You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Had one of the best meals I've ever cooked tonight: pumpkin rosti, spinach masala and fried cumin and mustard seed tofu with a tamarind glaze and little coconut cream and some sauteed cavolo nero straight from the garden. Tasty as fuck.

• Upvote 1

Did a nice, simple, light, warer-rich side salad tonight courtesy of the Fitbit blog.

Watermelon, chopped fresh mint, and crumbled feta cheese. The watermelon and mint alone works superbly. The feta adds a nice tang to it all.

Christ, I sound like Guy Fieri...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really digging asparagus done as above with some generous seasoning at the moment.

Saw a River Cottage episode where Hugh used steamed asparagus like toast soldiers with a semi-boiled egg. He cut the top off the egg, put in some seasoning, a bit of cider vinegar and a little knob of butter before stirring it into the runny yolks to make a sort of instant hollandaise sauce. Never tried that combo but it looked good yet simple to make.

• Upvote 1

Saw a River Cottage episode where Hugh used steamed asparagus like toast soldiers with a semi-boiled egg. He cut the top off the egg, put in some seasoning, a bit of cider vinegar and a little knob of butter before stirring it into the runny yolks to make a sort of instant hollandaise sauce. Never tried that combo but it looked good yet simple to make.

I've been meaning to try something similar myself, especially as I have seem to have found a farm that sell loads of double-yokers

Just popped into a local street food festival for lunch. Had a panzerotti accompanied by a nice cider, followed by churros covered in sugar, and to finish off a new forest ice cream.

Never had a panzerotti before, but given my conversion to calzone instead of regular pizza it was, unsurprisingly, great.

Beef bourguignon with dauphinoise potatoes for lunch today washed down plenty of wine. Some cheese and port later then a big kip to let the gout set in.

Are you in Glasgow?

It’s been baking here.

Big fat gins and barbecue for us