You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season is now under way, what can we expect this season?

Code

Personally I dont see anything in either Suarez or Sturridge's game I particulary think is down to them being coached by Rodgers or playing in a Rodgers team.

What kind of things would you expect to see?

Suarez pre-Rodgers = 15 goals in 44 games (1 in 2.93)

Suarez with Rodgers = 26 goals in 34 games (1 in 1.31)

Sturridge pre-Rodgers = 26 goals in 96 games (1 in 3.69)

Sturridge with Rodgers = 16 goals in 21 games (1 in 1.31)

So apart from the fact that Suarez and Sturridge have both more than doubled their number of goals playing in a Rodgers team, what other things would you be expecting to see that would demonstrate a difference in their games?

Genuine question like.

• Upvote 4

Just seen this edit. Do we really want to get into the team he inherited? Which was in near relegation form for half a season? Ah, fuck it, I'm not doing this again. I get it, you don't rate the guy and he can do no right. Fine.

He has taken a step this season by not being so so overly naive in his tactics, something I'm well pleased with, he needs to find a middle way though as we now sit back too much and we do not really create close to the amount of chances we hjave done the last few seasons.

I cant remember me being very critical of Rodgers this season  apart from when it comes to his signings, his priorities in the transfer market and him being a bit of a knob and talking a lot of shite but that has got little to do with our style of play where I have been very clear on what we have needed to improve.

• Upvote 1

Suarez in Kenny's last season

PL only, Played 29 Sub 2 Scored 11

Rodgers last season

PL Only,Played 33 Sub 0 Goals 23

I make that more than twice as many goals in the same games. Stats eh.

Read what I wrote.

• Upvote 1

He has taken a step this season by not being so so overly naive in his tactics, something I'm well pleased with, he needs to find a middle way though as we now sit back too much and we do not really create close to the amount of chances we hjave done the last few seasons.

I cant remember me being very critical of Rodgers this season  apart from when it comes to his signings, his priorities in the transfer market and him being a bit of a knob and talking a lot of shite but that has got little to do with our style of play where I have been very clear on what we have needed to improve.

Code, you are a prick, we all get that. 

Apart from that, why don't you just fuck off?

That's all; 

• Upvote 3

You intimated Suarez scored as many goals under Kenny in his last season than for Rodgers in his first, no ?

I said before and after the Evra case.

He scored 4 PL goals in his first 7 PL games before the mancs game and he scored 5 PL goals in his last 7 PL that season or 9 PL goals in 14 PL games.

In between Suarez had the Evra case hanging heavily on his neck but I guess that means nothing.

I said after our defeat against Southampton, that Premier League has become very difficult, all clubs have quality and no game is easy.

We deserved one point against Southampton, after we denied that penalty and now we would be top of the league alone, but most of you were writing revisionist, delusional nonsense that we should be winning against Southampton regardless the ref. Well NO we shouldn't, the league is very tough and you can see it. You saw what happened with Spurs today. 

No game is easy. Our fanbase though, lives on another planet. Planet nonsense.

He scored 4 PL goals in his first 7 PL games before the mancs game and he scored 5 PL goals in his last 7 PL that season or 9 PL goals in 14 PL games.

In between Suarez had the Evra case hanging heavily on his neck but I guess that means nothing.

I think that's a fair point.

Strikers need confidence, they need to feel good and he was under a lot of pressure and scrutiny at the time which could have affected his form.

Oh sorry I thought you were referring to the fact he had scored more for Kenny when asked about his goalscoring under Brendan, I think we all did. So he scored as many before and after the Evra case despite the pressure, got ya.

What has this to do with Rodgers and the discussion over his better scoring rate under him.

9 in14 is a strike rate of 0.64. Suarez has 26 in 35 in the league under Rodgers which is a strike rate of 0.74. So using Code's stats his strike rate is higher under Rodgers even when compared against his most prolific spell under Kenny.

Silly me, its all because of Rodgers, in his spare time he also coaches Uruguay.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So neither Kenny nor Rogers needed to improve him as he was always going to score goals no matter what, pity we couldn't sign another dozen who require no coaching and rely merely on ability and occasional lapses in sanity to get them through.

You'll have to enlighten me on the woodwork , but I'm guessing about the same either side of the Evra case ?

• Upvote 1

9 in14 is a strike rate of 0.64. Suarez has 26 in 35 in the league under Rodgers which is a strike rate of 0.74. So using Code's stats his strike rate is higher under Rodgers even when compared against his most prolific spell under Kenny.

You're not counting how many times he hit the post. Which count as goals. Except when they don't count as goals. Which is almost always. In fact; always.

Stats are simple, you see.

Silly me, its all because of Rodgers, in his spare time he also coaches Uruguay.

You are tilting at false strawmen here Code.

No-one has said Suarez's improved scoring rate is all down to Rodgers and that he deserves all the credit.  

Some people have just pointed out the Suarez (and Sturridge) have scored at a higher rate in Rodgers' team than previously in their careers.  That is true.  You are the only one trying to mangle the argument that it is all down to the manager.

• Upvote 2

What if Kenny Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers are both good men. Who have both contributed to Suarez's development but not as much as Suarez, who at 26 is getting closer and closer to his peak, has himself through his own efforts. What if they both deserve credit and both give all that they have to doing their best for LFC and the only people who don't deserve any credit are the kind of cunts who get into these kindergarten discussions?

I mean the factors that go into the rate at which players settle and at what rate they develop, improve and when they hit their peak and when they are in form, are long and many. We aren't even privvy to quite a few of them. This is such a shit discussion. Christ sometimes I wonder why we have so many fans who, no matter how well LFC is doing will always find some stupid shit to squabble over and a way to suck the fucking joy out of it.

• Upvote 6

What if Kenny Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers are both good men. Who have both contributed to Suarez's development but not as much as Suarez, who at 26 is getting closer and closer to his peak, has himself through his own efforts. What if they both deserve credit and both give all that they have to doing their best for LFC and the only people who don't deserve any credit are the kind of cunts who get into these kindergarten discussions?

I mean the factors that go into the rate at which players settle and at what rate they develop, improve and when they hit their peak and when they are in form, are long and many. We aren't even privvy to quite a few of them. This is such a shit discussion. Christ sometimes I wonder why we have so many fans who, no matter how well LFC is doing will always find some stupid shit to squabble over and a way to suck the fucking joy out of it.

Good post Lucozade

Ive missed the vids you used to post mate, they were much appreciated..

So what's your position on him? I'm not playing dumb here, I'm genuinely interested. I see you having all sorts of pops at him, but in no sense do I get that you want him to stay in the job.

I see this was skipped over...

An expectation thread turns into a farce as per. We've definitely progressed and that's entirely down to Rodgers.

Simple answer, top 4 and a cup run if the draw is favourable.

Fa Cup runs are all down to luck, if we would get the teams Chelsea had gotten last season, we would get into the semi finals, or even the finals.

If we could sign just one quality midfielder in January, and avoid any major injuries to our starting 11, fourth would be a possibility considering how other teams are flapping once every few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free