You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boston Bomb

My youngest son is supposed to be going to Boston to work in about four weeks time. He`s just finished his first year at uni and is going there for three or four months, got the job sorted and his flights and everything. He`s out at the mo so don`t know how he`ll react to this yet. Hope he changes his mind and thinks about not going.

I guess something like: bombs in Boston: the world watches in horror (and rightly so of course)

US drones strike in Kandahar AND THEN also take out the first responders (common practice under Obama): nobody really cares

Some do care for both,thankfully.

My youngest son is supposed to be going to Boston to work in about four weeks time. He`s just finished his first year at uni and is going there for three or four months, got the job sorted and his flights and everything. He`s out at the mo so don`t know how he`ll react to this yet. Hope he changes his mind and thinks about not going.

Do you leave your house?

If it was me, i would be happier. The security around Boston will be heightened to the max for the next few years.

Good point that actually. Don`t think his mum will see it that way though.

As a Dad myself I understand your worries.

I think what Cardie was trying to say is that you should be thankful your lad wasnt there today.Hardly likely it will happen again there is it?.

Horrific this, absolutely horrific.

This fella with the camera should be putting the camera down and going to help rather than shouting and poking the camera at where he hopes there will be juicy footage.

Its a miracle if there is only a few deaths after that and the second one seconds after to catch people running away and emergency services is just inhuman.

It seemed very organised so would seem to be well planned.

Apparently, some absolute twat has made a Youtube vid showing images and footage of the carnage, set to 'Shipping Out Of Boston' by Dropkick Murphys, which has a VERY specific lyric. I haven't seen the vid but it's been reported to Youtube mods. Almost as bad as the people who seek to harm others are those who seek to gain some sort of kick or notoriety out of the aftermath. Cunts the lot of them.

Apparently, some absolute twat has made a Youtube vid showing images and footage of the carnage, set to 'Shipping Out Of Boston' by Dropkick Murphys, which has a VERY specific lyric. I haven't seen the vid but it's been reported to Youtube mods. Almost as bad as the people who seek to harm others are those who seek to gain some sort of kick or notoriety out of the aftermath. Cunts the lot of them.

Sick minds different methods.

This fella with the camera should be putting the camera down and going to help rather than shouting and poking the camera at where he hopes there will be juicy footage.

Actually I think he was quite conciously not shooting in and around the victims, but capturing an idea of the scale of what happened for the accurate reporting of an important piece of news.

If he's there with functioning equipment and doesn't do that, his career is over. People were being directed away and the response crews were in force so I doubt his efforts would have been appreciated if he had put himself in the middle of it. Could have helped with the fences though...

Whats happened in Boston is absolutely awful but its crazy how bias (perhaps not the right word) the media is. Further its crazy how little people seem to value life in lesser developed countries. For instance, this happened today too:

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding | Mail Online

At least 30 members of an Afghan wedding party were killed and many more wounded when a U.S. plane bombed a village in the central province of Uruzgan today, Afghan officials and residents said.

The bombing happened today in a village in the rugged, mountainous region 175 km (105 miles) northeast of the southern city of Kandahar, residents said.

They told the local Pashtu service of the BBC at least 120 people had been either killed or wounded.

A Defence Ministry official said celebrants were firing into the air, as is traditional in Pashtun weddings.

"There was no-one to help last night," resident Abdul Saboor told the BBC. "We managed to transfer some of the wounded to Kandahar in the morning. Some of the foreigners' choppers also came to help.

"There are no Taliban or al Qaeda or Arabs here. These people were all civilians, women and children."

Defence Ministry offical Dr Gulbuddin told Reuters: "More than 30 people were killed. It was a wedding ceremony and some of the participants were firing in the sky as part of the celebration. Americans have confessed that they made a mistake."

Uproar? Messages of grief? Nope. Hardly even mentioned.

Another argument to explain this is that people as a whole have become desensitised to death in such countries. Not that it is any less saddening, just that it is so commonplace that it doesn't get the same reaction.

Actually I think he was quite conciously not shooting in and around the victims, but capturing an idea of the scale of what happened for the accurate reporting of an important piece of news.

If he's there with functioning equipment and doesn't do that, his career is over. People were being directed away and the response crews were in force so I doubt his efforts would have been appreciated if he had put himself in the middle of it. Could have helped with the fences though...

I saw that one too, thought he could have given a hand getting the fence out of the way but don't think he went anywhere near the hurt people, more focusing on the broken windows.

Whats happened in Boston is absolutely awful but its crazy how bias (perhaps not the right word) the media is. Further its crazy how little people seem to value life in lesser developed countries. For instance, this happened today too:

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding | Mail Online

Uproar? Messages of grief? Nope. Hardly even mentioned.

Another argument to explain this is that people as a whole have become desensitised to death in such countries. Not that it is any less saddening, just that it is so commonplace that it doesn't get the same reaction.

Already been suggested mate.As sensitively as the point is made,some will never understand or accept that a life in a muslim country is equal to that of a western country.So sad.

Explosions Reported At The Boston Marathon; Dozens Injured [updating]

Don't know how to post pictures, but on that site (not for the squeamish) the 2nd picture down shows the bomb going off, but have a look on the roof, there seems to be a man on the roof. Isn't that abit unusual?

That bottom pic of the fella being held by the police is eerie...