You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs away match thread.

moof

Well Ive always given Rodgers a clean slate even though he was second choice and had done nothing to merit the job. Even though this is practically an experiment executed at the leisure of the owners. 

So far he has not shown he has what it takes.that question still remains, doesnt look to me like he is going to finish above Arsenal Spurs and if he doesnt finish above Everton then he will relinquish any remaining hopes I have about him and should surely be removed from his job?

The owner's transfer and wage policy doesnt help mind, I normally ignore the league for the first ten games but I suspect we've now turned the corner after the usual getting carried away after 3 games.

The rep count thing is down to the sheer amount of brendan/FSG cheerleaders. The spice girls had more number 1s than pink floyd so I dont worry.

• Upvote 4

haha!  True that, Den T.  I'd wait 10 games though before calling it a day on this season.  FSG are shysters, but nothing's going to change until they sell up.  And they won't do that until there's someone who wants to buy us.  I still think that with a bit of luck and a following wind that we can finish 5th.  Praise Be!

Fucking gutted we lost this game. They were rubbish for most of the game and still got away with the win due to our failure to do something as simple as marking a player who isn't that much of a threat on set pieces. And at the other end every player resembled Cisse at the same place some years ago when they got the chance to score.

And yet again we looked crap in the dying minutes of the game. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to make a final push for a goal at the end of the game we are losing?

Love watching us piss around with a throw-in in our own half with 30 seconds left of a game we're losing.

Im glad i wasnt the only one to see that. No passion to get at them in them last 5 mins.

I cant believe some of the utter shite being spouted in the match thread.

Having missed the Sunderland game and seen the reaction on here, and then watched tonight and seen the reaction. We must have been truly diabolical against the mackems.

Im glad i wasnt the only one to see that. No passion to get at them in them last 5 mins.

I cant believe some of the utter shite being spouted in the match thread.

Having missed the Sunderland game and seen the reaction on here, and then watched tonight and seen the reaction. We must have been truly diabolical against the mackems.

We play them on Sunday mate.

Brilliant atmosphere, the East Upper was rocking and a timely reminder of what a football match can generate.

The result was disappointing, but a win and single goal defeat against the league champions is no disgrace and King Brenny put out a full strength side to give it a good go.

We gave Luis maximum backing and he tried his best whilst looking a little ring rusty, but once again his fledgling partnership with Sturridge showed promise. KB’s cup record is abysmal so this exit was not unexpected yet there is still plenty to look forward to in terms of league progress.

Not a great result, thought it was a pretty even game.  Goal was down to individual errors Toure although maybe fouled should had just cleared for a throw, Gerrard misjudged flight of ball and Jose lost his man.

It's easy to play against us it seems, either press our defenders when they are playing tippy tappy or sit deep in numbers coz we have little creativity then when attack breaks down attack at us pace as we generally have over committed players in attack and have no pace in center midfield. 

It seemed unlikely that Suarez would play for LFC again, so that was one irrefutable positive from the match.

Shame Sturridge seemed to be out of sorts - I hope that's not a sign of things to come with Suarez back. Very frustrating last few minutes when we couldn't get the ball forward at all.

Sunday crucial as need to get back to winning ways - Kevin Ball will have Sunderland well up for it, but passion can only do so much. Hopefully they will feel the full wrath of Suarez.

Gerrard is by no way finished, but I would consider moving him to Lucas's role. 

So, anybody ready to admit that Gerrard has finished?  Superb player he was, but he's shite now.

I despair.  I really do.

No he wasn't fantastic, but I tell you what, if he was a new signing and that was his debut you'd be quietly pleased.  You'd be more worried about Sturridge, surely?

What a horrible thing to say.

It's not helping that we're playing Gerrard beside a player who's offering nothing at present.  A slow shadow of his former self that Lucas has become.  Guess that's what happens when you spend over £20m on midfielders that can't play Lucas's role.

35 million actually, and it's painful to even bare thinking about.

Gerrard's certainly not finished, but he needs to stop dialing in performances and start being the talismanic figure he used to be. Personally i have no idea why he's played as a holding midfielder, he should be an attacking midfielder until the day he retires.

Sentiment if I've ever seen it, he's fucking shite.  Loses the ball all the time, tries his horrible 50 yard pings which rarely come off and for some reason he's started to back out of challenges.  He proper bottled one on the weekend and again last night.  Probably because there's a world cup on the horizon.

I don't enjoy slating a man who is one of my all time favourite footballers, but he's terrible.  He plays on name alone.  If we have a fully fit squad, he should be nowhere near the first 11.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1