You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long can we carrry a player like Sterling?

Code

but at the same time when it came to renegotiating with their best young players they were winning things on a regular basis, as of yet we are not we are a work in progress. Players want to win things and will be much less willing to leave as they will be collecting the medals they crave( and a none too shabby wage to boot).

Let them fly - Sterling, Henderson, anyone else who feels they are not being offered adequate recompense for their efforts.  They have contributed to this team achieving the square root of fuck all.

If they leave, and the club suffers another massive dip, then the owners will get it right in the neck.  They will be aware of this.  

but at the same time when it came to renegotiating with their best young players they were winning things on a regular basis, as of yet we are not we are a work in progress. Players want to win things and will be much less willing to leave as they will be collecting the medals they crave( and a none too shabby wage to boot).

I don't agree with this, a player who was getting slagged off for being shit less than a year ago on this very thread has no business demanding success at the age of fucking 20 years of age. Seriously, how people can compare this to the Owen situation is astounding, this lad has done nothing - nothing - in the game of football. 

Personally I think he's already decided to leave, someone mentioned his mum wanted him back in London, sounds feasible to me, he's got arsenal written all over him.

I never mentioned Owen, I was responding to you saying Ferguson would never have stood for this. And just because fans were slagging him off means absolutle nothing, is Lucas as good or as bad as fans make out, same as Henderson. At the end of the day I want him tied to as long a contract as possible not because I don't want him to leave, its because he will leave and I want to rinse the buying club for every penny we can.

he has been an extremely highly regarded player at all levels he has played, and as long as he keeps focussed he will have an exceptional career, when I comes to his contract I will just have to trust the club, they will either pay him and maybe allow for other players to renegotiate for better terms or feel this will come round every 2 years and get shot.

I never mentioned Owen, I was responding to you saying Ferguson would never have stood for this. And just because fans were slagging him off means absolutle nothing, is Lucas as good or as bad as fans make out, same as Henderson. At the end of the day I want him tied to as long a contract as possible not because I don't want him to leave, its because he will leave and I want to rinse the buying club for every penny we can.

he has been an extremely highly regarded player at all levels he has played, and as long as he keeps focussed he will have an exceptional career, when I comes to his contract I will just have to trust the club, they will either pay him and maybe allow for other players to renegotiate for better terms or feel this will come round every 2 years and get shot.

Nah didn't say you did mate, but others have on this thread, also heard Ashley Cole mentioned. I just think Sterling hasn't done anything at all in the game compared to others who've tried to play their clubs the same way. It's unprecedented as far as I know, the shitbags usually have the good grace to at least get a couple of hairs on their upper lip first. If this was Everton we'd be laughing our tits off.

• Upvote 1

But the reason people are getting antsy is because they predict he'll be in that elite bracket. Losing a top player, and losing one who'll become a top player are equally galling.

Then you factor in our ability to replace him. Finding someone who can function anywhere in the front three, as a number ten or even as a wing back is rare. When we needed a striker, had CL football and £100m to burn, we ended up with Balo and Lambert.

If you think he'll never be a great player, then I can understand the dismay at us looking small time, but I think he's got his biggest leaps in development ahead of him, and if his career to date is any indication, he'll continue to get better.

• Upvote 1

Yep, let Paul Pogba leave and now he's worth £60 million.

Spot on, and I'll go on record as saying I think Sterling will be in this bracket in 3 years.

We'd be fools to let him go, but I don't think there's any serious risk of that happening.  He seems to like it, he must surely know that if he went to a "bigger" club that he'd rarely see the pitch and the way we're set up it's practically a dream for him.  There are whispers (which make a lot of sense to me) that his deal with his current agent expires in the summer and that he has decided to wait until then to sign a new deal.  Obviously could be bollocks but either way, he still has several years to go until his current contract expires.  I'm not worried at all.

Nah didn't say you did mate, but others have on this thread, also heard Ashley Cole mentioned. I just think Sterling hasn't done anything at all in the game compared to others who've tried to play their clubs the same way. It's unprecedented as far as I know, the shitbags usually have the good grace to at least get a couple of hairs on their upper lip first. If this was Everton we'd be laughing our tits off.

Yeah but none of the others had 5 kids to feed. I totally agree with your point about his earnings, he should be earning the same as Coutinho, still a very good wage.

• Upvote 1

I read that sterling's agent is breaking from the company he's with and setting up alone. He's looking to get other players on board with sterling obviously being his star candidate.

The story that sterling is looking to split from his current agent just doesnt sit with me. Surely if this was the case, he'd just tell the club from the outset wait until summer when Im dumping my agent? Why would sterling be arsed about who got the commission on his deal anyway?

Just trying to see any logic in it but I cant.

give the kid whatever hes asking for..............then sell the over rated dwarf runner for 30 million (some soft cunt will buy him!) and buy someone who can shoot,pass  and dribble

anyone rate the number 10 from Kiev? bloody brilliant against the bitters........think hes wasted out wide yplanko or whatever his name is ?

bored with this shite already. FSG want him to sign a new deal so they can sell him for Max [rofit in the next couple of seasons. He probably wants to leave because he thinks he's already better than Messi.

He is a top talent, but he's got to learn how to shoot. In any case, we can't afford to lose him.

Bored with this shite already yet again. I wish I was out on an adventure on the Alps with Scarlett Johansson and Gale Harold.  

• Upvote 2

give the kid whatever hes asking for..............then sell the over rated dwarf runner for 30 million (some soft cunt will buy him!) and buy someone who can shoot,pass  and dribble

anyone rate the number 10 from Kiev? bloody brilliant against the bitters........think hes wasted out wide yplanko or whatever his name is ?

Yarmoyplanko.

By being fucked over, I mean players spinning it out to the club and fans that they 'only want to be here' and 'looking to getting the contracted sorted asap' etc, etc when we all know, on the balance of probability, the player is biding their time and waiting for an interesting offer to be made to their agent.

It really is piss easy. Sterling tells his agent what his bottom line is, agent communicates this to the club, club says yes or no.

How far apart are they? The parties involved know this. They also know if there's room for movement. If there isnt now, its highly unlikely to be at the end of the season so let's not be kidded leaving until the end of the season will see it sorted.

I dont have a problem with players earning big bucks but the operative word is 'earning.' I personally dont think sterling is a game changing player. As such, I dont think he's a £100k+ a week player.

Just my opinion though.

But he has a very good chance of being a £100k+ a week player in 1-2 years, at 22 years old. Do you think we should cash in now for £40m max and hope to replace him with equal quality for £30m and probably £100k a week wages and pray he is a success or hold on to one of our best players, who is improving towards world class, versatile, fits the system and pay the extra £2m a year?

i know what I'd want.

But he has a very good chance of being a £100k+ a week player in 1-2 years, at 22 years old. Do you think we should cash in now for £40m max and hope to replace him with equal quality for £30m and probably £100k a week wages and pray he is a success or hold on to one of our best players, who is improving towards world class, versatile, fits the system and pay the extra £2m a year?

i know what I'd want.

Well he's being offered £100k or thereabouts now and Id say he isnt a £100k a week player. In my opinion.

Ive also said I swing between selling him and paying him, I dont know how more honest I can be. Should the club pay more? Do I think sterling should accept what the club is offering? Out of those 2 questions, I know which one the answer to should be yes.

According to this article, all contract negotiations are being handled by Mike Gordon of FSG. Not sure how rodgers can be comfortable with the negotiations not being in his hands though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2995139/Brendan-Rodgers-powerless-talks-new-deal-key-Liverpool-duo-Raheem-Sterling-Jordan-Henderson.html