You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

The passport office.

Need to renew mine. Went to Tesco and sat on a stool while a nice lady took lots of pictures of me and put them into her system that checks whether they are passport approved standard. First lot werent, so she did them again, big tick on screen stating passport/driving license approved.

Send them off.

£75 comes out of my account.

Letter arrives telling me the photos are not acceptable as they are too dark- frustrating, but hey ho.

Dont do anything for a day or two as been busy.

Get another letter from passport office, this time with a thinly veiled threatening tone outlining how it was unfortunate that their previous letter had not been responded to. They remind me that photos are not acceptable and if I do not respond within 7 days the application will be cancelled, my £75 will not be refunded and I will pay another £75 for new application.  

I get that I need to sort the new photos but the cheeky bastards took the £75 before informing the application couldnt proceed.

Fascists

Do you have a photocard driving licence? If you do your passport application online, it might ask you if you want to use the photo from your driving licence, and it transfers it to your passport application when you put in your DL details. Saves a lot of hassle.

You'll have to double-check this online, as I did it the other way around, renewing my driving licence using my passport photo electronically. This is a few years ago now so I can't remember if it only gives you this option if there is a smallish gap between the renewal dates. In my case it was a gap of 4 years and my appearance hadn't changed significantly enough to warrant getting a new set of photos.

Do you have a photocard driving licence? If you do your passport application online, it might ask you if you want to use the photo from your driving licence, and it transfers it to your passport application when you put in your DL details. Saves a lot of hassle.

You'll have to double-check this online, as I did it the other way around, renewing my driving licence using my passport photo electronically. This is a few years ago now so I can't remember if it only gives you this option if there is a smallish gap between the renewal dates. In my case it was a gap of 4 years and my appearance hadn't changed significantly enough to warrant getting a new set of photos.

Im pretty sure it only works from passport-driving license.

Cheers anyway.

I really wanted to call them or write back saying :

Dear Facsit bully boys,

Thank you for your patronising letter and for taking funds for a service you have not completed whilst threatening to cancel the whole thing and keep my money. How about I send you some more photos and then set you a fucking a timeframe to return it to me?  

Like anyone looks at your passport anyway you fraudsters.

Fuck off.

Yours Faithfully

Mr Calm and Rational

PS You all stink of shit   

People using initials all the time because they can't be arsed to write out the whole word.

I read some other forums & you get people listing films, albums & songs by initials so you have to spend 20 minutes trying to work out what they're on about.

Pain in the arse.

Bought a couple of shirts from Reiss and their xl is basically a large with long sleeves. Every shirt that they ever make is a slim fit one which means you have to have arms like Mr tickle and a stomach like a malnourished smack head.

When did wearing no socks and white trainers with suits become fashionable as well?

Have you been watching old Dr Who’s? Rose dies.

People using initials all the time because they can't be arsed to write out the whole word.

I read some other forums & you get people listing films, albums & songs by initials so you have to spend 20 minutes trying to work out what they're on about.

Pain in the arse.

They did it that on one of the music threads on here.

Turns out GFW was a a hell of an album and UJL defined its genre

• Upvote 1

People who use words in e-mails or articles that they clearly either no idea what they mean or use them in the wrong context simply for purposes of vanity.

I just read an e-mail on a site dedicated to the unmentionable that described bearing witness to the rise in standard of the Asian game as 'inexorable'. It's epidemic among those with a WordPress page who fancy themselves as a journalist, often at the expense of cadence, structure and conciseness. Often it's counter-productive because the argument itself is undermined by how jarring something reads.

A piece can still be challenging, thoughtful and well-written even if you're keeping it simple with regard to language. It feels like this is something more people need to realise.

• Upvote 1

People who use words in e-mails or articles that they clearly either no idea what they mean or use them in the wrong context simply for purposes of vanity.

I just read an e-mail on a site dedicated to the unmentionable that described bearing witness to the rise in standard of the Asian game as 'inexorable'. It's epidemic among those with a WordPress page who fancy themselves as a journalist, often at the expense of cadence, structure and conciseness. Often it's counter-productive because the argument itself is undermined by how jarring something reads.

A piece can still be challenging, thoughtful and well-written even if you're keeping it simple with regard to language. It feels like this is something more people need to realise.

Fuck yeah!

On the opposite side of that, when I can manage to get a big estate car or a van into a space no problem but some dimwit in something tiny can't seem to manage it.

These days I just drive around day to day in whatever I can look after easily or that I pick up cheap as I have the classics as something nice to take out occasionally for a fun drive out, but I always used to get pissed off when I did run nice stuff, or if I was in something I had for sale. I'd go into a massive car park and deliberately park as far away from the other cars as possible even if it was a massively long walk to the shop or whatever. Without fail I'd come outside and some fucker was parked inches away from me. 

Cadence?

Just opened one of them video on twitter where it starts normal then all of a sudden some birds getting nailed and screaming the fucking place down. It was really loud. Best of all, this has just happened on a packed train that I have only just got on and have half an hour left. To make it even better the calibration on my screen is a bit out so it took me about 4 seconds to turn the sound down. I laughed nervously and just said my mates just stitched me up sorry and not one cunt found it funny. Now they all think I'm Alan Sex and if this cunt near me doesn't blow his nose and stop sniffing I'm gonna start crying.

• Upvote 5

Just opened one of them video on twitter where it starts normal then all of a sudden some birds getting nailed and screaming the fucking place down. It was really loud. Best of all, this has just happened on a packed train that I have only just got on and have half an hour left. To make it even better the calibration on my screen is a bit out so it took me about 4 seconds to turn the sound down. I laughed nervously and just said my mates just stitched me up sorry and not one cunt found it funny. Now they all think I'm Alan Sex and if this cunt near me doesn't blow his nose and stop sniffing I'm gonna start crying.

Hahaha. Unlucky.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes, when I want to use a word that's on the fringes of my vocabulary, I'll open a new tab and check its definition. If it means what I want to say, I'll use it; if not, I'll use a different word.

It's not difficult, because when people are writing this stuff, they're already on the Internet.

Lazy fuckers.

Should have just whipped your old chap out and gone for broke.

If the cunts are going to judge anyway, give them something to think about. Sniffy won't be so clever with a blob of manfat hanging off the end of his nose.

Should have just whipped your old chap out and gone for broke.

If the cunts are going to judge anyway, give them something to think about. Sniffy won't be so clever with a blob of manfat hanging off the end of his nose.

I should have mate

Could have have been a fella getting nailed so small blessings.