You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think FFP is going to come in, and I think our owners are maybe a bit too keen and unrealistic about he impact it may have at first, but in the long-term it's a go'er.

We need to keep up this momentum of buying amazing kids though, because very soon all the other big clubs are going to cut our throat to get the next big youth talents. How much did we pay for Sterling? And how much do you reckon he'll be worth in 3 years time? A fucking fortune. It sounds like Yesil might be another cash converter, as well as Ibe, Teixeira, Sinclair, and Suso. I also like the look of Biao, and fuck knows what's happening with that Nacho lad.

But, the more we play them, the more likely they are to keep coming to us.

Guest ShoePiss
No he's not. He's the CEO of the British division of ENIC who own Spurs.

The dude that owns ENIC, some Brit Billionaire. Thats the money behind spurs, not Levy.

Kinell, yes he is along with Joe Lewis. The point was that Levy is a different kettle of fish to our requirement and that he's not this super football man anyway.

This place is so tedious at times :)

Fair comment Neil about Werner being the point man for the operation.

I see little merit though in scapegoating Werner when there are forces at play which we do not understand who are wielding the power behind the scenes.

I don't see it as scapegoating him. I see it as identifying him as the most, possibly the only, viable channel of communication to find out what the fuck is going on with our club.

Yes but no-one on here has a fucking clue what the real figures are, so it's just a load of waffle.

It's a simple question for me. Does the squad need investment to compete?

If the answer is yes, and it is, then they need to shit or get off the pot.

Underming the manager and then saying sorry is not acceptable.

This is pretty much the bottom line for me about where we should go from here. The actual amount of their own money they've put in is secondary.

I don't see it as scapegoating him. I see it as identifying him as the most, possibly the only, viable channel of communication to find out what the fuck is going on with our club.

Chairmen of any organisation,by definition, are not operational figures.

Locally, Ayre needs to be held to account. In Boston, what happens is simply unknown. I suspect that Henry, in practical terms, reports back to the FSG Investors who approve or veto specific courses of action. Who are the key figures? Who are the voting blocks? DiBenedetto should be hugely influential but apart from the AA deal and the Fenway friendly there has been no obvious involvement.

My guess is that FSG got involved for a (modest) stake only,not to be pumping money into the club or underwriting borrowings, so Henry is effectively in charge of babysitting the investment.

I think you are after the wrong man.

Chairmen of any organisation,by definition, are not operational figures.

Locally, Ayre needs to be held to account. In Boston, what happens is simply unknown. I suspect that Henry, in practical terms, reports back to the FSG Investors who approve or veto specific courses of action. Who are the key figures? Who are the voting blocks? DiBenedetto should be hugely influential but apart from the AA deal and the Fenway friendly there has been no obvious involvement.

My guess is that FSG got involved for a (modest) stake only,not to be pumping money into the club or underwriting borrowings, so Henry is effectively in charge of babysitting the investment.

I think you are after the wrong man.

I wasn't talking about operational matters, I was talking about precisely the kind of big behind the scenes stuff that you refer to here. I should have made that clearer.

We have a right to know what FSG's strategy for the club is, how the key decisions are made, by whom, and what other considerations these parties might introduce into the process. If Werner and Henry can't or won't give us clear satisfactory answers to that, answers which we can critically assess against the things FSG actually do, then we'll be justified in doubting their competence and their intentions. From there we can discuss what we as a fanbase should do next.

with regard to him, He had Roma to look after until the 27th Aug, he has put a hedge fund manager in charge!, pretty sure he's happy about the Borini deal, and he wanted to get rid of De rossi but others vetoed that... have a look at what they have done at Roma! trimmed the wage down, and gone looking for bargains hence they got that czech fella in... they tried the "barca" experiment there first with enrique, now it's our turn... :whistle:

They spent loads in their first summer window, backed the manager with substantial funds only to sack him at the end of the season, bring a new manager in and not give him much financial backing at all and expect him to scrape buy with a couple of young, promising new signings.

Sound familiar?

The DiBenedetto factor is often overlooked.

Clearly he brokered the summer Roma v Liverpool friendly in Boston.

The Borini deal is odd. Roma only completed the deal with Parma, for around e6.75 on 23/6/12, around £5.4m.

On 9/7/12 we paid £11m for him. That is a £5.6m profit in 16 days for Roma. Now it appears they had an option to buy, but it also appears that there was an opportunity to trump the deal.

Either we missed an opportunity to buy significantly cheaper, or we paid £5.6m over the odds, which is it? I wonder how that deal was financed, and who benefitted from that double your money deal in two weeks? I wonder the extent to which Di Benedetto was using insider knowledge for personal gain, Roma gain, or LFC advantage?

Di Benedetto is far and away the most experienced football man in FSG – way beyond Ayre. What is he saying? He also owns a property development company – what is he saying on the stadium?

The idea that the man who knows the most about football in FSG is not playing a part in advising FSG is inconceivable. is that knowledge being used for FSG's, LFC's, Roma's or his personal benefit?

Could it not be that Roma owned 50% of Borini.

Roma Paid EUR2.3ml for 50% stake then at the end of the season both clubs put blind bids to the Italian FA for the other half of the contract.They won with a bid of EUR5.3ml so paid EUR7.6ml euros for him.

The only way we could get involved with the deal would have been to agree separate deals with Parma and Roma.I doubt either side would have agree to deals worth EUR3.8ml.

Yes Roma made a decent profit on the deal,that is to be expected.