You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

So I was just in my local Morrisons, making my way through the vegetable section and heading over to where they keep their more interesting stock. 

For some reason my lips were dry so, as you do, I unleashed my tongue and started licking them. 

At that exact moment a middle aged, slightly portly, chap who was stocking one of the vegetable shelves (potatoes I think, but I can’t be sure), looked up and caught my eye.

For all the world, it would have looked like I was licking my lips at him. He looked away. 

It’s as annoying as shit when that happens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

So I was just in my local Morrisons, making my way through the vegetable section and heading over to where they keep their more interesting stock. 

For some reason my lips were dry so, as you do, I unleashed my tongue and started licking them. 

At that exact moment a middle aged, slightly portly, chap who was stocking one of the vegetable shelves (potatoes I think, but I can’t be sure), looked up and caught my eye.

For all the world, it would have looked like I was licking my lips at him. He looked away. 

Yeah, I agree with you, I hate it when they look away.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

You had your cock out didn't you. Prudes everywhere 

• Upvote 3

Pictures accompanying articles about crimes -  some times they show the victim, and other times the criminal. There should be an accepted norm.

The headline will read "Vicious monster murders father of two", and I see the picture and think yeah, obvious ne'erdowell, look at the neanderthal brow, beady eyes and slack jaw. Then when you open the article you realise that's the poor sod who was killed.

• Upvote 3

The flagrant transparency of a class system in airport passport control. All the rich countries passengers get a quick queue with a biometric automated option and shitloads of customs officers. The rest are put in a huge 2 hour queue and sent off to a naughty corner if the officer doesn't like their answers. Exhausted children treated like cattle. Particularly galling after a delayed flight arrives at 2am.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Pictures accompanying articles about crimes -  some times they show the victim, and other times the criminal. There should be an accepted norm.

The headline will read "Vicious monster murders father of two", and I see the picture and think yeah, obvious ne'erdowell, look at the neanderthal brow, beady eyes and slack jaw. Then when you open the article you realise that's the poor sod who was killed.

It almost seems justified in some cases?

My arse literally annoys the shit out of me. The meds I’m on are bad for my guts. 

I’m meant to be going swimming with the kids soon and I’ve got the wild shites. I’ve wiped my arse so much that I’ve drawn blood. Need to think very carefully about which swimming shorts I’m gonna wear…

What could go wrong?

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My arse literally annoys the shit out of me. The meds I’m on are bad for my guts. 

I’m meant to be going swimming with the kids soon and I’ve got the wild shites. I’ve wiped my arse so much that I’ve drawn blood. Need to think very carefully about which swimming shorts I’m gonna wear…

What could go wrong?

Have you tried Fybogel? You can get the sachets from Amazon, but I think it can also be prescribed as well. It's good for bulking your waste and stopping diarrhoea. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What meds? Imodium are the standard anti diarrhoea meds sold in shops.

These. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325954

The first few weeks while my body was adjusting to them were grim. It’s partly my own doing because they’re recommended to be had with food and I don’t eat breakfast. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

These. 

The first few weeks while my body was adjusting to them were grim. It’s partly my own doing because they’re recommended to be had with food and I don’t eat breakfast. 

They dont give you much option either way. Feel like shit if you dont take them,have the shits if you do. I'd speak to your quack about alternatives or a lower strength,if possible. I dont think the food thing matters too much,unless you've noticed it does? But milk can sometimes be substituted for food when taking meds.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

They dont give you much option either way. Feel like shit if you dont take them,have the shits if you do. I'd speak to your quack about alternatives or a lower strength,if possible. I dont think the food thing matters too much,unless you've noticed it does? But milk can sometimes be substituted for food when taking meds.

The alternative is to inject myself every day. Fuck that. 

I’ll smother my arsehole with Cetavlex when I get home. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Start thinking like that and you’d never go swimming again. 

Very true. My nan used to take me the baths once a fortnight when I was a kid, must have been over 50s cheap on a Tuesday or something because it was full of arl women and me swimming around in probably 40% piss 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

These. 

I wish that was around when my MS was treatable. 

I was on Copaxone (Glatiramer acetate) which was a daily injection for about 14 years.

Part of me was glad when they told me it wasn't having any effect any more and took me off it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

I wish that was around when my MS was treatable. 

I was on Copaxone (Glatiramer acetate) which was a daily injection for about 14 years.

Part of me was glad when they told me it wasn't having any effect any more and took me off it.

Out of rep, mate. Yeah, it was pretty much brand new when I started out. 

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Out of rep, mate. Yeah, it was pretty much brand new when I started out. 

My missus has a twice yearly infusion, though she has very mild symptoms and is probably different to you. I'll ask her what the name of it is when she's back tonight. She tolerates it very well and certainly doesn't have the side effects you're getting. 

With regard to Fybogel, it's more a treatment for IBS and by the sounds of it wouldn't be too much help for you. Worth asking your consultant or GP though, they should give you something to help with the side effects.

• Upvote 1