. One of the strengths of The Missing was that you cared about what happened and sympathised with the characters. I'm struggling to care about what's going on in this. 

11 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've started watching True Detective as I needed a new show to watch after Ozark and being up to date with TWD.

3 episodes in and I'm not too sure about it. Last episode was much better than the first 2.

Even though I like both McConaughey and Harrelson, the show is all over the place.

Is it worth sticking with?

Just watched the last episode last night and thought it was pretty shit overall to be honest.

10 hours ago, DimReaper said:

It hasn't been great though so far, Baptiste. I'm actually in two minds as to whether to be bother with the rest. Feels a bit like a shitter version of The Missing at the minute. One of the strengths of The Missing was that you cared about what happened and sympathised with the characters. I'm struggling to care about what's going on in this. 

You don’t care about him or his family? Surely not

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just watched the last episode last night and thought it was pretty shit overall to be honest.

True Detective? I enjoyed season 1, although I wasn't as excited as many seemed to be. Season 2, i lasted about an episode and a half and fucked it off. I have been planning to do season 3 as it's another new show effectively, is it nowhere near the stanadrd of season 1?

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep, same. Really disappointing and fairly ludicrous last couple of episodes after some strong ones earlier on. 5/10 at best. Introducing characters we'd never seen before and the deus ex machina at the end just ruined it.

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

True Detective? I enjoyed season 1, although I wasn't as excited as many seemed to be. Season 2, i lasted about an episode and a half and fucked it off. I have been planning to do season 3 as it's another new show effectively, is it nowhere near the stanadrd of season 1?

It's a similar sort of format to series 1- flashbacks and cops being re-interviewed about an old case, but no, it's nowhere near as good. I actually enjoyed 2 more than this, and that was pretty mediocre compared to 1 as well.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep, same. Really disappointing and fairly ludicrous last couple of episodes after some strong ones earlier on. 5/10 at best. Introducing characters we'd never seen before and the deus ex machina at the end just ruined it.

It's a similar sort of format to series 1- flashbacks and cops being re-interviewed about an old case, but no, it's nowhere near as good. I actually enjoyed 2 more than this, and that was pretty mediocre compared to 1 as well.

thanks. I might just fuck it off then and watch neighbours or something! 

12 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I've never seen The Missing but thought I'd give it a go and really enjoying it and Tom Hollander is great in it. Just goes to show you don't have to be over 6ft and built like a brick shithouse to be a scary character. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I've never seen The Missing but thought I'd give it a go and really enjoying it and Tom Hollander is great in it. Just goes to show you don't have to be over 6ft and built like a brick shithouse to be a scary character. 

First dibs on the fabulous house on the beach now the previous owner no longer needs it

30 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I enjoyed it. 7/10 for the series. Nowhere near as good as series 1 but light years better than series 2 with that sub-human shit potato Vince Vaughan.

As annoying as he is, he was good in Brawl in Cell Block 99.

Also that new film he's in with Mel Gibson looks good as well.