You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

35 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Apparently the chemicals in swimming pools don't naturally smell. If you get the stench of chlorine, that means the pool's full of piss, as it reacts to it.

Are you sure?  I’ve used sodium hypochlorite on my patio and it fucking stinks. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Apparently the chemicals in swimming pools don't naturally smell. If you get the stench of chlorine, that means the pool's full of piss, as it reacts to it.

Jesus. Scotchbarn baths in Prescot fucking reeked of chlorine when I was a kid. I always assumed that was a good thing. 

35 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sounds like someone's pissing on your patio mate.

Hahahaha

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Jesus. Scotchbarn baths in Prescot fucking reeked of chlorine when I was a kid. I always assumed that was a good thing. 

Hahahaha

I remember my dad taking me to Dovecot baths when I was  kid. 

We got changed, went to the pool, a fucking big turd floated past, dressed again and home.

We never went back.

The water in the small pool was green, fuck knows what was lying below the surface in there.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We got changed, went to the pool, a fucking big turd floated past, dressed again and home.

We never went back.

The water in the small pool was green, fuck knows what was lying below the surface in there.

Hahahaha, grim. Turdseye had clearly been in before you. 

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We never went back.

Ha! reminds me of the time we went to Southport baths about 1962. Arl fella couldnt swim so went with my uncle who made me a red. It had old style wooden sloping steps in the shallow end as opposed to the vertical upright against the bath wall.

The steps were slippy as fuck but I didnt know that until I got on the 2nd step. Then went arse over tit and was under the water for what seemed ages until uncle grabbed my arm and pulled me up. Stuck my inflatable ring under my arms double quick after that!

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ha! reminds me of the time we went to Southport baths about 1962. Arl fella couldnt swim so went with my uncle who made me a red. It had old style wooden sloping steps in the shallow end as opposed to the vertical upright against the bath wall.

The steps were slippy as fuck but I didnt know that until I got on the 2nd step. Then went arse over tit and was under the water for what seemed ages until uncle grabbed my arm and pulled me up. Stuck my inflatable ring under my arms double quick after that!

That'll be all the piss then.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

This would have been in the late 60's. 

We moved to Skem in 1969, so before then.

We were on a weekend away in some caravan in Essex somewhere a few years back, can’t remember exactly where. I just remember it was shite. 

The only good thing they had there was an on site swimming pool with the inflatable obstacle course stuff. Turdsette must have only been about three maybe. Anyway, we were queuing up in the water to get on the inflatable, we get to the steps and out of nowhere she just vomited this horrible milky looking puke twice. It was fucking disgusting. Nobody had noticed so as it started floating away I just picked her up, climbed the steps and fucked off sharpish. Never went back to the pool. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We were on a weekend away in some caravan in Essex somewhere a few years back, can’t remember exactly where. I just remember it was shite. 

The only good thing they had there was an on site swimming pool with the inflatable obstacle course stuff. Turdsette must have only been about three maybe. Anyway, we were queuing up in the water to get on the inflatable, we get to the steps and out of nowhere she just vomited this horrible milky looking puke twice. It was fucking disgusting. Nobody had noticed so as it started floating away I just picked her up, climbed the steps and fucked off sharpish. Never went back to the pool. 

Fucking crying here

16 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

We never went back.

I have those memories of Lodge Lane Baths. Maybe it was just me with dodgy guts as a kid.

5 hours ago, niallers said:

Speaking of pissing, trying to piss through a hard on isn't a pleasant experience. Especially in the middle of the night. Assuming the ski jump position whilst trying to hit the bowl in the dark is really annoying! 

It won't go flaccid until after you piss either, annoying.