You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

2 hours ago, Curly said:

There’s loads of the grandstanding stuff in catering I find similar to that. Like the fucking “yes, chef” and this contrived respect that people who work in kitchens implement, even in normal circumstances. Acting like they’ve been in the fucking trenches on the front line together. Get a fucking grip - you’ve made some food together, not stormed the beaches of Normandy you try hard cunts

They're usually a bunch of miserable, tight cunts to. 

Myself and my brother have a small floor fitting company. We supply and fit flooring that goes into labs, wet rooms, industrial kitchens etc....... And we've done work in loads of restaurants kitchens. In fact, they're so hard to work for, we now only do work for 2 restaurants here in Dublin. 

We fit one kitchen out about 10 years ago and the place was so bloody dirty, we swore blind we'd never work in another kitchen again (it was owned by some Irish rugby players) . OK, we didn't stick to our guns, but the two restaurants we do the odd bit of quek for, are spotless, and they pay. 

We find the restaurant game is usually stuck in the "minium wage" market. They don't mind selling steak for a kings ransom, but heaven forbid, they paid anyone, besides the head chef, anything above minium wage. Fucking wankers. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Those three little words that mean so much...

"Outlook not responding"

How many hours of my life have I wasted with that shite?  Microsoft is the second-worst MS, but it's close.

Do you use Internet Explorer you cunt? 

I was in work the other day and sent some figures to another couple of managers, indicating a couple of staff were giving out more fails than the rest of the team. I flagged that they may want to have a look at it and was there any reason they could think this may be happening, as it was impacting new starters.

A week or so later, my boss pulls me into a meeting asking why i have sent this email. The ones i had sent it to had only gone a cried to their boss, saying that i was suggesting their staff don't know how to do their jobs and i was they need development.

I ended up getting a bollocking, saying i shouldn't be looking into the data and i have other things i should be doing. Even had a go at me for finishing some work i had to do, the day before the deadline. I said i dont understand, i completed it by the deadline.  My boss said thats not the point, you could have done it earlier. I replied and said the work wasnt getting reviewed until after the deadline, to which she said thats not the point, and i stopped arguing the toss.

30 minutes ago, John102 said:

I was in work the other day and sent some figures to another couple of managers, indicating a couple of staff were giving out more fails than the rest of the team. I flagged that they may want to have a look at it and was there any reason they could think this may be happening, as it was impacting new starters.

A week or so later, my boss pulls me into a meeting asking why i have sent this email. The ones i had sent it to had only gone a cried to their boss, saying that i was suggesting their staff don't know how to do their jobs and i was they need development.

I ended up getting a bollocking, saying i shouldn't be looking into the data and i have other things i should be doing. Even had a go at me for finishing some work i had to do, the day before the deadline. I said i dont understand, i completed it by the deadline.  My boss said thats not the point, you could have done it earlier. I replied and said the work wasnt getting reviewed until after the deadline, to which she said thats not the point, and i stopped arguing the toss.

He's obviously shagging one of the people on your hate list. Oh and he's clearly a cunt. Email him that. The cunt 

19 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Those three little words that mean so much...

"Outlook not responding"

How many hours of my life have I wasted with that shite?  Microsoft is the second-worst MS, but it's close.

Try webmail version of outlook when it's doing this, it's far more reliable, the tradeoff being it doesn't have the same functionality. 

38 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

People who say “I have done a complete 360 degree on this issue” It means you’re back where you started. Should be a 180 degree. It  was mentioned on a radio phone in tonight and I had never thought of it before. Now it annoys me. 

Absolute radio?

22 hours ago, John102 said:

This post has confirmed to me, that people that work in offices, clearly haven't grown up, and seem to speak in a different language as well......

I can barely make head nor tail of some of the stuff you're on about. 

13 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

People who say “I have done a complete 360 degree on this issue” It means you’re back where you started. Should be a 180 degree. It  was mentioned on a radio phone in tonight and I had never thought of it before. Now it annoys me. 

It annoys me that you’ve only just realised that it’s incorrect to be honest. It also annoys me even more that you picked up said annoyance from a radio show - regurgitated annoyance. And even more than all that, it annoys me that you’ve posted it on here without it even having time to marinate with you. 

The fight is real mate. Don’t make a mockery of it with second hand irritations that haven’t ground your gears yet. Shame on you.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Remmie said:

Try webmail version of outlook when it's doing this, it's far more reliable, the tradeoff being it doesn't have the same functionality. 

I wouldn't know about that. We've got an IT department who take care of that shit.  I suppose it's their fault, really.  Next time I'm in , I'm going to punch one of them in the back of the head. Probably Sue, she's the smallest.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I wouldn't know about that. We've got an IT department who take care of that shit.  I suppose it's their fault, really.  Next time I'm in , I'm going to punch one of them in the back of the head. Probably Sue, she's the smallest.

I work in IT, issues with Outlook come up all the time in my job (well they did in my last place). You just temporarily log into your work email via the Internet while it is giving you that error if you just need to send an email and bugger off

44 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

This is a fair point but you ruined it by saying ”to be honest” . That annoys me. It implies the statement is an exception and the rest of the time the speaker is dishonest. I regularly point this out to people. 

It doesn’t imply that at all - you inferred it.

It merely expresses an intention to speak frankly.

That’s it now. I’ve done a 360 on my opinion of you.

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The young people in my office seem to regard working from home on a Monday or Friday as an inalienable human right. I had a new client pitch on monday about 15 miles from the office and the young woman in our office refused to come along becuase it was her “working from home day”. 

Haha, that is taking the piss. Would she have refused to go if it was a working in the office day?

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The young people in my office seem to regard working from home on a Monday or Friday as an inalienable human right. I had a new client pitch on monday about 15 miles from the office and the young woman in our office refused to come along becuase it was her “working from home day”. 

This is code for 'I am not properly dressed and I am watching the telly all day.' The day would be over by the time she was ready anyhow.

4 hours ago, Curly said:

It annoys me that you’ve only just realised that it’s incorrect to be honest. It also annoys me even more that you picked up said annoyance from a radio show - regurgitated annoyance. And even more than all that, it annoys me that you’ve posted it on here without it even having time to marinate with you. 

The fight is real mate. Don’t make a mockery of it with second hand irritations that haven’t ground your gears yet. Shame on you.

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

These posts are a lot more snide and snark than light and funny that I was aiming for. Apologies @Captain Willard - wasn’t meant to be an outright dig at you mate. Sorry