You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

17 hours ago, Curly said:

Absolutely agree with this.

I went to the dentist a couple of years ago and he said I need a filing - no problem. Book in and he puts one in. Not long after I’m eating a pork sarnie, and some crackling pulls half my tooth out - the tooth he had not long before filled.

I then go to see him and he says he can put a cap on it - £350. Fucking hell I think - he’s self funding repeat and future work here. He had already said that the tooth was damaged because the filling was so deep, but it wasn’t his fault, it was the only chance for the tooth.

So I make an appointment to get it done, but haven’t got my wallet, so say will pay at the appointment. They then call me saying I owe £30 for the appointment and something upfront for what I haven’t had done yet. I was driving so said I couldn’t give me card details, they threatened to cancel it and I got annoyed and said “do it. I’ll go elsewhere” and that was that.

Couldnt get in a new dentist and didn’t fancy the dental hospital - they’ve been great when I was younger, but I wanted this sorted properly. So I end up back at the old place, paying the outstanding amount, paying AGAIN for an appointment to check the problem and then get it done over 2 visits. 

As im leaving he goes “oh, done chew on it, especially hard things like nuts or even meat. Bananas are fine, but avoid that side if you can”

Why the fuck didn’t he tell me that before I paid £350 plus the extra appointment? Why would I want to chew on one side of my mouth until that side is basically fucked from doubling the use.

When I raised these protests he says “oh don’t worry - if it falls out in the first 12 months, NHS replace it for free”

Well it did fall out - within the first 12 days. And do I fuck want another one putting in - it was painful getting done and agony if I forgot and chewed on it after. No doubt I’ll end up getting fucked over again. I’ll have lost 3 molars now - 1 to injury and one because I didn’t go to the dentist for about 12 years and a filling came out. Fucking worzel gummidge over here

I’m off to the dentists at lunchtime. I haven’t been since I was 18. I’m not 18 anymore. I’m slightly shitting it.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

My dentist has cancelled 3 out of my last 4 appointments. To clarify, I haven’t needed 4 appointments. Just 2, a check up and a filling. I’ve had the check up, but still waiting for the filling. Thankfully, it’s not hurting or anything. I’m with an NHS one and in my overall time with them I’d say they’ve cancelled around 50% of my appointments. I’m tempted to go private if I need anything else done in future. 

I have to go now, because it’s me who’s been consistently cancelling appointments, often on the day. I was blaming the MS but the truth was I just didn’t want to go. I only go because my missus makes me. 

Been for the clean this morning. Not as bad as last time and the hygienist is some Eastern European bird that’s absolutely gorgeous. 

“You must floss more. I told you this one time before”

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I have to go now, because it’s me who’s been consistently cancelling appointments, often on the day. I was blaming the MS but the truth was I just didn’t want to go. I only go because my missus makes me. 

Been for the clean this morning. Not as bad as last time and the hygienist is some Eastern European bird that’s absolutely gorgeous. 

“You must floss more. I told you this one time before”

So you don't floss on purpose.

Wasn’t as bad as I feared, but I still feel a bit sick from the anxiety.

they need a deep clean due to tartar build up and I need one filling. That’s way better than I expected.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

When you make a huge great bowl of Carbonara with cream, fresh pasta, thick bacon, chicken, Parmesan and you sit down to eat it and then remember you forgot to put the fucking garlic bread on. Wanker.

What are you putting cream in a carbonara for you heathen?

And chicken.

that’s sacrilege.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

What are you putting cream in a carbonara for you heathen?

And chicken.

that’s sacrilege.

Holds hands up.

You are spot on but I just like it that way. I do make my sauce with eggs but a blob of cream takes it up a bit. I sometimes use chorizo instead of bacon which is nice too.

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

The length of films these days.

The Flash - 2.5 hours
Indy 5 - 2.5 hours

MI:7 2.75 hours

Fuck off! I'm old and my bladder is shrinking.  2 hours is fine.  

The Batman was hideously overlong too at nearly 3 hours (or 3.5 hours with all the fucking adverts and trailers beforehand).

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The Batman was hideously overlong too at nearly 3 hours (or 3.5 hours with all the fucking adverts and trailers beforehand).

Had to watch that at home via other methods and have a pee break a few times. 

9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

When you're having a quick stand up piss, and realised you might need to drop the kids off at the pool too, so you have to finish one before repositioning to open the bomber hatch.

Flipping that around you've taken a good shit, stand, fix yourself, all good then you need a piss.