You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle

Barnesey

International football might have a part to play, how many of Newcastle's team were away?

However, I'm not having that as an excuse for picking wrong passes time and time again.

We couldn't/didnt get close to them in midfield, that's not on, it's obvious that Henderson and Gerrard as a pair aren't going to be a safe option, ever. We missed Lucas badly, simple as that.

Moses was wank. Suarez was mostly wank as well. Skrtel didn't inspire confidence either, though he had a mare in midweek for Slovakia apparently, so we should have seen that coming.

Surprise surprise, ALberto came on and we looked better. On what planet it Moses a better option than Alberto in the attacking midfield role?

That said, Newcastle will never score a couple of luckier goals in one game. The first goes without saying, that was a demonic swerve, but the second was infuriatingly fortunate to land plum on his foot when he couldn't have seen it. 99 times out of 100 that doesn't happen.

It's annoying to think that we have Borini languishing at Sunderland, I'd have hooked Suarez at half time. He looked knackered and everything seemed to break down when he touched it.

I really don't know what to think of that performance, it troubles me that we seem content to play in this haphazard way where the central midfield offer zero goal threat. Cabaye and Sissoko showed a couple of times just what it's like when your midfielders are a goal threat from open play, even if the shots don't go in, anything can happen when you shoot. I wasn't annoyed with Alberto shooting at the end, I was more annoyed that it took us 80 minutes to put someone on the park who was willing to shoot from the edge of the area. We honestly deserve a better midfielder than Henderson, I think I've reached my limit with him now. Yes, lovely running Jordan, but you're just so ineffective mate, it's over, go settle down at Fulham or something.

We'll look a lot better with Coutinho back, but I dearly want to see Allen back as well, someone somewhere in the middle of the pitch must know what Rodgers wants to see, surely.

I hope that Henry has a sit down with Rodgers and the transfer team about Aspas, Illori and Borini, because I'm struggling to see why we've sold Downing etc and come back from the market with 'magic' fucking beans once more. Just because we didn't come back with Mkhitaryan doesn't mean we needed to jizz a load of money against the transfer window in some spite wank.

Rodgers was quite vocal this week about coaches being a big reason for the lack of great British players, and he's going to have to be careful if we keep dialling in performances like this because this isn't the honeymoon period anymore mate, this is serious, we're in with a fucking shout of CL football this season unless you fuck it up spectacularly. And as big a fan I am of you Brendan, football is about doing the right things at the right time, and this Summer will be put in perspective by this JAnuary's actions and our position in May. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt at the moment, but two years is a good period to hope to see real progress, so I look forward to lifting the lid on this slow-cooker in May to see what two seasons of Rodgers has produced.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Moses is a winger at best. He's just not bright enough for a central position. For every good thing he did he did two fucking dismal things, mostly ending in presenting possession to a Newcastle cunt. In short, he's too fucking thick for midfield.

Blame Rodgers. Moses is an upgrade on Downing.

So why play him in the middle?

Bonkers.

funneeeeeeeee

7 of newcastles team are French - I think they played in france - 25mins by plane.  don't think all those 7 were called up though  

doubt the rest played anywhere !

we had quite a lot travelling all over the world

Armchair fans  - biggest knobheads around

Done nothing

Seen nothing

Fucking knobheads

No fuck all about football u gormless pricks

We would have give anything to be in the position we are in this time last season you no nothing cunts

What about people who were match goers but can't afford to go now?

Turn it in, it's fucking boring.

I don't understand why I am having to defend LIVERPOOL FC and its players on a 'allegedly' Liverpool website

You need to look at yourselves and question your commitment

You don't ' have ' to do anything. What you are doing is making yourself look like a massive jizz gargler, but I suspect this is a normal occurrence for you.

It's a fucking discussion forum for people to discuss things good and bad. If they want to moan about something they can. Fuck off over to RAWK you might find people more in line with your thinking over there.

I was led to believe this site was more of a true reflection of LFC fans ......

none of my match going friends would be so vocally opposed to the manager/team in such a public forum

add to that you had a S*N reporter as one of your main contributors for years it doesn't seem that much of an LFC site

International football might have a part to play, how many of Newcastle's team were away?

However, I'm not having that as an excuse for picking wrong passes time and time again.

We couldn't/didnt get close to them in midfield, that's not on, it's obvious that Henderson and Gerrard as a pair aren't going to be a safe option, ever. We missed Lucas badly, simple as that.

Moses was wank. Suarez was mostly wank as well. Skrtel didn't inspire confidence either, though he had a mare in midweek for Slovakia apparently, so we should have seen that coming.

Surprise surprise, ALberto came on and we looked better. On what planet it Moses a better option than Alberto in the attacking midfield role?

That said, Newcastle will never score a couple of luckier goals in one game. The first goes without saying, that was a demonic swerve, but the second was infuriatingly fortunate to land plum on his foot when he couldn't have seen it. 99 times out of 100 that doesn't happen.

It's annoying to think that we have Borini languishing at Sunderland, I'd have hooked Suarez at half time. He looked knackered and everything seemed to break down when he touched it.

I really don't know what to think of that performance, it troubles me that we seem content to play in this haphazard way where the central midfield offer zero goal threat. Cabaye and Sissoko showed a couple of times just what it's like when your midfielders are a goal threat from open play, even if the shots don't go in, anything can happen when you shoot. I wasn't annoyed with Alberto shooting at the end, I was more annoyed that it took us 80 minutes to put someone on the park who was willing to shoot from the edge of the area. We honestly deserve a better midfielder than Henderson, I think I've reached my limit with him now. Yes, lovely running Jordan, but you're just so ineffective mate, it's over, go settle down at Fulham or something.

We'll look a lot better with Coutinho back, but I dearly want to see Allen back as well, someone somewhere in the middle of the pitch must know what Rodgers wants to see, surely.

I hope that Henry has a sit down with Rodgers and the transfer team about Aspas, Illori and Borini, because I'm struggling to see why we've sold Downing etc and come back from the market with 'magic' fucking beans once more. Just because we didn't come back with Mkhitaryan doesn't mean we needed to jizz a load of money against the transfer window in some spite wank.

Rodgers was quite vocal this week about coaches being a big reason for the lack of great British players, and he's going to have to be careful if we keep dialling in performances like this because this isn't the honeymoon period anymore mate, this is serious, we're in with a fucking shout of CL football this season unless you fuck it up spectacularly. And as big a fan I am of you Brendan, football is about doing the right things at the right time, and this Summer will be put in perspective by this JAnuary's actions and our position in May. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt at the moment, but two years is a good period to hope to see real progress, so I look forward to lifting the lid on this slow-cooker in May to see what two seasons of Rodgers has produced.

This is a long one. And oh yes Alberto i almost forgot about him, he did seems to lift the game a bit after coming on. But bringing a pair of fresh legs against the tiring 10 men Newscastle, i would say anyone subbed on would have lift the game a bit. 

You don't ' have ' to do anything. What you are doing is making yourself look like a massive jizz gargler, but I suspect this is a normal occurrence for you.

It's a fucking discussion forum for people to discuss things good and bad. If they want to moan about something they can. Fuck off over to RAWK you might find people more in line with your thinking over there.

So can you not find ANY positives from being top of the league you whining cunt ?

• Upvote 1

I was led to believe this site was more of a true reflection of LFC fans ......

none of my match going friends would be so vocally opposed to the manager/team in such a public forum

add to that you had a S*N reporter as one of your main contributors for years it doesn't seem that much of an LFC site

Hey, look at me everyone. Me and my mates can still afford to go the game. We're so much better than you.

Maca, you are a boring sod.

So can you not find ANY positives from being top of the league you whining cunt ?

I think you'll find I haven't whined anywhere on this thread, but like most games, there are some positives and some negatives. Drawing 2-2 against a shit Newcastle side who played for over half the game with ten men is going to throw up negatives that people want to discuss.

Now, I've got your Ma here to entertain, so if you don't mind...

Hey, look at me everyone. Me and my mates can still afford to go the game.

Maca, you are a boring sod.

Listen Tony I'm not here to preach we all struggle to get the game these days

I'm just saying this time last year we was 15 points off top and now we are top and playing 'quite well' everyone is still moaning

we've had A slip up today but the travelling the players have done and little time to prepare could be mitigating circumstances

We are going in the right direction but it wont happen over night

no implosion lad

We are top of the league almost a quarter of the way into the season - and we have 'fans' complaining

Pisses me off

Sky generation I suppose ....

I'm far from Sky generation, first match 1971. We are playing appalling football, last season we weren't. There hasn't been a game so far where we have looked really good, I'll be more than happy with a few lucky wins in a season but it can't be sustained.

If we were looking like having a bit of coherence to our play I'd be less vocal- I've been a big fan of Rodgers - but I don't see what is going on and I can only comment on what I see.

• Upvote 1