You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I’m forever baffled at the amount of mess my missus can make in the kitchen when she cooks. I don’t even think it belongs in this thread. It used to annoy the shit out of me. I’d survey the damage and be privately fucking fuming for a few minutes, wondering how hard it could be to tidy up as she went along. But then I’d put some tunes on and get on with fixing it. 

It’s gone way past annoyance now and I’ve come to accept the sad fact that this is my dessert if I’m to find my tea on the table. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

"We’re very sorry your delivery is late. We apologise for the inconvenience."

Apparently it's "in transit". Nice and vague.

Look out for a Transit.

Anyway, little things that annoy the shit out of me, #434413495325. When viewing this forum on my laptop, I have to click on the Twitter links people post to know what they're about, yet on my phone the full Tweet shows up automatically, making it easier to decide whether to swerve it or not.

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m forever baffled at the amount of mess my missus can make in the kitchen when she cooks. I don’t even think it belongs in this thread. It used to annoy the shit out of me. I’d survey the damage and be privately fucking fuming for a few minutes, wondering how hard it could be to tidy up as she went along. But then I’d put some tunes on and get on with fixing it. 

It’s gone way past annoyance now and I’ve come to accept the sad fact that this is my dessert if I’m to find my tea on the table. 

My Mrs can make a bog-standard meal and leave the kitchen looking like Hiroshima.

By the time my meals are ready to eat, the kitchen is usually tidier than when I started cooking.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mine is the same. If you open a tin of tomatoes is it easier to put the empty tin in the bin, or put the lid in the sink and leave the tin on the chopping board?

Is it a coincidence that we have a loose whoever does the cooking doesn’t have to do the washing up rule?