You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I without doubt know more kids with the 'tism than without, my bird had a family party the other week and almost every kid was on the spectrum, all badly behaved little cunts.

While I do share your suspicion of these diagnoses somewhat, my lad has been diagnosed with Autism (along with a few bonus disorders), and it's headwrecking and heartbreaking.

I was speaking to my manager at work about my lad yesterday, and he said one of his sons also has it, and the stand out symptoms his son had were almost exactly the same as my lad.

They're different ages, live in different parts of the company but their behaviour was 95% matching.

It does seem to be the catch all diagnosis these days, but having gone through the last few years, I just want him to get help.

• Upvote 2

It's incredible the amount of Autism diagnosis now. At uni there was a group of 6 of us. Between us we have had 5 sons and 3 of them are Autistic. Both children of my neighbours are Autistic, have at least 5 other non uni friends whose kids are on the scale.

Diagnosis must be a positive thing though from what I can garner support services are really struggling to cope with providing any kind of support.

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

It's incredible the amount of Autism diagnosis now. At uni there was a group of 6 of us. Between us we have had 5 sons and 3 of them are Autistic. Both children of my neighbours are Autistic, have at least 5 other non uni friends whose kids are on the scale.

Diagnosis must be a positive thing though from what I can garner support services are really struggling to cope with providing any kind of support.

It's been a nightmare getting the lad diagnosed as the most obvious symptoms didn't manifest until he was in his teens.

His youngest sister is also exhibiting similar behaviours so we're waiting to have her assessed too. We're hoping she hasn't got it obviously but just in case we're setting the ball rolling.

If my post came across callous at all, it wasn't but I can't ever post outside of the theme of the GF, I know Autism is an incredibly difficult and demanding condition and I know people are facing their own battles with it. I think my main issue was having to face all them battles whilst drinking Madri in the garden.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

If my post came across callous at all, it wasn't but I can't ever post outside of the theme of the GF, I know Autism is an incredibly difficult and demanding condition and I know people are facing their own battles with it. I think my main issue was having to face all them battles whilst drinking Madri in the garden.

No mate it didn't come across as callous, more of an enquiry than anything else.

Yeah it is tough to try and enjoy yourself, especially when your 18 old is questioning you on the arrangements for a trip into Wales that you might take in the next 3 months when you've asked him if he fancies coming along.

• Upvote 1

On 16/07/2023 at 11:41, Clem H Fandango said:

Darren's, male Karen's.

Never heard this used. I still genuinely think that they know the name of the woman is such examples. I see nothing untoward about the name Karen,nor Darren. It should be Peregrine or Althea or some other posh cunt's moniker. Or maybe Monica?

• Upvote 2

When a restaurant or pub puts up a big banner saying “under new management”. They’re basically saying “we know the old manager was a wanker who put you off coming here, come back now he’s gone”.  If I sold my non existent business I’d make it a condition of the sale that they couldn’t put up a sign. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

When a restaurant or pub puts up a big banner saying “under new management”. They’re basically saying “we know the old manager was a wanker who put you off coming here, come back now he’s gone”.  If I sold my non existent business I’d make it a condition of the sale that they couldn’t put up a sign. 

I always think that.

Also, when a soap powder show its new product and how white the clothes are compared to the previous one I think well thatch all well and good but i was buying and using the previous one for the past year and getting grey clothes then you cunts

Well any product really that talk about how great their new product is, same applies.

18 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve just realised there’s no apostrophe in Starbuck’s and it’s really irritating. I’m actually thinking of writing a terse note to their uk head office but I suspect they’ve had hundreds already. 

Do you drive a Kia Cee'd by any chance?

Credit Scores.

I paid off my credit card at the end of June, so debt free.

I checked my bank account this morning using the banking app to see my balance and had a look at my credit score while I was at it.

It's gone down by 6 points and the reason?

I'm using 0% of the credit available to me so they can't see how I manage my accounts.

Paying off your debts has a detrimental effect it seems.

What a fucking system.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Credit Scores.

I paid off my credit card at the end of June, so debt free.

I checked my bank account this morning using the banking app to see my balance and had a look at my credit score while I was at it.

It's gone down by 6 points and the reason?

I'm using 0% of the credit available to me so they can't see how I manage my accounts.

Paying off your debts has a detrimental effect it seems.

What a fucking system.

It's bullshit. Banks and credit companies will apply their own scoring anyway, so it's indicative at best. It's mainly to try and get commission by people applying for credit through them.

If banks raise interest rates to help the economy and fight off inflation what do they do with all this extra revenue? My mortgage has gone up by about an extra £250 a month  straight out the bat.. zoink we will take that cash from your pocket because we've decided we want too. 

Sick of hearing people say I was paying 18 percent interest in the 80s okay let's work out what 18 percent is today and tell me if your'e that fucking financially wise how you'd do it today.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If banks raise interest rates to help the economy and fight off inflation what do they do with all this extra revenue? My mortgage has gone up by about an extra £250 a month  straight out the bat.. zoink we will take that cash from your pocket because we've decided we want too. 

Sick of hearing people say I was paying 18 percent interest in the 80s okay let's work out what 18 percent is today and tell me if your'e that fucking financially wise how you'd do it today.

That's not quite right. The underlying interest rate is set by the Bank of England- if it goes up, it becomes more expensive for banks to borrow, and that gets passed on to their customers. Where they take the piss is in not making a commensurate rise in the rate of interest they offer to savers. It's bad enough that saving basically means you're losing money due to the inflation rate being higher than the interest rates on offer, even worse when those rates barely budge despite the interest rates going up.