You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To be fair he sadly isn't. the new way of interpret the handball rule inside the box is well known (amongst referees that is).

If the defending team gets an advantage of the handball, or the attacking team get a disadvantage - it's a penalty.

The ironic thing about that stupid way of looking at it is that a balloned shot two feet from an arm will earn the attacking team a penalty. If Allen's arm wasn't there, the ball would end up outside the stadium. But you would need slow motion reply to make that call obviously.

Blame the rules, not the ref.

For the record, I don't think it's a penalty in a million years. But I know why it's given.

All true. The handball rule has become a joke. Don't understand how and why, but it has happend over the last 5 years or so.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK my take is we played well, first fifteen to twenty minutes. Johnson was unplayable then we set back and let them play the balls in from wide, we got raped.

We came out second half and played the game, kept it neat and tidy and walked away with three points.

We all need, what we need but that was a hell of result could we not maybe just enjoy it, and it should have been a penalty a stone wall one but yet again it went against us.

Three points get the fuck in.

We have played well in games this year hit the bar, the post everything and not won, we did not play great but we won, no one deserves a bit of luck more than us this season because we have had very little. You need wins like this.

Bingo, we deserved that tonight.

Maybe not the performance, but in the grand scheme of all the shit thats gone against us between shit decisions, crossbars, posts and downright shit luck.

I see the usual miserable twats are spouting the same usual bollocks.

Basically - West Ham got a lead without having to do anything. A scarcely deserved penalty and an own goal is just bad luck on our part. They were decent enough for half an hour after we took the lead but they were never that much of a threat. We just about deserved the 3 points, and its a nice change to get them seeing as we've deserved plenty this season and got fuck all in numerous matches.

Quick word on the ref - fucking hell. In a season of shockers, he takes the crown so far. There is nothing but bribery that can explain what we saw today, he was determined to get the points for West Ham almost from the off. Nothing anyone can say to me now can change my mind - referee's are under instruction to not give us anything - it really is the only explanation. Its a fucking piss take. He should be sacked for being so bad at his job. Probert and Atkinson in the manc derby today, proved just how bad officiating is in the Premiership. Its baffling and embarrassing in equal measure.

I'm obviously gutted, thats why I wote it was great to get the win.

But I'm not some sad deluded loser who think eveything is great just because we got away with 3 points though, its called having a perspective.

I know thats something you dont really understand, but thats okay, you are not alone by the look of things.

Did you write that drunk? Or intentionally write it so it read as though your pissed?

Lay off the babycham and get to bed Codey boy- YOU'LL END UP MAKING A COCK OF YOURSELF.......

Basically - West Ham got a lead without having to do anything. A scarcely deserved penalty and an own goal is just bad luck on our part. They were decent enough for half an hour after we took the lead but they were never that much of a threat. We just about deserved the 3 points, and its a nice change to get them seeing as we've deserved plenty this season and got fuck all in numerous matches.

Quick word on the ref - fucking hell. In a season of shockers, he takes the crown so far. There is nothing but bribery that can explain what we saw today, he was determined to get the points for West Ham almost from the off. Nothing anyone can say to me now can change my mind - referee's are under instruction to not give us anything - it really is the only explanation. Its a fucking piss take. He should be sacked for being so bad at his job. Probert and Atkinson in the manc derby today, proved just how bad officiating is in the Premiership. Its baffling and embarrassing in equal measure.

It was truly repugnant and it has been all season. I don't give a fuck what anybody says, they are actively trying to give us fuck all.

Cue the usual "The tinhat brigade are out again! Corruption? In our esteemed premier league?! Never!"

Bingo, we deserved that tonight.

Maybe not the performance, but in the grand scheme of all the shit thats gone against us between shit decisions, crossbars, posts and downright shit luck.

I agree we deserved it, but it's not even like we had the luck today either (unless you count their best player going off as luck). An appalling penalty decision, a non penalty, a player staying on the field despite a studs first chest high 'challenge' on Sterling... hmm, we weren't great but who is going to be in the face of fat sham's special brand of 'football'?

Anyone else not think that Taylor was dead lucky to still be on the pitch at half-time? Studs high up in to Sterling's stomach. Seen many a red for that, certainly an easy yellow to give & yet the ref made it clear he was booking him more for the accumulation of fouls rather than the fact he'd just tried to cut Sterling in half!

Glad it was Collins the own goal came off too. Especially after his assault on Agger's neck!

EDIT - I see Rushie's Tache beat me to it

Edited by Paisley
already said

You're ace. After months of dismissing great performances because the results weren't there, you're now pointing at the performance and trying to ignore the result. Last week you were giving Rodgers grief for 'probably' missing out in Europe. That went quiet when we finished top of our group.

You're a joke across multiple forums. I suspect you're mentally ill. At a guess I'd say you've got a borderline personality disorder.

Off the pills again?

Your carer will be along soon so dont worry.

Who is saying everything's great? Nobody, I don't know what's happened to you. Even during the Rafa hate years it wasn't this weird.

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what some of these paranoid losers are talking about, I said it was a shite performance but a great win.

Thats obviously not allowed in the nut house.

It was horrible wasnt it. Allen's ball to hand was a joke, 9 times out of 10 they dont give a penalty for that. Shelvey got fouled 3 times in the space of 2 seconds and he waves play on. Cole gets to climb all over our defenders without the cunt doing anything, and when Sterling makes the slightest contact on one of their players he cant fucking wait to blow his whistle. Taylor karate kicks Sterling in his stomach studs first and gets a fuckin yellow. He adds 5 minutes at the end of the game, which is fair enough, but waits until well after 6 to blow his whistle.

Anyone watching later on MotD2, look at the ref talking tot he West Ham players and his general body language as they prepare to take a 25yard free late in the first half. It looked to me like he was leaning in to tell them something and generally giving them as much assistance as he could, even to the extent of looking at the path they had to goal. He stepped back away, then stepped back in to check a gap or something, then blew the whistle.

Maybe not what was actually happening, but that's what it looked like.

I don't go along with this conspiracy theory against us, I genuinely believe that this is the worst crop of referees we have ever had to endure since the Premier League began.Watching MOTD every week,there are atrocious decisons in many games-I am sure every fan thinks their team is hard done to. I put it down to shit officials ,rather than bias.

It's a weird one. We didn't play that well and I was fuming about a few things whilst the game was going but I've taken more hope from that win than any other this season. We showed a bit of fight and managed to dig out a win without Suarez.

We won badly which is something we don't do enough. The Mancs do it, Chelsea do it, City do it and it's what we need to do now and again to get back to where we want to be. We are only 4 points from 4th and we have not been great at all. To be this close is great and we will only get better. I'm feeling pretty happy with our position all things considered and I'm optimistic for the rest of the season.

I agree with Code for once that the performance was just horrendous. There are mitigating factors such as the big European game (these days that's a big game) and the flight being cancelled, along with no fucking strikers on the books being available for the first time since we played Igor up front and vowed 'never again'. I can't believe we won with that team and the way it was going, and am delighted have been stunned that we did, but any optimism is cautious. I am looking at the fixtures and dreaming of surging up the table, above Everton and into fourth as we find our feet in the new year, but I just couldn't believe how bad we were today at times.

Still, I'm fully behind Rogers for now and if it's true we played the best football so far against Spurs last week then the following two wins are very encouraging.

But much more of watching Cole eater, Herendo, Downsyndrome et al after the new year and I will really struggle to support these people. I really hate Cole and Downing quite severely, but understand the pragmatism of protecting our assets for the club and not devaluing them. And for fuck sake dear GOD put Johnson on the wing.

Anyone notice the quick free kick that ref let west ham take as well in the first half? Completely took our lads by surprise. I know the rules of the game say that's allowed but I've never liked it - always seems as if the ref and the attacking team are colluding and it's not in the spirit of the game. I like it even less considering the rest of the decisions he made today.

No doubt in my mind that someone, somewhere has called for this kind of refereeing display to happen to us. It's way, way, way past coincidental. I just hope I'm still around when it comes out as it's sure to but it could be years before it does.