You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

OAP concession season ticket - question

smokinstu

Hi all. I have a question, if my dad has got is ticket this year, and has reached discount OAP age, and get a discount. Can he still pass me that ticket to use when he's not going?

Am i going to have an argument on the gate, or am i able to get in fine?

anyone know?

thanks.

Guest davelfc

AFAIK, you should pay the difference. You can do this at the ticket office on the day or a few days before the match.

Is it really worth risking his ticket for the sake of a few quid?

If it is like the Kop the stewards don't check your ticket as you scan the card and when it flashes green it lets you in.

My mates who are 21 use concession tickets for all away games and only one of them got stopped last season and all he too do was go to the ticket office and pay the difference.

Guest davelfc
Cheers Dave, no im happy to pay the diff. Just wasnt sure if its an issue at the turn style. Guess something flashes up saying i should be over 65 and they'll pull me up.

I think there's a limit to how many times you can upgrade in a season, although obviously the best people to ask are the ticket office staff.

AFAIK normal season tickets flash green, concessions flash orange. Maybe someone else can confirm this, your dad might have noticed if he's used it.

I'm in the same boat here this coming season...

We have 2 Season Tickets that we share between the 3 of us (Me, my Brother and My Dad).

The Old Man has just turned 65 and got the OAP's fancard so there will be about 6/7 times this season when I'll have to use his over 65's fan card.